Home The Bridge

One Legendary Offer for $9.99 "Related" to the upcoming Event.

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2022 in The Bridge
Is this the "new normal" now for the Legendary Offers? Until last week there were usually two. Last week and this week, one. And both coincidentally were Borg, IIRC.

wuqxpn7xkrfp.png
What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?

Comments

• (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recall this was the old norm once upon a time. No reason it can't be just one...
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    They want us to spend even less, if the recent events wasn't offputting enough...
  • SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    For 2 weeks these offers are removed. We do not get 1 legendary+1900 chrons + 300k credits anymore.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meow Sonja, I can confirm this, I haven't seen it either. Not even some older existing goldies.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    Just calling it now:

These offers will be coming (exclusively) to a webstore near you! (For exactly the same price as before)
  • SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    Just calling it now:

These offers will be coming (exclusively) to a webstore near you! (For exactly the same price as before)

So they will be only in webstore not in game.
    Sonja wrote: »
    Just calling it now:

If my theory is correct.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind if the price was identical, but I'd like to see them back. Also, today looks like there will be new items in the webstore anyway (June 30th and July 6th offers are running out).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    Perhaps @Shan can bring some light in this matter.
    edited July 2022
    I would mind a lot if it was the exact same price and had no added value from the offers we saw in game.

If they are only available in the webstore, id like to see At a minimum, fluffing the chrons and creds by 30%, and adding 250 more vip to the offer.

My concern, is that the most popular offers that were available in game will be made exclusive to the webstore with no added value or benefit to the players.

I understand people saying “thats business” or “thats capitalism”, but we all know that they are clearing more profit from these deals on their webstore. There is zero reason why they cant incentivize players to use that platform by making it a better deal. When they dont do that, and when they strip away the popular offers from the game, they are forcing the issue that they want their 30% extra for their pixels, and no, we wont give you more pixels. Its just a dirty, greedy move.

But hopefully, that is not the way it goes down.
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would it make a difference if it is in the webstore for $9.99 or the game for $9.99? You get the same thing for the same price. The only difference is WRG gets the entire $9.99 as opposed to loosing the Apple/Google fee. No where in the announcement did they say everything would be discounted in the webstore.
    Why would it make a difference if it is in the webstore for $9.99 or the game for $9.99? You get the same thing for the same price. The only difference is WRG gets the entire $9.99 as opposed to loosing the Apple/Google fee. No where in the announcement did they say everything would be discounted in the webstore.

No im afraid that just isnt true. The difference is that in this hypothetical (and with the current ten for ten offer in the webstore) they have eliminated the convenience the players had to purchase the offer in game, forced the purchase through their own platform, and made more money off of the same old offer we saw in the past.

And if you want to get technical, yes you are correct that they did not explicitly say “everything” would be discounted.

However, they did say that the reason for the store was to offer better deals with better discounts. What we have seen so far with the ten for ten offer, is that the real plan is to take the popular offers away from in game purchases, make them exclusive to the webstore with no discount or extra value added for the players. And they rake in 30% more profit and dont do anything to give back to the players. Im not even saying they have to discount the price by 30%. Im saying put some more stupid pixels in the offer.

• JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    And they rake in 30% more profit and dont do anything to give back to the players. Im not even saying they have to discount the price by 30%. Im saying put some more stupid pixels in the offer.

There is one point you are missing though:

This is a game for a "niche" audience, no smash hit like, say, Candy Crush. The glory days of STT are over. And without Tilting Point snatching it, the game would not even exist anymore. I am all for great offers, more value etc. But if this store move helps to keep the game alive a while longer by generating additional profit I don´t mind. Like with everything: Good offers I want and can afford I buy, bad offers I ignore.

And they rake in 30% more profit and dont do anything to give back to the players. Im not even saying they have to discount the price by 30%. Im saying put some more stupid pixels in the offer.

There is one point you are missing though:

This is a game for a "niche" audience, no smash hit like, say, Candy Crush. The glory days of STT are over. And without Tilting Point snatching it, the game would not even exist anymore. I am all for great offers, more value etc. But if this store move helps to keep the game alive a while longer by generating additional profit I don´t mind. Like with everything: Good offers I want and can afford I buy, bad offers I ignore.

Oh no i get that point.

Im just saying that we arent exactly dealing with a finite resource here. They can populate the offers with as many and whatever pixels they want.

So to your point, why not make the offer better than what was offered in game, and show some geatuity to the customers? Literally costs them nothing.

Not sure why folks are arguing with me that the players, as well as the comapnay should be getting a better deal. Not just one or the other.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Full disclosure that I don't spend on this game anymore and have zero intention to change that.

By cutting out the middle man, WRG is certainly pocketing more money - this in turn means more longevity for the game as they continue to be profitable, and maybe, if we're lucky, more money to put into the development of new features. At the end of the day, their goal is to make a larger profit - if pushing people to the store with existing offers doesn't accomplish that on its own, then they should definitely add more pixels to motivate players. It's only been a few weeks - they are certainly in a test & learn phase, and as Shan mentioned above the offers aren't set in stone. They'll find what works - and if you're convinced that they should be giving more to sweeten the pot, then I would recommend not spending on the offers currently there to send them that message.
    robownage wrote: »
    Full disclosure that I don't spend on this game anymore and have zero intention to change that.

By cutting out the middle man, WRG is certainly pocketing more money - this in turn means more longevity for the game as they continue to be profitable, and maybe, if we're lucky, more money to put into the development of new features. At the end of the day, their goal is to make a larger profit - if pushing people to the store with existing offers doesn't accomplish that on its own, then they should definitely add more pixels to motivate players. It's only been a few weeks - they are certainly in a test & learn phase, and as Shan mentioned above the offers aren't set in stone. They'll find what works - and if you're convinced that they should be giving more to sweeten the pot, then I would recommend not spending on the offers currently there to send them that message.

I am not spending on the offers, and using every platform available to educate other consumers about the “quality” of these deals.

So, in essence, i am attempting to get everyone the best deal possible.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I would mind a lot if it was the exact same price and had no added value from the offers we saw in game.

If they are only available in the webstore, id like to see At a minimum, fluffing the chrons and creds by 30%, and adding 250 more vip to the offer.

My concern, is that the most popular offers that were available in game will be made exclusive to the webstore with no added value or benefit to the players.

I understand people saying “thats business” or “thats capitalism”, but we all know that they are clearing more profit from these deals on their webstore. There is zero reason why they cant incentivize players to use that platform by making it a better deal. When they dont do that, and when they strip away the popular offers from the game, they are forcing the issue that they want their 30% extra for their pixels, and no, we wont give you more pixels. Its just a dirty, greedy move.

You said your peace in the other thread (that was closed). No need to start it again here.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...

You said your peace in the other thread (that was closed). No need to start it again here.

I wasnt aware that you were the forum moderator.

Oh, you arent.

So in that case, i will go on living my life without your guidance.
  • SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Offers are not set in stone, what is surfaced one month is not necessarily what will be offered from here on end.

This does not imply that offers will become webstore exclusive :smile:

Thank you, @Shan. I hope these offers will come back to us.
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Just calling it now:

If my theory is correct.

Just a theory, or more like a thought

l3c1590ctwnz.jpg

Not happy with this 😠
    Just calling it now:

If my theory is correct.

l3c1590ctwnz.jpg

Not happy with this 😠

Well, they said “for now”......
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Just calling it now:

If my theory is correct.

l3c1590ctwnz.jpg

Not happy with this 😠

Well, there went the majority of my spending. Campaign, dilithium card, and the occasional deal for now. I bought at least one, sometimes both, every week. I'll see how the credit situation looks and consider a Quantum card, but I don't think that will work for me. Right now, everything comes together at just about the perfect time to Retrieve.
    Anyone else notice the DYC offers run out in 8 hours instead of 12 now?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    Yes, DYC run out in 8 hours and refresh 12 hours instead of 24h. It was an announcement.
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    It was supposed to be until July 1st
    But the DYC offer was supposed to be until X as well.
    I'm not complaining as don't have to wait a day if I want to take the offer 🙂
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Oh, you arent.

So, it wasn’t just about sharing a concern with WRG, which was clearly taken in by Shan in the previous thread. In other words, you just want a platform to incessantly complain and explain your perceived entitlement.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

No im afraid that just isnt true. The difference is that in this hypothetical (and with the current ten for ten offer in the webstore) they have eliminated the convenience the players had to purchase the offer in game, forced the purchase through their own platform, and made more money off of the same old offer we saw in the past.

And if you want to get technical, yes you are correct that they did not explicitly say “everything” would be discounted.

However, they did say that the reason for the store was to offer better deals with better discounts. What we have seen so far with the ten for ten offer, is that the real plan is to take the popular offers away from in game purchases, make them exclusive to the webstore with no discount or extra value added for the players. And they rake in 30% more profit and dont do anything to give back to the players. Im not even saying they have to discount the price by 30%. Im saying put some more stupid pixels in the offer.

Also, the offer is WORSE in the Webstore if you use GooglePlay to make purchases......
    Im just saying, popular offers are not being eliminated, they are looking for the way

Oh, you arent.

So, it wasn’t just about sharing a concern with WRG, which was clearly taken in by Shan in the previous thread. In other words, you just want a platform to incessantly complain and explain your perceived entitlement.

This is a place to provide feedback to wrg. I have yet to see my concerns addressed, wither in game, on the webstore, or in here. So its completely fine for me to continue to make it clear that there is a big issue looming.shans statement that nothing was set in stone is no less vague than saying future offers could be better or much worse.

If its fine for you to advocate that wrg should make more money off of players, then its fine for me to advocate that players get a better deal as part of the bargain.

Calling it a complaint is a stretch, and entitlement is just an attempt at silencing me.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im just saying, popular offers are not being eliminated, they are looking for the way

Oh, you arent.

This is a place to provide feedback to wrg. I have yet to see my concerns addressed, wither in game, on the webstore, or in here. So its completely fine for me to continue to make it clear that there is a big issue looming.shans statement that nothing was set in stone is no less vague than saying future offers could be better or much worse.

If its fine for you to advocate that wrg should make more money off of players, then its fine for me to advocate that players get a better deal as part of the bargain.

Calling it a complaint is a stretch, and entitlement is just an attempt at silencing me.

Making the deal better, while costing WRG nothing but pixels would likely IMPROVE sales. Making the offer better at ZERO cost to WRG, would entice more sales, not less.

edited July 2022

Oh, you arent.

Making the deal better, while costing WRG nothing but pixels would likely IMPROVE sales. Making the offer better at ZERO cost to WRG, would entice more sales, not less.

Exactly.

But plenty of people here are saying all kinds of crazy instead of acknowledging this.

And even if i give wrg the benefit of the doubt and assume that the ten for ten being exclusive on the webstore is their attempt at getting data points for perceived demand on this known popular offer, but purchased through a new platform: my reaction to that is “what about the extra 30% profit you made off those purchases?”

I firmly believe that wrg can and will get away with whatever they are allowed to get away with. I hope, hope, that they dont get away with eliminating a convenient purchase platform for a clunkier mess, all in the name of profit with no returns to customers.
This discussion has been closed.