Home The Holodeck

Have You Ever Bit on an Ad?

Was wondering if anyone ever bought or downloaded something because they saw it in an in game ad. A big no here

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Hustle Castle seemed intriguing, but hearing things about it I decided it wasn't worth it. But because of that, I found Fallout Shelter, which is wonderful. So it was round-about, but I did find something due to an ad.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have, just one, mail order dog food. Customised for my dogs requirements and gets delivered to the door. First two weeks were free. Its expensive but the dog loves it.

OH has downloaded a couple of games from the ads.

The ads are very different based on regions as well aren't they? Some of the recent complaints I've never seen (2 part ads, ads that req personal info). I'm in the UK
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Múspell[BAD]Múspell[BAD] ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Never done it and will never do it.

I only get ads for other games.

30-45 minutes STT each day is more as enough time I want to use for gaming........, there are more interesting things to explore in the real world, lol.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have, just one, mail order dog food. Customised for my dogs requirements and gets delivered to the door. First two weeks were free. Its expensive but the dog loves it.

OH has downloaded a couple of games from the ads.

The ads are very different based on regions as well aren't they? Some of the recent complaints I've never seen (2 part ads, ads that req personal info). I'm in the UK

Sounds like it cuz I’ve never seen that ad. I cook Banjo’s food weekly but that sounds pretty cool. Oh no! I’m going off topic on my own thread! Silence police please forgive me!

• Long time ago I saw the ad for STT in another game. ;)

But additionally to this I never installed an app because of ads. Also not from an ad in STT.
  • I got STT because of an ad in another game!!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
    Good for DB to see ads can work. That’s encouraging for them!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really. I found Word Cookies through a friend and Empires & Puzzles from an ad there but have bought nothing as a result of ads here. I generally don’t buy things featured in ads anyway and even when I do see an ad for something I might be interested in I will search for it separately rather than click directly on it. That’s just a best practice for being on the Internet.
  • I got animation throwdown through an ad on STT and some other puzzle type game, I didn't play it much and have since forgotten its name
  • Nope, Nada, never. Always ignore them.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried a game or two. Any ad for a product that forced audio past the phone mute - instant boycott.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • None. I am just in for the free stuff
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I tried Hustle Castle briefly but it played COMPLETELY different from the way all the ads showed it working so I stopped. I also tried, Idle Heroes. It was SERIOUSLY fun for the first few days, so much stuff to do, so many heroes to upgrade, it was the most fun I've ever had playing a game...then you just run full speed into the largest wall in history...you'll cruise through the first three chapters without much struggle and then you hit level 4.5 and it ALL ends, abruptly! At that point I had to spend over one day having my heroes grind out (they fight 24/7) exp just to squeak by, and from then on it was just a brutal, brutal slog. So I stopped playing.

===EDIT===

I also downloaded Puzzles & Empires to test a theory. When I first started playing I was getting that Puzzles & empires ad that forced you to play the puzzle and it was CRAZY loud and annoying every time I ran the warp, so I downloaded the game to test if the ad software checked your phone before playing ads to see if you already had the game, and once I had Puzzles & Empires I never saw that ad again.
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Was wondering if anyone ever bought or downloaded something because they saw it in an in game ad. A big no here

I have seen games that looked interesting and if not for the ad i would not have checked them out
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Roadrunner {SG-66}Roadrunner {SG-66} ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I got STT because of an ad in another game!!

Ah, ah, same for me. The STT click « mistake » cost me quite a lot of money (and still is). I can’t afford clicking on another ad.

Ah, ah, same for me. The STT click « mistake » cost me quite a lot of money (and still is). I can’t afford clicking on another ad.

Ha! I dig!
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dito. I've never bit on an STT add as I usually just click then do something else while the add does its thing. They are usually for US companies offering shares and other such tripe that Im not interested in.

DB: Do Better
  • I ignore them completely. I usually set my phone down and look at something else for a few minutes.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
    So long thread. It was nice knowin ya!
  • [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I've downloaded a couple of games I saw in ads, mostly word games. I still play them occasionally, I'm always on the lookout for stuff I can play without a data connection.

Edit: Looks like the thread is still active, just moved.
  • NoneNone ✭✭✭
    I found this game from an ad in a different game, so ads do work.

However, the one time I tried to click on one of the ads in this game, my game froze up, and what I clicked on wouldn’t even load. So even if something looks remotely interesting, I won’t click on it for that reason.
  • Just because I'm over 60 I get stuck with Depends commercials. Nope ain't buying it. Its cheaper just to take a shower. The others just give me time to watch the other ads on TV. Now I'm Ad-libing. Rofl
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZEB :-) wrote: »
    Just because I'm over 60 I get stuck with Depends commercials. Nope ain't buying it. Its cheaper just to take a shower. The others just give me time to watch the other ads on TV. Now I'm Ad-libing. Rofl

You may or may not be serious, but my brother-in-law set his email and other accounts up as an 80 year old man so he gets fewer ads. He says it works.
    ZEB :-) wrote: »
    Just because I'm over 60 I get stuck with Depends commercials. Nope ain't buying it. Its cheaper just to take a shower. The others just give me time to watch the other ads on TV. Now I'm Ad-libing. Rofl

Ha! Laughing right there with ya!

• ZEB :-) wrote: »

You may or may not be serious, but my brother-in-law set his email and other accounts up as an 80 year old man so he gets fewer ads. He says it works.

I am rarely serious in this Arena. B)
  • I've only ever accidentally clicked on an ad. Usually happens because I'm predicting the exact moment to skip and I get it wrong.
  • Usually other game downloads.
  • I downloaded Seaport because of an ad. Not sure now if that ad was from STT or an NCIS game on my tablet. I would try a few others but the tablet is running low on storage space.
  • [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I've downloaded a few games because of ads. It gives me something to do on Tuesdays. B)
    I've downloaded a few games because of ads. It gives me something to do on Tuesdays. B)

Ha! Touché