Home Fleet Central

galactic phoenicians, Starbase=133, casual

~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2022 in Fleet Central
:: taps microphone :: Is this thing on?

Oh, um, hello! Please “pardon our progress” as we try to get this page up & running. Our Admiral, Mr Lee Spock, would be here to greet you himself, but he locked his keys in a runabout & has been stuck down on Risa for two weeks. Poor Admiral, am I right? (EDIT: It took a month, DB being what it is, but ADM L Spock is back home now.)

Anyway, we are a young fleet looking for new members. Do your best & have fun, and we will all get better together. As soon as the Admiral gets back & unlocks the front door, please feel free to join us!

Oh, and I should mention that we use Lifeboy soap for its piquant aftertaste, so no vulgarity, please & thank you. 😝

OAO=Galactic Phoenicians 🖖🏻
"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust

Comments

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    ig67f2yxv2x4.png

ntix5trdn5ca.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • (OAO) ADM Mr Lee Spock (SM) here I am still looking for them keys. Thank you peregrine.
    (OAO) ADM Mr Lee Spock (SM) here I am still looking for them keys. Thank you peregrine.

:: salutes smartly :: You’re welcome, sir.
  • Dix reporting in. I'll bookmark this site in case I need it.
    Roger that, Dix.
  • Hope to see you back soon, Admiral.
  • Indeed! hope to see you soon!
  • Love the pic of you and your cat he's lovely. I hope to be back soon, 8-)
    edited January 2018

❌⭕️’s Log, Stardate ... um, where’s that sidereal calendar? I had it right here....

Hello again. For those of you who stopped by to check out our Fleet page: Thank you for your interest in Galactic Phoenicians! We hope to welcome new members soon, but there is a not-insignificant glitch in our plans....

Our Admiral, (OAO) ADM Mr Lee Spock (SM), is currently experiencing technical difficulties with his main account and is unable to change our Fleet enrollment status. As shown in the following screenshots, it has been over three (3) weeks now since he was able to log in:

vq83l8q4mtyc.png

vskng4wicbs3.png

nzdartlw9eje.png

I will not comment on his ongoing & lengthy dialogue with Customer Support (Zendesk), because I do not want to get in trouble with @Shan and the other, lesser powers-that-be at DBHQ. Suffice it to say that we hope the Admiral’s login/account situation is resolved soon. Very 🔜 . Today would work nicely! 😬

Finally, here’s a quote to consider:

“Success is the ability to go
    from one failure to another
    with no loss of enthusiasm.”
    — Winston Churchill

Live long and prosper, y’all! 🖖🏻
    edited January 2018
    From the Compensation thread, trending on The Bridge:
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I was expecting DIL this time, like the previous login issue. If I had a voyage that I lost because I couldn't log in for 4 hours I would certainly expect the ability to revive it and not just 1k chronitons. As it is I lost 2 rounds of gauntlet and whatever prizes I would have gotten from that.

The game was not down for 4 hours. And if your hypothetical situation was true you would put in a ticket and CS would give your Voyages rewards. I know because I have done it.

One of our top captains still hasn't gotten back in. He can't play the event and the squad is out a shared crew. :/ (emphasis added by ~peregrine~)

* Dil would be nice compensation, it feels a bit more sincere. Especially given the frequency of errors.
    Beyond that, honour, chrons, credits and merits are some of the more suitable compensations since they can be used by everyone (even if some choose to keep these things stashed).

There’s also this thread:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/3019/what-is-going-on-with-the-change-account-button#latest

You are not alone, Admiral! 🖖🏻
    edited January 2018
    I would also like to thank a captain from another fleet (and a top one, at that) who PM’d me about direct invites vis-a-vis restricted enrollment. Since said captain chose to PM me, rather than post the info on this thread, I will respect her/his privacy and not mention any names.

I/we appreciate the assistance, _ _ _ ! 🖖🏻
    edited January 2018
    Incoming transmission for Shadow Admiral Mr Lee Spock....

There is a thread in the Engineering Room forum you might want to read & chime in on, re: your situation:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2900/not-able-to-log-in-since-11th-january#latest

LLAP 🖖🏻
    OAO = Galactic Phoenicians
    edited January 2018
    Greetings and salutations, fellow Captains! Thanks to the Captain-who-shall-not-be-named, we have welcomed two (2) some new members into Galactic Phoenicians here at Starbase OAO (level 30). We still have plenty of seats to fill, though, and our minimum requirements are, um, minimal:

• Captain Level >= 30, subject to change depending on the Admiralty situation (see above)
    • Event Rank >= 0, self-explanatory, one would hope
    • Distinctive Player Name, so we don't wind up with 21 ubiquitous members named "Captain" and confuse ourselves further than we already are.

If you are interested in joining our happy band of interstellar explorers, please leave a message with your in-game player name. One of our Occifers will get in touch with you via the Fleet UI (direct invite) or an in-game PM, as soon as she/he recovers from the H1N4Z9 "Tequila" virus that's been going around here of late since Convergence Day. We suspect Mariachi Q is to blame, because, let’s face it, we’re talking about Q.

Thanks for making time to read this! Live long and prosper, y'all. 🖖🏻

~peregrine~, Fleet XO

P.S.: If your player name is, in fact, the ubiquitous "Captain", then you would be referred to as "ubi". Don’t be an ubi!

P.P.S.: It would be really great, @Shan , if one of your minions at DBHQ would manually change our Fleet Enrollment Status from "Restricted" to "Open", since our own Admiral cannot log in to do so. Just sayin', and thank you for supporting all of us who play this wonderful, maddening game! LLAP

• Awesome work XO PEREGRINE, (SALUTES) (OAO) SA MR LEE SPOCK (DC2) \/\°LLAP OAO.
  • Glad you all are back up and running. Even if it through a workaround.
    edited January 2018
    Glad you all are back up and running. Even if it through a workaround.

Ladies and gentlemen, let’s give a warm round of applause to @CFOHSilverknight from Colonial Fleet Ohio (1 and/or 2?), who was nice enough to help us out a few days ago. Thanks again, no-longer-unnamed-Captain-of-top-Fleet! 🖖🏻

Current openings: 18
    edited February 2018
    You! Stop right there....
    (deactivates the thingy)

Benevolence be upon you, fair reader. Our Fleet needs Members, and you probably will make us better! We appreciate your consideration.

LLAP 🖖🏻

Current openings: 18
  • I hope and pray that Lee gets well soon.

Peregrine, if there is any way to PM the admiral's email address to me, please do so at your earliest convenience.
    edited February 2018
    Yes, folks, as you can see, our Admiral, Mr Lee Spock, is "under the weather" in real life. If the H1N4Z9 "Tequila" virus has made the jump from Risa in cyberspace to Sol III in meatspace, all of us in STT-land are in for a world of hurting. All joking aside, though, we are keeping him in our thoughts and/or prayers.

In the meantime, y'all are stuck with me again, the Fleet XO hot on the recruiting trail. We still have plenty of openings for players to join, and our enrollment status is now OPEN! So look for us on your Fleet UI, and keep in mind that we like to keep the requirements simple:

• Captain Level >= 20, fluctuates depending on Fleet members' average level;
    • Event Rank > 0, because who likes barnacles on a nukelyer-powered space wessel; and
    • Unique Name, so we don't wind up with umpteen ubiquitous members named "Captain".

That's it, really. We want to help each other get better, trade tips & talk food in our nice, clean chat room, do our best in Events daily play, complete our Fleet Daily Targets to pay off our Honor "debts", build our Starbase rooms to infinity & beyond, and just generally have fun together.

And we want you to join us! So give us a holla, bring a recipe for cholla and tell DB to ... nope, can't do it, the wise & fair @Shan or one of her little people might be monitoring us for hints about our Double-Super-Secret baklava recipe. As the watch commander said, "Let's be careful out there."

LLAP \/\°

Current Openings: 15, unless you are named "Captain". Don't be an ubi!
  • (OAO) ADM Mr Lee Spock (SM) Thanks to all of you for Wishing me well (very much appreciated).(salutes all of fleet). We are open for receiving cadets straight from star fleet training. So come on in and sit down and kick your shoes off and stay awhile. Ten forward is open. \/\°
  • Has anyone noticed that there are no D7 klingon ship schematics in the prime rewards, lots of warbird, and voyager, enterprise but no D7 at all. They should be spread evenly but are not, (I have been trying to level up my own D7 for the last three months) with not one schematic to be had. LLAP
    Has anyone noticed that there are no D7 klingon ship schematics in the prime rewards, lots of warbird, and voyager, enterprise but no D7 at all. They should be spread evenly but are not, (I have been trying to level up my own D7 for the last three months) with not one schematic to be had. LLAP

Maybe those schematics are part of the rotation that DB introduced in December 2017 and will hopefully make an appearance soon.

Of the 37 nukelyer-powered space wessels, I have 17 max-level and 14 in drydock under construction. The remaining 6 wessels are not in the loot table yet, I believe. 🖖🏻
  • RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    Can I join ??
    Star Truckerz
    It's only my opinion but....

• RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    I'm looking for a more active squad.
    My current squad is as quiet as a grave.
    Star Truckerz

• RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    My in game name is Roxton
    Star Truckerz

Roxton, I will look for you in-game. 🖖🏻
  • RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    ThAnks for the invite. I'm on my way over
    Star Truckerz

Welcome aboard to all of our new Members, including Roxton ⬆️ !

LLAP 🖖🏻

Current Openings: 9, unless you are named "Captain". Don't be an ubi!
    edited February 2018
    Do you like your squadmates but not your fleet? Are you up for the challenge of the Holoemitter Wall of Agony? And, most importantly, “WHAT ... is your favorite color?”

“Blue, no, green ... AAAAGGGHH!”

Hello again, y’all! Sorry if I misquoted Monty Python, but I’m too lazy to look it up on the thingy. We here in the Galactic Phoenicians are gradually improving our Starbase (37) & weekly rankings (399), and we still have seats available. Here’s my generic recruiting pitch:

“I invite you to join Galactic Phoenicians. Help us build a young Fleet from the ground up to the stars. OÅO”

I know, corny, right? But it also happens to be the truth about what we’re trying to do. As our Admiral mentioned, we will consider everyone from cadets to admirals, and if you want to bring your current squadmates with you, that’s cool, too.

I encourage you to learn more! Feel free to respond here or in-game if interested, and one of us Occifers will get in touch with you directly.

LLAP 🖖🏻
    {óÅò} XØ ~peregrine~

Current Openings: 7, unless you are named "Captain". Don't be an ubi!
    edited February 2018
    Quick update: We still need Members & a new Squadron Leader (Officer). Look for us on the Fleet UI while you contemplate the new Collections!

LLAP 🖖🏻
    {óÅò} XØ ~peregrine~

Current Openings: 6, unless you are named "Captain". Don't be ubiquitous!