Home The Bridge
Options

Why is it that shinzon is never in a pack or in a event? 🤔

2»

Answers

• Options
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Three points to <TGE> Donut: 1 for saying what we were all thinking, 1 for doing it in a passive-aggressively snarky tone, and 1 for spelling 'donut' properly :)

Doughnut - English Traditional,
    Donut - English Simplified.

;)

Why would a circle made of DOUGH, be spelled donut? The word contains the sound of the primary ingredient of the food. In a forum full of ST fans, you'd think people would appreciate the LOGIC of spelling it Doughnut?
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Cam Taliis wrote: »
    Starship Troopers is awesome. In fact Robocop, Total Recall and Starship Troopers are all awesome (same director - Paul Verhoeven). Remakes make me sad.

I love 80s straight to video action/sci-fi movies, no matter how bad they are (the three aforementioned movies do not fall into that category obviously).

As for Nemesis, I saw it at the cinema when it came out and was alone in the cinema. Not even exaggerating - I basically had a private screening. Haven’t seen it since but don’t remember it being as bad as some say. Surely it’s better than The Final Frontier?

Starship Troopers is awesome if you've never read the book or anything by Robert Heinlein.
    Also if you don't listen to the commentary about what they intended the theme of the movie to be about.

I loved the book. Actually my favorite part of the book was those mechanical suits of armor they would wear. Which is why I LOVED the CGI animated series "Roughnecks: The Starship Trooper Chronicles" - I would definitely recommend it, if you're a fan.
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    How dare you call They Live a terrible movie. It’s my second-favorite John Carpenter movie.

Your #1 favourite better not be The Fog lmao (assuming it's Halloween?)

Nope, The Thing!

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three points to <TGE> Donut: 1 for saying what we were all thinking, 1 for doing it in a passive-aggressively snarky tone, and 1 for spelling 'donut' properly :)

;)

Why would a circle made of DOUGH, be spelled donut? The word contains the sound of the primary ingredient of the food. In a forum full of ST fans, you'd think people would appreciate the LOGIC of spelling it Doughnut?

And why would a torus of dough be called a NUT anyway? :smile:
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starship Troopers is awesome. In fact Robocop, Total Recall and Starship Troopers are all awesome (same director - Paul Verhoeven). Remakes make me sad.

I love 80s straight to video action/sci-fi movies, no matter how bad they are (the three aforementioned movies do not fall into that category obviously).

As for Nemesis, I saw it at the cinema when it came out and was alone in the cinema. Not even exaggerating - I basically had a private screening. Haven’t seen it since but don’t remember it being as bad as some say. Surely it’s better than The Final Frontier?

Starship Troopers is awesome if you've never read the book or anything by Robert Heinlein.
    Also if you don't listen to the commentary about what they intended the theme of the movie to be about.

I loved the book. Actually my favorite part of the book was those mechanical suits of armor they would wear. Which is why I LOVED the CGI animated series "Roughnecks: The Starship Trooper Chronicles" - I would definitely recommend it, if you're a fan.

I think that was one of my biggest disappointments with the movie. Where are the over powered “Iron Man” combat armor suits with tactical nuclear missiles?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How dare you call They Live a terrible movie. It’s my second-favorite John Carpenter movie.

Your #1 favourite better not be The Fog lmao (assuming it's Halloween?)

Nope, The Thing!

I saw that when I was ten or twelve and it scared me to death! I couldn’t turn a corner or sleep for like two weeks
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Nemesis movie was okay, but the tricorsers and phasers used are some of my favorite star trek props!

I almost thought you said Tricorsets! That's more MU.
  • Options
    The Nemesis movie was okay, but the tricorsers and phasers used are some of my favorite star trek props!

Methinks Tricorsets are mainly worn by Draylaxian women...
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Eccentrica Gallumbits?
  • Options

Eccentrica Gallumbits?

Dunno... my knowledge is only third hand 😇
  • Options

;)

I've always thought it was because of the shape of a nut from Nuts & Bolts? Could be wrong here though
    Cymru am byth
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

;)

I've always thought it was because of the shape of a nut from Nuts & Bolts? Could be wrong here though

Sounds like you're just SCREWING around :)
  • Options
    How does Bob Marley like his doughnuts?
    With Jammin
  • Options
    They Live is one of my all time favorites. I've loved it since I was a kid, but becoming a television executive has made me appreciate it on a whole other level. There are messages in everything :o
  • Options

TFF has some great character moments which save it from being a complete wreck.

NEM has... Picard trying to be Fast and Furious before that was a thing, a creepy rape moment handled so very, very badly and completely wasted Data's death before rowing back a little with B4 (oooh! B4! Be-four! Before! We're so clever and witty, we'll show that Maid in Manhattan about phrasing! Oh wait, we didn't, sad trombone noise.)

The only good thing to be said about NEM is that it might have been a decent plot for a Riddick movie.

It remains the only Trek movie, post TMP (I was too young) I never watched at the cinema, after downloading it and deciding against seeing it on the big screen.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that was one of my biggest disappointments with the movie. Where are the over powered “Iron Man” combat armor suits with tactical nuclear missiles?

That would be the THIRD straight to DVD Starship Troopers movie: Marauder.

Featuring none other than T'Pol herself! Jolene Blalock.
  • Options

That would be the THIRD straight to DVD Starship Troopers movie: Marauder.

Featuring none other than T'Pol herself! Jolene Blalock.

THIRD? I gave up after one... OK, I’ll confess... I liked Tremors (but the 90 sequels weren’t great)
  • Options
    Die Hard 2 was bad but I liked Die Hard 3.
    I had a private viewing (only 2 in theatre) for Mission to Mars which I really liked. Maybe because we could riff and comment as the movie progressed. Saw it again 10 years later wasn’t the same.
    Having said that you got mail again just us two in the theatre. Maybe that was the case with late night sat movies for that theatre near cherry hill...

Anyone remember Cool World!

• Options

;)

The original doughnuts weren't ring-shaped, they were round balls, a bit bigger than modern donut holes, so it made sense at the time.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Die Hard 2 was bad but I liked Die Hard 3.
    I had a private viewing (only 2 in theatre) for Mission to Mars which I really liked. Maybe because we could riff and comment as the movie progressed. Saw it again 10 years later wasn’t the same.
    Having said that you got mail again just us two in the theatre. Maybe that was the case with late night sat movies for that theatre near cherry hill...

Anyone remember Cool World!

Sam Jackson was great in Die Hard 3... It was the weakest of the original 3 but still quite good IMO
  • Options
    Q Baker wrote: »
    I always wanted to get shinzon because he is my favorite trek bad guy. But I been playing 2 years and never was offered him. He is never in a pack or event. DB what's up with that??!!

He could count for next weeks Valdore event if they gave him the Romulan Trait

• Options
    Trying to be understanding because we all have that "bad movie" that we like... Batman Forever is one for me... but mannnnnnnnnnnnnn Nemesis was bad

Seconding the Batman Forever love - nipple-suits forever!

Shinzon was kind of fun but nowhere near the best, which is a shame because they got a hold of Tom Hardy before he was Tom Hardy. If he can pull off a decent Venom he could surely have pulled off a more complex villain than Shinzon
  • Options
    I got Shinzon ages ago. He’s at 4*. Just need one more star.
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would LOVE to get The Scimitar as an in game ship, one of my favorite ships ever on screen (if not also the least practical) with those crazy Lionfish fins, so maybe Shinzon can pop up if they do that in a skirmish event down the line.
  • Options
    Torias327 wrote: »
    I would LOVE to get The Scimitar as an in game ship, one of my favorite ships ever on screen (if not also the least practical) with those crazy Lionfish fins, so maybe Shinzon can pop up if they do that in a skirmish event down the line.

Maybe in next week's event.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Torias327 wrote: »

Maybe in next week's event.

From the event info post:
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: A Valdore Too Far
    Event Type: Skirmish Event
    *snip*
    Event Dates: Thursday 09/13 until Monday 09/17
    *snip*
    Bonus ships:
    • Valdore Type 2* (New)
    • Romulan D'deridex Warbird 4* (Existing)
    • The Valdore 5* (New)

🖖🏻

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust