Home Make It So!

Star Trek Olympics!

Now that we have four event types and a standard four days per event, how about a Timelines Decathlon! (Except four, not ten. Not sure what that word would be).
Picture each event type represented for 24 hours in a four phase hybrid over the standard 4 day event week.
It would be a soul-crushing, nail-biting catastrophe to play it, but hey... What a test of character 😉.
(Why not even name it The Kobayashi Maru and see who's left standing at the end).

Please, semi-annual at MOST.

Comments

• That's what mega-events are for. But you have to remember, some people don't just sit around and play video games all day. Some would be able to compete cause of life. Nice thought though.
    BTW: your word is quadathlon
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say run them all concurrently. Separate the men from the boys
  • At the mega events the recurrent character, will get you a 4/5 star crewmember. Why not if playing in all four of the events, get the 5th star as a bonus. That would be a reward during all of the events.
    At the mega events the recurrent character, will get you a 4/5 star crewmember. Why not if playing in all four of the events, get the 5th star as a bonus. That would be a reward during all of the events.

Or as a reward to the top 100 or 1000 in total score for the four events

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy with random 1 day events.
  • Seeing a ton of awesome ideas from everyone. I especially like Banjo's thought. Setting the bar lower to grab five stars on a legendary would definitely be a huge prize. Competition would skyrocket. I don't think as low as rank 1,000 would be too feasible though. Admittedly we're talking about the nastiest kind of event ever conceived, but a fully fused legendary is a bit much. Maybe more like top 250 and the rank 1 reward would be something like "enough schematics to build a new 5* ship to lvl 1" (which, sadly, wouldn't make it useful yet, but if that ship swung into the arena for a month, that player would be able to max it, unlike everyone else)
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tetrathlon?
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Tetra is a different number, from a different language I believe.
    I would trust "guest 980....." - She's one of my fleet officers and is currently working on her Doctorate in ancient languages. She's quite brilliant with Greek and Latin :D Her in-game name is Tisiphone, for anyone curious

a6hnfy9oq30o.png
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »

... who will be lagging behind the girls and women?

(+1 on concurrent events though!)
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

... who will be lagging behind the girls and women?

(+1 on concurrent events though!)

Um. The free water people

• *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    If they do Star Trek Olympics, I want to change my fleet name to "The Really Rottens"......Admiral Mumbly in command :smiley:

omugaqyev1o4.png
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • There's a cool thought: Olympics specific "team" names to replace the fleet tag temporarily (for the event duration only). USA is known as "Team USA" in the Olympics as an example - although that's obviously no big change...
    edited September 2018
    There's a cool thought: Olympics specific "team" names to replace the fleet tag temporarily (for the event duration only). USA is known as "Team USA" in the Olympics as an example - although that's obviously no big change...

Or how about the bonus traits be team related and the teams that compete are Klingons, humans, Romulans, fefengi....
    You must cover say shuttles with your team romulan, expedition with your team human, skirmish with your team Vulcan, Galaxy with team ferengi, Voyages with team.....ok yes I’m still pining for a voyage related event.
  • Hahahaaaa. Klingons and Ferengi competing in Boxing just flashed through my head
    Hahahaaaa. Klingons and Ferengi competing in Boxing just flashed through my head

Ha! No contest there. The ferengi would do that Nancy boy scream they do and run