Home Engineering Room

Guess another 'Killy offer is wrong' thread is needed

YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in Engineering Room
See the other thread that's marked "answered" even though it isn't for all the proof that the current offer is the wrong price and should be a 10 dollar offer.
This is a bad, bad, BAD look for you DB after all of the recent blunders... time to make it right with the many upset customers

Comments

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, it's bad, but it's not Yar-gate bad. I'd say it's only "wrong, there are 5 lights" bad.
    Farewell 🖖
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    Summarized: either the price is wrong, because some previous legendaries were ~10 euro/ dollar offers
    or the VIP is wrong, 500VIP goes with 10 euro/ dollar instead of 25.

It is the opinion of many forum members that 25 euro/ dollar is overpriced, even with the added Chronitons and credits.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, we got an hour before they all go home.....
  • I think that the price is no mistake but intended. That is DB's way of dealing with Polywatergate and the desire of many players to acquire a "killer arena crew". (a) Cash in on Polywater Yar. (b) Nerf Polywater Yar and keep the money. (c) Offer people another "killer arena crew" and hope they are saf and spend more money.

This girl will not spend any more money on this game until there is a fair resolution to Polywatergate.

DB:DB.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that they haven't come in here and tried to justify the price and say that the offer is correct is enough to let us know it's wrong, they made a mistake and they are scrambling trying to figure out what to do.

If the offer was correct, they would have come on immediately and said so.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Shan was here, this would’ve been sorted out already.

If DB updates the VIP points offered or the price, I can consider this offer. It’s hard to justify buying an offer that I know is broken when it isn’t broken in my favor.

Ultimately I hope that if DB doesn’t answer that most don’t buy and perhaps DB will learn that 12 hour offer timers are a bad idea.
  • @ Althea Biermont: why should DB tell us that the price is correct? That will fuel discussions about their pricing (2.5 times higher than usual) but won't attract any new buyer.

For me, DBs silence and the offer still being up without any change is a clear indicator that the price is right. And when the offer is gone in 7 hrs. this thread will slowly disappear. :-/
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ Althea Biermont: why should DB tell us that the price is correct? That will fuel discussions about their pricing (2.5 times higher than usual) but won't attract any new buyer.

She's going on their past history with similar issues. At the very least stuff like this is usually acknowledged with a "bringing it up with the team".

For me, DBs silence and the offer still being up without any change is a clear indicator that the price is right. And when the offer is gone in 7 hrs. this thread will slowly disappear. :-/

Since Shan is out it's hard to say how much her fill in is watching for things that need a response or need to be brought to someone at DB's attention. Hard to say if the right person there even knows if there is a question on the price.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    They have to be discussing the Polywater problem.
    I would expect answers before they go home.

Edit: I posted this at 5:24 pm their time.
    What time are they off of work their already after 5pm their time and no response
  • The fact that they haven't come in here and tried to justify the price and say that the offer is correct is enough to let us know it's wrong, they made a mistake and they are scrambling trying to figure out what to do.

At the LEAST, there is a mismatch/stealth nerf somewhere... Vip for cash spent has changed in this offer. Spend more to get less and do so for a better crew to make up for the nerfed yar... Shameless DB & shame on you... I feel it's test to see how big a sucker I'll be
    ~ seeking out new life
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »
    The fact that they haven't come in here and tried to justify the price and say that the offer is correct is enough to let us know it's wrong, they made a mistake and they are scrambling trying to figure out what to do.

At the LEAST, there is a mismatch/stealth nerf somewhere... Vip for cash spent has changed in this offer. Spend more to get less and do so for a better crew to make up for the nerfed yar... Shameless DB & shame on you... I feel it's test to see how big a sucker I'll be

Don't be a sucker, bro. :smile:
    Farewell 🖖
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I guess I am wrong or they are having a late one.
    He will see it in the morning.
    Not sure what he will do then.
    Rerun it with correct info?
    Was it the right price?
    Was the VIP wrong?
  • I bought the offer and I can tell you I only got 500 VIP so something is definitely not right here. If the intended price was indeed $9.99 and I will definitely be asking for a refund for the difference.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I bought the offer and I can tell you I only got 500 VIP so something is definitely not right here. If the intended price was indeed $9.99 and I will definitely be asking for a refund for the difference.

They are only giving dil. in return. As mentioned previously they may offer you a second one and then 4.99 of dil.
    If you want refund. Go with who ever you paid with Google, Apple, or whoever, look for wrong price say what the actual price was suppose to be and what you paid. Actual price should be 40% (for you 9.99 as mentioned) of what you paid if it was wrong. Does look like it is wrong.
  • Yes I’ll wait and see what DB has to say on this thread.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess another thread might be needed.
    This one has been ignored too.
    Maybe @DealWithItJazzRiker just needs more tags?
    Farewell 🖖
  • DB has been ignoring things quite a bit lately. Especially when it’s their mistake. 3 week’s ago they opened a ticket to let me know they were going in and correcting the impact of the Independence Day pack on my account. Fine, sure, whatever, go clean up the mess, I didn’t use any of it and left things the way they were. Instead they stole dil, crew and other resources that I actually paid for. I provided screen shots and everything about an hour after their first reply. Still waiting for them to restore my **tsk tsk** 3 weeks after. In fact after I had provided the details, they went in again and took more **tsk tsk**.

Long story short, don’t trust DB support to do anything for you in this case. Go to Apple/Google and get your money back. I’m giving support another few days and then going to Apple and get my money back.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said they ignore the tags you have to PM them.
    But I did finally figure it out about an hour ago.
    But if he is off work. Might get ignored.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we’ll get an answer when @Shan gets back
  • I bought the offer and I can tell you I only got 500 VIP so something is definitely not right here. If the intended price was indeed $9.99 and I will definitely be asking for a refund for the difference.

Don't forget bonus dil is based on vip points, so nerfed the bonus dil without announcing the change. DB more shameless with every 'mistake'.

Must subscribe to possession is 9/10 of the law philosophy: DB has our $$ & then claim it's lawfully done.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Just a reminder, tagging with „@„ Shan or JazzRiker does NOTHING. They turned off the notifications. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
    As we said in another thread, the VIP points that were being given for this offer were incorrect, but that problem was fixed. For those of you that purchased the offer and need to receive the right points/currency, please submit an in-game ticket.

Closing this thread.
This discussion has been closed.