Home Engineering Room
Options

Sign In Error - 11/21 - Update 11/23 4:25pm ET

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in Engineering Room
Hi everyone,

We are still working on this issue.
It is more difficult than we previously thought, we hope to have a solution tonight still, but that might not happen.

In the meantime for players having registered their account with either an email address/password or via a FB profile there is a workaround that will be explained below.

If you are unsure of your credentials or do not remember having registered your account, do not attempt this workaround.

Workaround:

- close the Sign In Error pop up with the X found in the top right corner
- you should then see the account management screen
- from there you should be able to sign in with the credentials associated with your game account. (email/password or FB login).

For mobile players: if after signing in with Fb you find yourself still unable to load the game and see yourself as logged in with FB, please remove the app and install it again.
Then launch the game and as soon as the Menu icon appears, click on it and then on Settings.
From there you will be able to access the Account Management page, click on Already have an account? and then sign in with your credentials.

Myself and the team are well aware of how frustrating this situation is for the players affected. Please accept our apologies.

I will continue to update you as I learn more.

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update:

While progress has been made we won't be able to resolve this tonight.
    We deeply regret this situation.

Don't expect another update before tomorrow.
    It is very likely that a new client will be required to fix this for everyone affected.

Thank you for your patience.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Just now i had the issue as well(iOS), while until 10hs ago, all worked fine.
    So it‘s totally random?

Clicked the „X“ and entered my log in data worked as suggested. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    For me this unfortunately did not work and I am unable to log in for the event now 😭

iPad Pro, wifi, latest iOS update and game update here.

Game station is greeting me when I try to log in but then it cuts off log in without any further information.

Managed to log in after uninstalling / reinstalling the game and then follow the work-around given above.
  • Options
    iOS / iPad here. Had this issue show up this morning but workaround (using DB login) worked for me. I wish others luck on this.
  • Options
    The "workaround" did not work for me. It started me over at level 1. I don't know what to do at this point.
  • Options
    After three hours I tried the other smartphone and it works there ... is this because I have different app version there?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t get in with my iPhone either and I’m paranoid to do the workaround for fear of what happened to the guest above. Guess I’ll just wait it out
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I can’t get in with my iPhone either and I’m paranoid to do the workaround for fear of what happened to the guest above. Guess I’ll just wait it out

If you have ur correct log in data(email+PW) nothing can happen. Even when u enter ur incorrect email or PW, you only get back to the pop up and can try again, if u click the „X“. That‘s what happened to me, when i entered a wrong PW(you don t get a note saying its wrong, it just goes back to the pop up).
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "workaround" did not work for me. It started me over at level 1. I don't know what to do at this point.

I am sorry the workaround didn't work for you.
    Please submit a ticket to support and they will help you. With details about your account there will be able to locate it and either give you a hint on what the actual credentials are or add an email address to your account.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a plan of action for this morning, stay tuned.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have ur correct log in data(email+PW) nothing can happen. Even when u enter ur incorrect email or PW, you only get back to the pop up and can try again, if u click the „X“. That‘s what happened to me, when i entered a wrong PW(you don t get a note saying its wrong, it just goes back to the pop up).

Copy. Thanks for the tip. I’ll give it a shot
  • Options

WOW! I hope DB can fix that for you. I'm definitely NOT going to try that and just wait around until it's fixed. I have a Voyage and some Shuttles with item boosts out that I hope aren't affected. This is slowing down Campaign and Event progress.
  • Options
    Just saw this:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15010/sign-in-issues-plan-of-action#latest

@Shan What about amazon Fire devices(which uses a different Android Version and still havn t seen 7.3.), will be a new update needed and rolled out today as well? Don t wanna find myself locked out?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saw this:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15010/sign-in-issues-plan-of-action#latest

@Shan What about amazon Fire devices(which uses a different Android Version and still havn t seen 7.3.), will be a new update needed and rolled out today as well? Don t wanna find myself locked out?

This is a different process but we hope it will get done today as well.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Shan wrote: »
    Just saw this:

Okay, so i can safely assume, there won t be a forced upgrade needed until the the new version is live in amazon app store, right?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saw this:

Okay, so i can safely assume, there won t be a forced upgrade needed until the the new version is live in amazon app store, right?

I cannot guarantee that unfortunately, I am still waiting to know more.
  • Options
    The workaround doesn’t work. After I entered my FB credentials, it got stuck when it went back to the game. After closing and reopening the game, using the X now says I’m logged in as me, but it still can’t sign in.

9mxqmoq7weu8.jpeg
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The workaround doesn’t work. After I entered my FB credentials, it got stuck when it went back to the game. After closing and reopening the game, using the X now says I’m logged in as me, but it still can’t sign in.

9mxqmoq7weu8.jpeg

You will need to update to the newest version of the game, v7.3.1, as soon as it becomes available to you.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

9mxqmoq7weu8.jpeg

You will need to update to the newest version of the game, v7.3.1, as soon as it becomes available to you.

No ETA on that? I’m freakin out over here!!! I’m all
    messed up inside like when Beavis and Butthead had no TV
  • Options
    Well, there goes this event then....
  • Options
    Any news? I can’t log in and I’m afraid to try. When I boot up the game, I see the “welcome back” with my name, then I get the login error.
  • Options
    I think to remember that Apple needs up to 24hs until a new Update is approved?

Hope thats not the case though, otherwise Apple users might get locked out, once the forced upgrade hits(wich was announced it will today), as well.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is indeed a delay for the iOS version of game, this will be taken into account for the force upgrade of course.

As for the Google Play version, it can take up to several hours for it to propagate to every stores every where.

For the specific Samsung, Amazon and Huawei version we are working on it as well, for those version there is a risk that the force upgrade will happen before the new version is available. There is unfortunately no way for us to prevent this.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

9mxqmoq7weu8.jpeg

As I said above for iOS there is a delay, however from what I can tell your account is associated with an email address and a password. You could try to remove the app and install it again if you want. You know how to proceed to sign in into an existing account?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

9mxqmoq7weu8.jpeg

As I said above for iOS there is a delay, however from what I can tell your account is associated with an email address and a password. You could try to remove the app and install it again if you want. You know how to proceed to sign in into an existing account?

I did see your workaround but honestly I’m too paranoid to use it. I don’t want anything else weird happening. I’ll just wait it out

• Options
    Same Problem

I use FB to login normally - but I 's not working at all!!

Event is hosed! Hosed!!

got an almost fully equipped Kamala too, who I Can't Use!

Better be some freebie Voyage resets and hundreds of chronies after this...!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same Problem

Event is hosed! Hosed!!

Chrons? No thanks
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same Problem

Event is hosed! Hosed!!

What platform are you playing on?
    There is a Voyage Revival token waiting for you in your in-game mailbox.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Same Problem

Event is hosed! Hosed!!

Yeah, I'm saving that one so not forced to use it right away. I mean MORE

iPhone 7+
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same Problem

Event is hosed! Hosed!!

Yeah, I'm saving that one so not forced to use it right away. I mean MORE

iPhone 7+

As I said we will discuss the compensation next week.
    The new version of the game for iOS is currently delayed I am sorry. I hoping it will become available soon.