Home Ready Room
Options

Captain Idol's Datacore Analysis Sheet (CIDAS V6.0) (Continuum Best/Trait Finder)

Comments

• Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really great work, love everything about it!

hdz6358zl02h.png

However, MED/SCI as the top shuttle pair, I could not quite believe. [...]

Edited: A lot of typing for nothing, should have just read your last post. Still, it looks to me like that you calculate the full second skill for MED/SCI pairings.

You are absolutely correct, there was a bug in the code where it didn't work out the calculation correctly. This has been fixed so download a new sheet and this should be corrected.
  • Options

hdz6358zl02h.png

Edited: A lot of typing for nothing, should have just read your last post. Still, it looks to me like that you calculate the full second skill for MED/SCI pairings.

You are absolutely correct, there was a bug in the code where it didn't work out the calculation correctly. This has been fixed so download a new sheet and this should be corrected.

I am on 2.03 already, but I can try a fresh download soon.
  • Options

hdz6358zl02h.png

Yeh I just fixed it. v2.04 out now
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

hdz6358zl02h.png

You might want to update this text in the OP:

“CLICK HERE TO GOTO THE SHEET (current version V2.01)” [blue link]

Great work, as always! 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options

hdz6358zl02h.png

Great work, as always! 🖖

As always thanking the QA department for their excellent work
  • Options
    Hi Cap, another question regarding the Voyage Crew Pairs. Most of the pairs are identical regarding sequence of the stat. Example: Both CMD/DIP and DIP/CMD turn up Minuet, Borg Queen, Prof. Sato and Tenavik as the top crew for me. This, I believe, is as it should be.

However, several others don't. Example:

x1edoemdwfn8.png
    4nbnc9chhw3a.png

I was first suspecting a copypaste-error between ENG/SCI and SEC/ENG, as these are turning up the exact same crew for me. But the formula does not support that (as far as I can tell) and it turns up different scores for these crews anyway. In any case, Degra should not turn up in a SEC/ENG list, but the Ba'ul probably should.

Another pair is SCI/CMD, which seems identical to CMD/SEC and SEC/CMD (again, save for the scores). I was sure I stumbled upon another one, but can't seem to find it now.
  • Options
    Hi Cap, another question regarding the Voyage Crew Pairs. Most of the pairs are identical regarding sequence of the stat. Example: Both CMD/DIP and DIP/CMD turn up Minuet, Borg Queen, Prof. Sato and Tenavik as the top crew for me. This, I believe, is as it should be.

x1edoemdwfn8.png
    4nbnc9chhw3a.png

I was first suspecting a copypaste-error between ENG/SCI and SEC/ENG, as these are turning up the exact same crew for me. But the formula does not support that (as far as I can tell) and it turns up different scores for these crews anyway. In any case, Degra should not turn up in a SEC/ENG list, but the Ba'ul probably should.

Another pair is SCI/CMD, which seems identical to CMD/SEC and SEC/CMD (again, save for the scores). I was sure I stumbled upon another one, but can't seem to find it now.

Thanks I have now fixed this, please update to 2.05!
  • Options
    <3<3<3
    I've finally found my 'dream sheet'! Thanks oodles!

I've been using 4 spread sheets of my own and also the 'DNA' sheet. This provides a nice middle-of-the-road option: less labor intensive than my own basic sheets and not as 'top heavy' as the DNA. It is perfect as a go-to source for everyday info on my game and crew. :)

Of course there is always the updating process but I think that a once a week routine should work just fine for me and my needs. I couldn't be happier!
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options

hdz6358zl02h.png

Great work, as always! 🖖

As always thanking the QA department for their excellent work

x1edoemdwfn8.png
    4nbnc9chhw3a.png

Thanks I have now fixed this, please update to 2.05!

:: taps @[10F] Captain Idol on shoulder ::
    Ahem. The OP? :#
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Sorry to be a pest about this, but I don't think SCI/CMD has been fixed:

8xpgjnd6ntck.png
    wjiub1clxheu.png
  • Options

8xpgjnd6ntck.png
    wjiub1clxheu.png

Odd that shouldn't be happening. Did you updated to 2.05? Can you share you sheet with me and I'll see what went wrong.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

8xpgjnd6ntck.png
    wjiub1clxheu.png

Odd that shouldn't be happening. Did you updated to 2.05? Can you share you sheet with me and I'll see what went wrong.

If the underlying calculations aren’t SEC/COM rather than SCI/COM, I’d be quite surprised - MJLP and T’Kuvma are quite close to one another for SEC/COM voyage scores without Picard’s tertiary SCI included in the figures.
  • Options
    Feature request - on the sheets for the shuttle/voyage pair/triplet data, could we get the current number of stars next to the max number of stars? That would let you more easily spot candidates for citations for the pair/triplet you want to improve.

Thanks for all your work on this, it has replaced nearly everything I've been doing so far for my own analysis - it's much appreciated!
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    As long as we are doing feature requests: How about a tab for the ships one has? Would be a nice addition! :smiley:

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Feature request - on the sheets for the shuttle/voyage pair/triplet data, could we get the current number of stars next to the max number of stars? That would let you more easily spot candidates for citations for the pair/triplet you want to improve.

Thanks for all your work on this, it has replaced nearly everything I've been doing so far for my own analysis - it's much appreciated!

Yes this has been asked for and it's doable I just have to put the time in to do it. I am in planning stages of a 3.0 overhaul of everything but at the moment I don't have a lot of time to do much on the sheet but when I do this is one of the first things I'll work on.
  • Options
    Cuttysark wrote: »
    As long as we are doing feature requests: How about a tab for the ships one has? Would be a nice addition! :smiley:

The datacore import doesn't currently have any ship data on it so that's not something I can add at this time. I can however add crew ship passive and active skills which is something I'm considering for next version.
  • Options

Yes this has been asked for and it's doable I just have to put the time in to do it. I am in planning stages of a 3.0 overhaul of everything but at the moment I don't have a lot of time to do much on the sheet but when I do this is one of the first things I'll work on.

Sounds great - thanks again!
  • Options

The datacore import doesn't currently have any ship data on it so that's not something I can add at this time. I can however add crew ship passive and active skills which is something I'm considering for next version.

So: even though ship data does show up on the DataCore player page the .csv file doesn't carry that info over to your spreadsheet? How strange. :( Bummer. The info on DataCore is not presented in a very user-friendly format ... at least for me.

7v82swcx23ft.jpg

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    So: even though ship data does show up on the DataCore player page the .csv file doesn't carry that info over to your spreadsheet? How strange. :( Bummer. The info on DataCore is not presented in a very user-friendly format ... at least for me.

How can the info be presented in a more user-friendly format? I'm genuinely looking for feedback (which I lack sorely on this project).

FWIW, CSV by design can only hold one table (one structure). I guess I could add an additional CSV export for ships, or alternatively export an Excel spreadsheet with multiple sheets (for crew, ships, items).
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    "How can the info be presented in a more user-friendly format? I'm genuinely looking for feedback (which I lack sorely on this project)."

@TemporalAgent7 Speaking only for myself, of course, I would like to be able to 'sort' to see only the ships I currently possess and then further sort from there (hull, shields, etc) ... the ships I don't possess have absolutely no relevance to me most of the time. If I can currently do that I haven't figured out how yet. LOL

Thanks for the other info in your reply. :smile:

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I should add:
    I am sure others use it to look at ships they might not have. Such as for analyzing the opponent during skirmishes, etc. But I find the Wiki already has a wonderful page listing all the ships with very pretty pictures and all the stats one could ever desire. ;-) (But it doesn't list MY ships and their levels, etc, so it's value is limited)

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    edited February 2020

How can the info be presented in a more user-friendly format? I'm genuinely looking for feedback (which I lack sorely on this project).

FWIW, CSV by design can only hold one table (one structure). I guess I could add an additional CSV export for ships, or alternatively export an Excel spreadsheet with multiple sheets (for crew, ships, items).

Not sure if what follows is useful for @Cuttysark ’s or your intended purposes as stated above, but I maintain a Google Sheet with all of the Max-Lv. ships’ data from the STT Wiki. All of the crews’ ship abilities are there as well in a separate tab:

Crew Ship Abilities spreadsheet

Bitly link: https://bit.ly/2QcMtUX

Full Google Drive link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vSZLIMkP_UnS9r3Yo3oweJNss2j9pSkUJ7tGZ-3Lpe0/htmlview#gid=830582438
    🖖
  • Options
    @~peregrine~
    Thanks for sharing your link :smile: A great Compendium which I will refer to in the future! But, unfortunately, it is not what I am looking for. :/

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    To new users, stop trying to request access to the sheet. Read the instructions on page one. That is all!
  • Options
    I've never used spreadsheets in any games before, but this is really awesome! I can actually focus on which crew to work on to get my voyages up to par instead of being all over the place.
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    moved this conversation over as it felt like it was taking over OP's subject from his personal spreadsheet, and now I'm focused just on feedback for your sheet
    @[10F] Captain Idol
    since you've done such a good job ranking skill combos for voyages etc, It seems like a potential natural extension to rank someone's crew for an event (including non-variants). I've found it quite helpful when people post crew rankings on the forum for top 20 SR variants for thawing, etc.

We have done an event calculation sheet for the BB but that is a very fluid list whereas the Datacore sheet is set upon what the player has. I try not to add too many external data points as this can get outdated very quickly. Events traits/variants changing as they do might give the player a false impression upon the worth of their crew or vice versa.
    Plus adding a calculation for working out event counts and bonuses would slow the sheet down immensely and I don't think that's worth it for one extra data point.

I think I may have been unclear. While I don't want to understate the programming challenge (because I have no clue how difficult it would be), I was more referring to storage of crew traits and variants in the crew stats. Then having a ranking worksheet to rank your crew for the CURRENT event (not all events) based on your personal crew (which you could import weekly if you wanted this function to work best).

Then have a dropdown selectable box for traits (such as "astrophysicist") and for crew variants (such as "Odo"), and event crew (such as "stranded odo"). Now the sheet could multiply variant and event crew stats appropriately then spit out top ranked 2-stat shuttle base stat combo total, in a format similar to below table:
    n0mun6yavymz.png

As I mentioned I have no clue of the programming complexity, I just wanted to be sure I was being clear in my suggested feature in case it was more plausible than something trying to rank crew's viability for ALL events. I know DB makes this trait storage challenging by changing crew traits or inventing new variant filters (such as main bridge crew TOS, etc).

Note: since your very useful tool has the person's own crew current state, it would be even more useful than the above screenshot example because it would incorporate crew you actually have available, and show where some non-event crew might be stronger than variants, etc.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    moved this conversation over as it felt like it was taking over OP's subject from his personal spreadsheet, and now I'm focused just on feedback for your sheet
    @[10F] Captain Idol
    since you've done such a good job ranking skill combos for voyages etc, It seems like a potential natural extension to rank someone's crew for an event (including non-variants). I've found it quite helpful when people post crew rankings on the forum for top 20 SR variants for thawing, etc.

We have done an event calculation sheet for the BB but that is a very fluid list whereas the Datacore sheet is set upon what the player has. I try not to add too many external data points as this can get outdated very quickly. Events traits/variants changing as they do might give the player a false impression upon the worth of their crew or vice versa.
    Plus adding a calculation for working out event counts and bonuses would slow the sheet down immensely and I don't think that's worth it for one extra data point.

I think I may have been unclear. While I don't want to understate the programming challenge (because I have no clue how difficult it would be), I was more referring to storage of crew traits and variants in the crew stats. Then having a ranking worksheet to rank your crew for the CURRENT event (not all events) based on your personal crew (which you could import weekly if you wanted this function to work best).

Then have a dropdown selectable box for traits (such as "astrophysicist") and for crew variants (such as "Odo"), and event crew (such as "stranded odo"). Now the sheet could multiply variant and event crew stats appropriately then spit out top ranked 2-stat shuttle base stat combo total, in a format similar to below table:
    n0mun6yavymz.png

As I mentioned I have no clue of the programming complexity, I just wanted to be sure I was being clear in my suggested feature in case it was more plausible than something trying to rank crew's viability for ALL events. I know DB makes this trait storage challenging by changing crew traits or inventing new variant filters (such as main bridge crew TOS, etc).

Note: since your very useful tool has the person's own crew current state, it would be even more useful than the above screenshot example because it would incorporate crew you actually have available, and show where some non-event crew might be stronger than variants, etc.

FWIW, my Excel spreadsheet has columns in the main data sheet for base crew name, series/movie name, and traits next to the base and proficiency stats. My Galaxy and Faction event lookup sheets have a box where I type in the base crew name (or series or trait) and then it populates a list of the crew I have that match the selection; I then copy and Paste Special - Values this list to another set of cells that take the crew name and return the event-modified base stats, with conditional formatting to highlight the top five two-skill combinations and top ten single-skill stats. I have all of my 3-5/5* crew permanently listed below the area where I paste the event and variant crew names that are included in the conditional formatting, in the relatively rare event that non-bonus crew end up being better than bonus crew.

For all of the fancy formulas I’ve used to make it work, this is still a brute force method - the conditional formatting only highlights the skills themselves and not the names of the crew that I should thaw out, there is that manual copy/paste operation to go from the name lookup to the stats lookup, and my name lookup doesn’t take kindly to partial or misspelled names/traits. All that being said, I would be happy to share notes (assuming Google Sheets has the same or similar functions).
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    To new users, stop trying to request access to the sheet. Read the instructions on page one. That is all!

Are you sure we can't have a little access? ;)

Just loaded my .csv file, helps if you read the instructions first. Now I'm overwhelmed with data