Home The Holodeck

Wish you were here

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
I like seeing new places. If you go somewhere and get an interesting photo no one has seen, post it.

I went to Picacho Peak State Park in Arizona yesterday. We had a good time until one of my group fell and split his head open. (He's fine. Doctors are very good at what they do. A number of stitches and a wrist brace and lots of cleaned up blood.)

Here are some nice pictures.
v2ewf3ubmk43.jpg
qejjei2am3is.jpg
8d3rdn27ao8p.jpg

Comments

• A lot of people only think of sand desert when you mention Arizona, but our state actually holds lots of beauty not to mention the Grand Canyon, one of the 7 natural wonders of the world. We also have fall colors.
    Nice shots, you must like photography. So do I!😎
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up near Superior and Globe today. Nice views until the thunderstorm hit.
    2zji06ms2rcw.jpg
    x196w0zpxqve.jpg
    Love the second one.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the second one.

Thats the forest behind my house where I walk my dog. If you walk a couple of miles through it, and then up a wee hill, you will be able to take the first picture I posted. On a clear day I can see England from that hill. Almost caught it here, but wasn't sunny enough

xbot88dt353c.jpg

Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
    Behind your house reminds me of the Olympic peninsula in Washington State. I loved it there, except for the ridiculous taxes and cost of living that chased me to Arizona. Of course, it is also beautiful here in a different way and no constant cold drizzle.

lcqfizhzfv20.jpg
  • I live in Scotland, which is the top third of the UK

dv15bay4f94q.jpg

xx21eqokk349.jpg

This wasn't taken by me, but it is a few miles from where I live and its so pretty 😍

skgmc5y1kkxd.jpg

Ring Ring.. AAA, yes book me a flight here. Awesome
  • [QH] Captain Ziggy[QH] Captain Ziggy ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Those Scottish photos are gorgeous - I loved the landscape there when I went on holiday ❤

Some shots of my own beautiful country:

kdssfxhgivaw.png
    9u63n5zsowcb.png
    cn5785yrtyez.png
    958cw4rhgpf0.png
    r5qjzh6sa0ht.png
    b3unoqcdu10a.png
    xqrkud70anu1.png
    7sszn2a2vbx5.png
    x5c6bbfxo4bb.png
    jpaf0cnkp9if.png
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
    Very nice. I like the second to last one best with the trees. Beautiful.
  • Great photos, thanks for sharing!
  • Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    "We're just two lost souls swimming in a fishbowl, year after year. Running over the same old ground - what have we found? The same old fears. Wish you were here."

Sorry, saw that title and it just popped in my head.

Nice pics. Arizona is pretty. I remember visiting the Petrified Forest, Meteor Crater, Grand Canyon, and Four Corners, when I was 10. And for some reason, Flagstaff is still a vivid memory 38 years later...go figure, lol.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
    Flagstaff is pretty. I'll drive through there tomorrow. I'll take a picture.
    Remember arb1z724gc4o.jpg
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    q4pzdm2196tm.jpg
    nsze4fd1u6k8.jpg
    7u0oucfofh7v.jpg
    Just some photos from the bushland near my house. And the Cleveland lighthouse as well.
    Waiting for the electric light parade to start. An hour early and the streets are lined for a mile in each direction.
    1sugdsaa84gt.jpg
    Nice parade with 84 floats/groups. The bands are all done up with lights all over their uniforms and instruments. Lots of good stuff, but I can't get good moving dark shots with this phone (or with my knowledge of it).
    2i51l5mgcdeu.jpg
    qnntg8y7fcq6.jpg
  • "A Walk in the Park"
    Manhattan, New York City viewed from Gantry Plaza State Park in Long Island City

ymf2bizng65q.jpg
    Fleet: The United Federation of Pragmatists

Our mission: Active game play, without taking things too seriously. The only requirements are 1) Be Nice, and 2) Play regularly. ZERO chatting/social requirements - we’re mainly in it for the Squad, Fleet and Starbase Rewards.

We have a few openings left for like-minded Captains!
    edited December 2018
    My daughter's Star Wars birthday party. I included a LEGO Han Solo in the Han Solo in Jello (carbonite).
    idutye75qarb.jpg

Edit:
    Sarlac cake
    a1fmiplehc4t.jpg
    In Fort Worth right now. I got a good picture of unprocessed hamburgers.
    1pma5og4wa9n.jpg
    Today I gather to see goats being born. It was quite the amazing sight. Fitting for Easter. I have previously seen the birth of my three children, but the conditions were a bit more sanitary.
    It took less than 15 minutes before the mother goat had those kids cleaned up and walking. Amazing.
    If you are inclined to be squimish, look away.
    z0a1hrh2h5vg.jpg
    qx6mgsj0v1pj.jpg
    ie9rgtprdq1u.jpg
  • Old post - new picture.iorj2n8z7inj.jpeg
    Estes Park, Colorado

fbh3sjpp9ai6.jpeg
    Sunrise - Chestnuthill, Pennsylvania
    "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
  • This is where I live: North Cascades in NW Washington State:

jy14xgs15s0i.jpg

dx3i5ieh1c6q.jpg

ahm36sbzynax.jpg

Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
    @Cuttysark
    I used to live in Washington State. Loved it. However, the powers that be created so many exorbitant taxes for projects that would never benefit me that I couldn't afford to live there. Arizona is also very nice and I can afford to live here. Plus I don't miss the constant cold drizzle. I do love those pictures. Absolutely beautiful.
  • thanks. it is expensive and wet isn't it? LOL

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • @DavideBooks
    If you like photos here is a link to some of mine:
    https://500px.com/orioncreativeworks
    Photography is my thing now that I'm retired. (yeah, that's me with the 'mountain man' beard lol)

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
    Guess where this is.
    7zp9vgpc5b07.jpg
  • Arizona or utah?
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll guess New Mexico.
    Arizona or utah?
    I’ll guess New Mexico.

Sedona, Arizona. Apparently a city ordinance about sign colors denied the golden arches, so they made them turquoise.
    u0shgir37rpm.jpg
    7eof1drn3yxl.jpg
    5gqqv7dh46bq.jpg
    Arizona State Parks are still open. Spent a few days in Cottonwood, Az and nearby areas. This is a great state.