Home Engineering Room

Vodafone Connection Issues - Only Germany

Just if someone, being in Germany and using Vodafone, is wondering why they can t log into the game anymore.

That issue is to 100% on Vodafone and several other services like twitch are affected as well.

Vodafone Germany CS of course isn t aware of any issue. Like usual.
•SSR Delta Flyers•

Comments

• I've been having the same problem for hours now. It affects both wifi and mobile data. Can't log onto the game via facebook either.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been having the same problem for hours now. It affects both wifi and mobile data. Can't log onto the game via facebook either.

I heard a VPN is a workaround, but havn t tried it on my own.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • I have the same issue, both on Vodafone via landline / wifi as well as via mobile data (i. e. with wifi switched off). I tried the iphone client and the steam client (which I installed for this purpose - man, this is probably the worst software I am running on my PC, it is virtually impossible to get it to display properly).

I can confirm that it works with the PC client using PrivadoVPN using a UK server (but not using a German server). At the same time, I am unable to connect with ProtonVPN, which might be a similar issue with Vodafone.
  • Riker's islan{DD}Riker's islan{DD} ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I’m in the UK on Vodafone and had connectivity issues earlier thy lasted 3-4 hrs. Could access via 4G but not on wifi.

Once the game loaded, was able to play on wifi - with severe delays.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd recommend for all Vodafoners to write support tickets, maybe you will at least get your crashed voyages returned with all their goodies inside. It might not be the game's "fault", but if such a large amount of users is affected, support might show lenience. <3
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • JassadaJassada ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing this! I have to switch to mobile data to play, but at least I know I can do that now!
  • HonzaHonza ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I'm pretty sure I'm affected by same issue despite of not being in Germany (but still on Vodafone). Managed to configure VPN.
  • Wait. Actually seems it started working without VPN now.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working again for me as well. Only took them ~ 14hs 🙄
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Confirmed as back to normal service at my end as well