Home Ready Room
Options

Captain Idol's Datacore Analysis Sheet (CIDAS V6.0) (Continuum Best/Trait Finder)

Comments

• Options
    f8ep7rhdttj4.jpeg

Lol.
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    f8ep7rhdttj4.jpeg

Lol.

See you in 2075! We might get a The Next Next Next Generation mega by then!
  • Options
    Fixed a few bits, icons for crew not in collection should show correctly now and I've added a few more crew to existing collections. Namely Klingon Janeway to Killing Game, Admiral Riker to the Admiralty and a few extra Odo's who are not ready for Jelly!
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Fixed a few bits, icons for crew not in collection should show correctly now and I've added a few more crew to existing collections. Namely Klingon Janeway to Killing Game, Admiral Riker to the Admiralty and a few extra Odo's who are not ready for Jelly!

Just a couple of questions:
    1. Is there a way to update the old sheet with the new within the old sheet? I am just plain lazy and don't want to reset permissions and correct links to my copy of the sheet every time you put out some new stuff. ;)
    2. On the "input sheet" I see that there is a column for Portal availability yet that info doesn't seem to show anywhere in the other sheets (that I can find anyways). Is there a way that data can be added to the 'crew' lists? Probably not ... but it would be cool if it could be. :)
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    1. Yes either just do the reimport steps again on the Import section or go onto your import data and tweak the values manually
    2. Yes this is possible, I'll pencil it in for a future update.
  • Options
    RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    I can't seem to get the export crew spreadsheet to work. I click put nothing happens. Please help
    Star Truckerz
    It's only my opinion but....

• Options
    RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    I keep trying but can’t seem to creat the cab file
    Star Truckerz

• Options
    RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    Csv file sorry
    Star Truckerz

• Options
    Hard to say what's going on without seeing any screenshots. Is this after you've imported the text from the datacore?
  • Options
    RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    Hi thanks for the reply..
    Yes I Transfer the text copy and paste and that works brings up data of my crew.
    The probem is the CSV file button I click it and no file appears for down load
    Star Truckerz

• Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Roxton wrote: »
    Hi thanks for the reply..
    Yes I Transfer the text copy and paste and that works brings up data of my crew.
    The probem is the CSV file button I click it and no file appears for down load

The DataCore page and download link seem to work just fine for me on Windows 10 and using Chrome (and of course in Google Drive later)
    You need to include more information that might help Captain Idol ...

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    Hi
    Ok I am going to have another play with my settings. See if it’s something I missed.
    Star Truckerz

• Options
    RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    Ok. Seems I have a grip on this now.
    I was using MSedge.
    So tied it with chrome and guess what it works.
    Thank you all and sorry for wasting your time
    Huggs to all.
    Star Truckerz

• Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I was using MSedge.
    Huggs to all.

glad you got it figured out! :) Dang M$! lol

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    MS Edge. The most popular web browser to download a good web browser...
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    I was using MSedge.
    Huggs to all.

No waste! Always here to help and glad you got it sorted out.
  • Options
    RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    Again thanks to all
    Star Truckerz

• Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    The bonus boost for B-4's Max Bonus Amount should read +7, not +1, at least as far as I can tell. Can someone confirm this? I posted in Engineering about the bias problem, under the title: "Bias Ship question." The wiki was wrong, is now corrected, but these sheets are wrong.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    The bonus boost for B-4's Max Bonus Amount should read +7, not +1, at least as far as I can tell. Can someone confirm this? I posted in Engineering about the bias problem, under the title: "Bias Ship question." The wiki was wrong, is now corrected, but these sheets are wrong.

Probably worth talking to TemporalAgent7 as those stats are pulled from the Wiki I think or from the API. Either way this shoot only uses the Datacore resources so if that changes, so will the sheet.
  • Options
    I've been going through the Wiki card by card. I'm on day 3 of this project of comparing each card's Wiki Ship information vs. Captain's Idol's Sheet download. So far I'd estimate 10-15% of the information downloaded from Captain Idol is incorrect, in some fashion, about the Ship Battle Statistics. Either it's got the wrong Trigger listed, or the Bonus numbers are wrong, or something. Some of you are saying in previous comments that the Captain Idol info is pulled from the Wiki, well obviously that can't be correct. Between the two, something is amiss. This isn't a criticism, just an observation by someone going over the information piece by piece. There's too many errors or inconsistencies for me to list.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s pulled from datacore?
  • Options
    I've been going through the Wiki card by card. I'm on day 3 of this project of comparing each card's Wiki Ship information vs. Captain's Idol's Sheet download. So far I'd estimate 10-15% of the information downloaded from Captain Idol is incorrect, in some fashion, about the Ship Battle Statistics. Either it's got the wrong Trigger listed, or the Bonus numbers are wrong, or something. Some of you are saying in previous comments that the Captain Idol info is pulled from the Wiki, well obviously that can't be correct. Between the two, something is amiss. This isn't a criticism, just an observation by someone going over the information piece by piece. There's too many errors or inconsistencies for me to list.

Can you look over a few that you own and compare the stats you see in the game with what you see in the wiki and what you get on DataCore?
  • Options

Can you look over a few that you own and compare the stats you see in the game with what you see in the wiki and what you get on DataCore?

The Wiki is more right than the DataCore. The Wiki contains a few errors here and there, like saying a card has a trigger when it doesn't, or vice-versa, but compared to the 15% of errors or so the DataCore contains, it's nothing. Where it seems to be off the most is popular characters/characters who have many variations. The Datacore will say such and such card has a Cloaking Trigger, but that card doesn't, but another card from the same character will have that Trigger, but it's not listed on the Datacore. I'm wondering, with multiple variation characters, if whenever the data is being transferred to the Datacore, it's not lining up with the right cards - the right character, but not the right card. That happened a lot. I noticed that another issue with the DataCore download is the "short names" not always matching up correctly with the right card - again, a variation within a character issue. For instance, Away Team Number One, if I'm recalling this correctly, came up as a "Riker" variant. I had to fix it - that one I remember.
  • Options

The Wiki is more right than the DataCore. The Wiki contains a few errors here and there, like saying a card has a trigger when it doesn't, or vice-versa, but compared to the 15% of errors or so the DataCore contains, it's nothing. Where it seems to be off the most is popular characters/characters who have many variations. The Datacore will say such and such card has a Cloaking Trigger, but that card doesn't, but another card from the same character will have that Trigger, but it's not listed on the Datacore. I'm wondering, with multiple variation characters, if whenever the data is being transferred to the Datacore, it's not lining up with the right cards - the right character, but not the right card. That happened a lot. I noticed that another issue with the DataCore download is the "short names" not always matching up correctly with the right card - again, a variation within a character issue. For instance, Away Team Number One, if I'm recalling this correctly, came up as a "Riker" variant. I had to fix it. That also happene
  • Options

Can you look over a few that you own and compare the stats you see in the game with what you see in the wiki and what you get on DataCore?[/quote]

The Wiki is more right than the DataCore. The Wiki contains a few errors here and there, like saying a card has a trigger when it doesn't, or vice-versa, but compared to the 15% of errors or so the DataCore contains, it's nothing. Where it seems to be off the most is popular characters/characters who have many variations. The Datacore will say such and such card has a Cloaking Trigger, but that card doesn't, but another card from the same character will have that Trigger, but it's not listed on the Datacore. I'm wondering, with multiple variation characters, if whenever the data is being transferred to the Datacore, it's not lining up with the right cards - the right character, but not the right card. That happened a lot. I noticed that another issue with the DataCore download is the "short names" not always matching up correctly with the right card - again, a variation within a character issue. For instance, Away Team Number One, if I'm recalling this correctly, came up as a "Riker" variant. I had to fix it - that one I remember.
  • Options

Cool, can you give us some concrete examples though? I'd love to look into it, either correct DataCore or submit fixes to the Wiki as needed.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    edited, see below
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TemporalAgent7 Please check your mailbox too, I sent you a message regarding crew variants some time ago. Thanks!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Cool, can you give us some concrete examples though? I'd love to look into it, either correct DataCore or submit fixes to the Wiki as needed.

@Darth Skippy , I would also be interested in submitting such edits to the Wiki, as that website was the original source for the Crew & Ship Abilities spreadsheet that I created & now update based on official TP (Shan’s) posts in Starfleet Communications. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Guys, not sure how I can provide that info. I completed the work earlier in the week and didn't record all the changes I had to make. I'm sorry. I was just focused on getting the info right on my spreadsheet. It took many, many hours work. As I said above, the main discrepancies are for characters with multiple versions, and the triggers. It didn't occur to me to post about it here until I was already 75% through the work.