Home Ready Room

Four star citation advice!

Burnham, MichelleBurnham, Michelle ✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in Ready Room
I'll be getting another super rare citation soon, and have 3 super rare crew with 3*s. I think I know who I'm going to chuck it on, but I'd like to hear other people's advice and ideas on who they would fully fuse first.

Blood Oath Jadzia Dax. Featured in the previous event, she's at level 100 with two more items to equip. In my crew, she's a powerhouse of security, being the third strongest security crew member I have.

Secondly I have the new Sarek. He's my fourth strongest Diplomat at level 90, and I already have a fully fused Ambassador Sarek at level 100. My diplomacy crew is my strongest and also most extensive and I need to immortalize some to make space.

Finally I have Proton Paris. He's the weakest of the lot, he's been in a recent event rerun, he's got some useful traits and he is Tom Paris - he's my only - Tom Paris - and despite having him from very early on I've never been inclined to level him up. His stats don't seem very good. I also have quite a lot of command crew and need to immortalize some of them to make space.

What do you think? Is it worth focusing on really strong important crew first or getting some of the weaker, but potentially useful crew immortalized and in the cryo chamber in case they become useful later and to make space for new crew?

Comments

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only comment is that Sarek will probably not be available in regular packs for quite a while, so if you just want to put him to bed and be done with him, at least you won't have to wait months for him to drop from a pack or a Voyage.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • That's a good point, actually. There would be a lot of teeth grinding should I add a star to Proton Paris only to have him drop in a voyage the next day. Would it be worth the dental work I wonder? ;)
  • I would agree with Sarek. Proton is waaay too tough to level to be so bad.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Sarek is good too. I accidentally created his robes as a by-product of leveling up two different crew and he's now in third place for diplomacy. I might finish him off, honor is coming more quickly nowadays and I'd rather work on other crew than slog through getting Paris up to speed just to empty a slot. There has to be someone easier I can level quickly to do that! Thanks guys, I think I'll follow your advice and do what I wasn't going to do instead.
  • I’d suggest Sarek right off the bat, but I you’re looking for a non-Diplomacy option I’d choose BO Jadzia. Her skills are somewhat moderate but she ends up with 3 halfway decent gauntlet scores, plus she’ll give you some pretty good Security.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d suggest Sarek right off the bat, but I you’re looking for a non-Diplomacy option I’d choose BO Jadzia. Her skills are somewhat moderate but she ends up with 3 halfway decent gauntlet scores, plus she’ll give you some pretty good Security.

BO Dax is probably not worth it, her skills are meh, and art terrible. Personally I would save for a 5* citation or Behold, as in the long run SRs are easily picked up from packs. I have actually air-locked 8 BO Dax's from packs recently as I already have her FFFE.

DB: Do Better
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly...none of those jump out at me as "must haves" as 4/4s. I'd recommend you hold onto it until you get another 3/4 (or save up for a 5* citation).
  • Same here; I'm saving for 5* citations, even though I have plenty of 2/4* and 3/4* crew. "Upstarring" 5* crew will grant me more honour and other stuff (especially in voyages and shuttles) compared to upgrading those 4*, even the better ones.