Home Ready Room

Captain Idol's Datacore Analysis Sheet (CIDAS V6.0) (Continuum Best/Trait Finder)

Comments

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, not sure how I can provide that info. I completed the work earlier in the week and didn't record all the changes I had to make. I'm sorry. I was just focused on getting the info right on my spreadsheet. It took many, many hours work. As I said above, the main discrepancies are for characters with multiple versions, and the triggers. It didn't occur to me to post about it here until I was already 75% through the work.

That is ... unfortunate. Without knowing which entries on the Wiki are incorrect, I am not sure how I can help in this situation. LLAP
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, not sure how I can provide that info. I completed the work earlier in the week and didn't record all the changes I had to make. I'm sorry. I was just focused on getting the info right on my spreadsheet. It took many, many hours work. As I said above, the main discrepancies are for characters with multiple versions, and the triggers. It didn't occur to me to post about it here until I was already 75% through the work.

You could make a new copy with the Datacore data and then do a comparison between this one and your corrected data.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭

You could make a new copy with the Datacore data and then do a comparison between this one and your corrected data.

that's true. Ok. I'll do that. Good suggestion.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
    Ok. I took my updated sheets and re-downloaded the datacore, and then made comparison sheets. The Datacore, besides having some of the "short names" incorrect, pretty much has all of the stats incorrect as compared to the STTLvl100 sheets, my actual crew, and the Wiki.

Regarding Ship Statistics: The datacore is off on pretty much every card, from Boosts Kind to Triggers, to the times for Int/Dur/Cool, Max Boosts, Handicaps, the bonus boots. Plus it's completely missing the extra "Ability Boosts" that some of the cards have. In short, the ship stats on the Datacore are completely FUBAR. Again, not a criticism, but it should be taken down until it is fixed.

Here's a link to my comparison sheets: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AsncERq1gLWhhBNQVjAlEYevZdDa?e=Sj1nd2

@~peregrine~
  • TemporalAgent7TemporalAgent7 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Ok. I took my updated sheets and re-downloaded the datacore, and then made comparison sheets. The Datacore, besides having some of the "short names" incorrect, pretty much has all of the stats incorrect as compared to the STTLvl100 sheets, my actual crew, and the Wiki.

Regarding Ship Statistics: The datacore is off on pretty much every card, from Boosts Kind to Triggers, to the times for Int/Dur/Cool, Max Boosts, Handicaps, the bonus boots. Plus it's completely missing the extra "Ability Boosts" that some of the cards have. In short, the ship stats on the Datacore are completely FUBAR. Again, not a criticism, but it should be taken down until it is fixed.

Here's a link to my comparison sheets: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AsncERq1gLWhhBNQVjAlEYevZdDa?e=Sj1nd2

@~peregrine~

That's very confusing, I'm not replicating your results. Are you sure you're not somehow modifying the output unintentionally? Can you check the actual crew.csv that you export from DataCore?

I took the first one, 1701 Bashir, from your comparison:
    g10wj0liz6l2.png

From the actual game:
    mpnrugmex0z8.png

From the DataCore website:
    plqc4b1tn6y0.png

From my exported crew.csv:
    y6n8168p2jw7.png

Everything looks correct to me. If you uploaded your profile, can you share the address (PM is fine)?
    edited March 2020

@~peregrine~

That's very confusing, I'm not replicating your results. Are you sure you're not somehow modifying the output unintentionally? Can you check the actual crew.csv that you export from DataCore?

I took the first one, 1701 Bashir, from your comparison:
    g10wj0liz6l2.png

From the actual game:
    mpnrugmex0z8.png

From the DataCore website:
    plqc4b1tn6y0.png

From my exported crew.csv:
    y6n8168p2jw7.png

Everything looks correct to me. If you uploaded your profile, can you share the address (PM is fine)?

For verification, @TemporalAgent7 , here is my unformatted data for 1701 Bashir from a fresh crew.csv:

1701 Bashir TRUE Bashir 4 4 100 0 0 1 2 3 3 FALSE The Eugenics Wars, Do No Harm 432 472 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 920 195 354 408 63 150 660 137 266 Human,Starfleet,Federation,Undercover Operative,Cyberneticist,Physician,Engineered,nonhuman,male,organic,ds9,bashir,crew_max_rarity_4 I'm a Doctor, Not a Historian Accuracy 8 8 6 10 400 100 160 475

LLAP
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I double checked too and Bashir is correct on the wiki and DataCore.
    I don't understand why there's a difference. I did nothing to the data. I modified nothing. I followed the directions, exactly, each time when downloading the datacore. 3 times, it came up the same, as I posted it.
  • I don't understand why there's a difference. I did nothing to the data. I modified nothing. I followed the directions, exactly, each time when downloading the datacore. 3 times, it came up the same, as I posted it.

Try opening crew.csv directly in Excel and see if that's correct. Also, try making a fresh copy of Idol's sheet in case you have old stuff messing it up.
    edited March 2020
    I don't understand why there's a difference. I did nothing to the data. I modified nothing. I followed the directions, exactly, each time when downloading the datacore. 3 times, it came up the same, as I posted it.

I once had a similar issue with another data set, but that was due to me not uploading the new file from my computer’s hard drive to my Google Drive. Not sure if that is applicable here, but it’s a possible source for discrepancies.
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Darth Skippy might I suggest taking this up in DMs with @TemporalAgent7 as this mainly involves the Datacore and not this sheet.
    edited March 2020
    @Darth Skippy might I suggest taking this up in DMs with @TemporalAgent7 as this mainly involves the Datacore and not this sheet.

TemporalAgent7 is involved in this conversation, see the comment two above yours.

Try opening crew.csv directly in Excel and see if that's correct. Also, try making a fresh copy of Idol's sheet in case you have old stuff messing it up.

That is exactly what I did - straight to my Excel on my laptop, not the Drive. I have copies of both the Datacore and the crew.csv.

Again, something is amiss, whether it's not downloading correctly, or something else, I can't say, but I it took 3 days to correct the errors lol.

TemporalAgent7 is involved in this conversation, see the comment two above yours.

Yes he is but as the conversation is not directly about my sheet and is related to the discorse between the Datacore, the Wiki and your Sheets it's probably best not taken up here.

Yes he is but as the conversation is not directly about my sheet and is related to the discorse between the Datacore, the Wiki and your Sheets it's probably best not taken up here.

Okay, but I'm not sure how you can say it's not related to your sheet. I'm starting the entire process by clicking on your sheet, and following the instructions on your sheet. So, yes, the problem does start there.

Okay, but I'm not sure how you can say it's not related to your sheet. I'm starting the entire process by clicking on your sheet, and following the instructions on your sheet. So, yes, the problem does start there.

Yes but your issue is with the data that comes from the datacore and the wiki. My sheet merely inteprets that data, it doesn't produce the data itself.
    edited April 2020
    I've got a strange issue, the Honor Debt doesn't work on desktop but when I open it on a tablet it populates.
    I've got a strange issue, the Honor Debt doesn't work on desktop but when I open it on a tablet it populates.

Have you tried refreshing the desktop one, also which browser are you using? I know Sheets doesn't play nice with Firefox.
    I use Safari on desktop, refreshing did the trick.
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    @[10F] Captain Idol I know this probably isn't the right place to post this ... but you ARE the DataCore Guru! :) The DataCore page listing for Jannar is incorrect. The 'charge phases' should read +200% damage and +300% damage instead of 'accuracy'.

PS: is he worth adding and hanging on to if one is low on roster space?
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
    Cuttysark wrote: »
    @[10F] Captain Idol I know this probably isn't the right place to post this ... but you ARE the DataCore Guru! :) The DataCore page listing for Jannar is incorrect. The 'charge phases' should read +200% damage and +300% damage instead of 'accuracy'.

Incorrect, I am not the Datacore guru @TemporalAgent7 is and I believe he gets his data from the Wiki.
    He's worth hanging on to if you like rare voyage crew, otherwise probably not.
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    Cuttysark wrote: »

Incorrect, I am not the Datacore guru @TemporalAgent7 is and I believe he gets his data from the Wiki.
    He's worth hanging on to if you like rare voyage crew, otherwise probably not.

Thanks for the reply anyways. :) Guess I got confused. It is hard to keep track of who does what around here. :smiley: Maybe he will read this. I just checked and the Wiki does have it correct.
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    4sgrm84z5nbv.png

My Jannar's powers ...
  • Thank you, I fixed the problem. It wasn't in the data but in the way I was interpreting the data (charge phases with bonus ability)
    edited April 2020
    Added a ton of new collections into the latest version including:

La Sirena Bridge Crew
    More episodes: Let Who Is Without Sin, The Wolf Inside, Short Treks, If Memory Serves, Despite Yourself
    Fun Collections: Too Many Cooks, Q2, Somehow This Is Canon, Into The Desert I Go, Do Some Harm, One Scene Wonders, Bad Boys Bad Boys
    Community Collections: Voyage Exclusive, Ancestors From Earth, Strike Up The Band, Time And Relative Dimensions In Space and Baby It's Cold Outside.

Enjoy!

0ctnjw5cgbt0.png
  • RogaDanarRogaDanar ✭✭✭
    You have the wrong worf under voyage exclusive crew
    RogaDanar wrote: »

Yes, it's Colonel Worf.
    edited May 2020
    RogaDanar wrote: »

Yes, it's Colonel Worf.

Well you both are indeed right. I have fixed it. if you want to fix your local copies just change the name on the collection screen rather than download a whole new sheet.
    I happened to be going thru the collections and think the 4* Mark Lenard version of Ambassador Sarek could go in either Search for Spock, Voyage Home or Undiscovered Country,
    I happened to be going thru the collections and think the 4* Mark Lenard version of Ambassador Sarek could go in either Search for Spock, Voyage Home or Undiscovered Country,

Good call, will check to see what he is wearing to determine which movie he goes in. It might even be the "Sarek" episode clothing.