Home The Bridge

Why is it that shinzon is never in a pack or in a event? 🤔

I always wanted to get shinzon because he is my favorite trek bad guy. But I been playing 2 years and never was offered him. He is never in a pack or event. DB what's up with that??!!

Best Answer

• DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If the OP likes Shinzon as a character, good for them.
    I think the Motion Picture is one of the best Trek Movies (puts on flameproof suit)

Ive seen Shinzon once or twice, he’s not overly powerful, but thats not a reason to pass up a favorite character. He’s a 5 star and these days the game usually doesn’t reuse 5 stars for events.

Answers

• t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    I've passed on him at least 20 times in beholds.

There are tons of golds that were never in events, and with like 4-5 exceptions that for event themes, existing 5*s aren't used for new events.

With the pool of existing golds, the odds of seeing any one specific one are abysmal.

Also, the card is absolutely horrible, so putting it in an event now would guarantee a low effort event.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    The silliest conceit of Star Trek Nemesis is that they claimed to have cloned Picard about (maybe) twenty-five years before the movie starts, when he wasn't even a Starfleet hero yet. Guess they saw potential?

Bald head gaffe notwithstanding.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the first problem is that Shinzon is your favorite Trek villain...

Three points to <TGE> Donut: 1 for saying what we were all thinking, 1 for doing it in a passive-aggressively snarky tone, and 1 for spelling 'donut' properly :)
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

Trying to be understanding because we all have that "bad movie" that we like... Batman Forever is one for me... but mannnnnnnnnnnnnn Nemesis was bad

Yikes!
    edited August 2018
    Yateball wrote: »

Trying to be understanding because we all have that "bad movie" that we like... Batman Forever is one for me... but mannnnnnnnnnnnnn Nemesis was bad

Yikes!

Batman Forever is positively OSCAR WORTHY compared to the one that came after it!

Meanwhile, I'm going with Mortal Kombat. The original, not that terrible sequel.
  • I've passed on him at least 20 times in beholds.

There are tons of golds that were never in events, and with like 4-5 exceptions that for event themes, existing 5*s aren't used for new events.

With the pool of existing golds, the odds of seeing any one specific one are abysmal.

Also, the card is absolutely horrible, so putting it in an event now would guarantee a low effort event.

I haven't seen him and also most of the cats I don't like anyway
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

Yikes!

Batman Forever is positively OSCAR WORTHY compared to the one that came after it!

Meanwhile, I'm going with Mortal Kombat. The original, not that terrible sequel.

*Arnold Voice* CHILL OUT
  • I think the first problem is that Shinzon is your favorite Trek villain...

Everyone has their favorite. I have some personal reasons why I love this character. Just like I love Q but he really isn't a bad guy.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q Baker wrote: »
    I always wanted to get shinzon because he is my favorite trek bad guy. But I been playing 2 years and never was offered him. He is never in a pack or event. DB what's up with that??!!

Ask Captain Archer. It took him almost two years for an event and he was a captain. But I wish you luck in getting him. I've taken Q a few times in beholds even though the other cards were better.

And to get back on topic, I'll watch Fake Fiancee, Decoy Bride, or any awful fake-it-til-you-make-it romantic comedy no matter how bad it is.
    Farewell 🖖
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q Baker wrote: »

Everyone has their favorite. I have some personal reasons why I love this character. Just like I love Q but he really isn't a bad guy.

lemme guess, you're the love child of Lursa and Shinzon sent back in time to promote their story?
  • Nemesis was...very...very bad, and Shinzon is pretty weak 5*.

That said, I wouldn't hate an events that have old cards in them.
  • Q Baker wrote: »

Ask Captain Archer. It took him almost two years for an event and he was a captain. But I wish you luck in getting him. I've taken Q a few times in beholds even though the other cards were better.

And to get back on topic, I'll watch Fake Fiancee, Decoy Bride, or any awful fake-it-til-you-make-it romantic comedy no matter how bad it is.

Q is my favorite trek character of allllllllllll time!! I have every crew card of him!! And thank you.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    If the OP likes Shinzon as a character, good for them.
    I think the Motion Picture is one of the best Trek Movies (puts on flameproof suit)

Ive seen Shinzon once or twice, he’s not overly powerful, but thats not a reason to pass up a favorite character. He’s a 5 star and these days the game usually doesn’t reuse 5 stars for events.

I don't know why people hate on Nemsis, I thought it was awesome personally, I guess it just shows that opinions can vary;) I also liked Shinzon I thought he was really well played, and even oddly looked like a young picard.
  • Y’all say what you will about Shinzon as a card or Nemesis as a movie - Tom Hardy redeems them both.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My, I wouldn’t say “bad” movie I LOVE is Jakob the Liar. Not sure if it’s considered bad but you never hear anything about it and I thought it was phenomenal
    I didn't say Starship Troopers earlier, because to me it's the opposite of a bad movie. It's my favorite movie, next to Pulp Fiction! What does the jury of my peers say?

StarshipTroopers-NewsReel.jpg?fit=740%2C+9999&crop=0%2C0%2C100%2C400px&ssl=1
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    Starship Troopers is awesome. In fact Robocop, Total Recall and Starship Troopers are all awesome (same director - Paul Verhoeven). Remakes make me sad.

I love 80s straight to video action/sci-fi movies, no matter how bad they are (the three aforementioned movies do not fall into that category obviously).

As for Nemesis, I saw it at the cinema when it came out and was alone in the cinema. Not even exaggerating - I basically had a private screening. Haven’t seen it since but don’t remember it being as bad as some say. Surely it’s better than The Final Frontier?

• Q Baker wrote: »

I got him once in a regular 10x premium pack, Behold, awhile back. Haven't seen him again.

And you have the right to like whatever character you want, don't let the trolls discourage you.

Thanks I never pay attention to trolls. They are just funny to me LoL
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cam Taliis wrote: »
    Starship Troopers is awesome. In fact Robocop, Total Recall and Starship Troopers are all awesome (same director - Paul Verhoeven). Remakes make me sad.

I love 80s straight to video action/sci-fi movies, no matter how bad they are (the three aforementioned movies do not fall into that category obviously).

As for Nemesis, I saw it at the cinema when it came out and was alone in the cinema. Not even exaggerating - I basically had a private screening. Haven’t seen it since but don’t remember it being as bad as some say. Surely it’s better than The Final Frontier?

Starship Troopers is awesome if you've never read the book or anything by Robert Heinlein.
    Also if you don't listen to the commentary about what they intended the theme of the movie to be about.

• KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread has now become "Confessions of our Terrible Movie Preferences".

Please proceed.

DOA Dead or Alive! Because I can never be as chill as Devon Aoki getting invited to a martial arts tournament by way of remote-controlled batarang smacking into the hang-glider she had in her backpack so she could dive off a cliff to escape the literally one thousand ninja keeping her in her royal castle, but I like to dream. That's not a spoiler, that's like three minutes into the movie.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread has now become "Confessions of our Terrible Movie Preferences".

Please proceed.

They Live, in which “Rowdy” Roddy Piper delivers an all-time classic line:

“I have come here to kick a** and chew bubblegum, and I’m all out of bubblegum.”

To the OP: I also like Shinzon and was excited when he dropped for me in a beGold, right after I first started playing. I had no clue how weak his stats were/are, but I didn’t really care about those at the time. I still use him as my in-game avatar sometimes, out of nostalgia.
    🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    How dare you call They Live a terrible movie. It’s my second-favorite John Carpenter movie.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cam Taliis wrote: »
    How dare you call They Live a terrible movie. It’s my second-favorite John Carpenter movie.

Your #1 favourite better not be The Fog lmao (assuming it's Halloween?)
  • The Nemesis movie was okay, but the tricorsers and phasers used are some of my favorite star trek props!