Home Make It So!

What changes would YOU suggest to improve the game?

I'd like to invite everyone to add their thoughts about what DB and the devs could do to improve upon the game and improve player retention. Fire away!
HIGH RANKING, HIGHLY SEXY FLEET SEEKS HOT & ACTIVE PEOPLE FOR SOME FUN PLAY.

Have you been naughty? Playing with yourself again? Has another fleet touched you in bad ways? Don’t worry, we will train you…. Gently. Light bondage only. Bring your own handcuffs, though…. We don’t supply them.

We’re not those other guys. Here we shower often, and we treat our members like family.
We know how to whip some serious tail, yet no one is left to shiver out in the cold. If you need advice, help, strategy, tips or anything at all…. I and my officers are here to help you.

Currently, we're looking for more good people to enjoy the game with us, and we offer a TON to our members, in return. We prefer level 50 members and above. Lower level players than this will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

We use the DISCORD app for all our fleet chats (it's free). We're much better organized than many other top-tier fleets in the game, while a heck of a lot more relaxed and much more fun to be a part of. I have numerous other former fleet Admirals who joined me, and we have a world of knowledge and experience to share with you. Sure, we all love the game, and we enjoy playing it often; but we're also a fun family of kooky friends from around the world, who enjoy playing the game together. On top of playing, we also hang out often and share plenty of good laughs, an excellent supportive environment and one another's company.

It's OK if you don't play every day. You don’t have to be a daily player, but the more you play the more fun you’ll have with us. So long as you let me know ahead of time whenever you know you're going to be offline from the game for five days or more, I won't kick you for inactivity. You can send me that message on DISCORD at any time you need to; it takes only a moment. That rule helps keep our fleet as active as possible.

All Captains MUST have a name other than just “Captain” so that others may recognize you. We have no drama, but instead are a close-knit group of good people who treat each other as if we’re both friends & family.

WE’RE ALMOST ALL VERY HIGHLY ACTIVE, and help is never far whenever you might need it, at any stage of the game, nearly 24/7. Whatever your skill level, we can help you.

If you are interested in joining our fleet, please feel free to message me and I will be glad to assist you.

Free steak & Lobster available from our resident chef upon joining (alternate meal suggestions are possible), drinks available through our in-house bartender/barista/host. Please be sure to tip your wait staff. They're nuts, but they're worth it.

Comments

• Let us have better access to crew that was already released! Who wouldn't want to have a certain five star, or the one needed to top off your next collection? Right now, there's several ways a player can get new coveted crew, though it's mostly thru paying real money or luck with perhaps a good strategy tossed on top of that. How about a way to get more crew other than spending tons of real money, waiting around for the next event, or burning thru a heap of dilithium?

It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all, if there was a room in the portal, other than the one you buy with honor, where you could pick the crew you wanted from a list, and it'd cost ya but you could get 'em.

Have you been naughty? Playing with yourself again? Has another fleet touched you in bad ways? Don’t worry, we will train you…. Gently. Light bondage only. Bring your own handcuffs, though…. We don’t supply them.

We’re not those other guys. Here we shower often, and we treat our members like family.
    We know how to whip some serious tail, yet no one is left to shiver out in the cold. If you need advice, help, strategy, tips or anything at all…. I and my officers are here to help you.

Currently, we're looking for more good people to enjoy the game with us, and we offer a TON to our members, in return. We prefer level 50 members and above. Lower level players than this will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

We use the DISCORD app for all our fleet chats (it's free). We're much better organized than many other top-tier fleets in the game, while a heck of a lot more relaxed and much more fun to be a part of. I have numerous other former fleet Admirals who joined me, and we have a world of knowledge and experience to share with you. Sure, we all love the game, and we enjoy playing it often; but we're also a fun family of kooky friends from around the world, who enjoy playing the game together. On top of playing, we also hang out often and share plenty of good laughs, an excellent supportive environment and one another's company.

It's OK if you don't play every day. You don’t have to be a daily player, but the more you play the more fun you’ll have with us. So long as you let me know ahead of time whenever you know you're going to be offline from the game for five days or more, I won't kick you for inactivity. You can send me that message on DISCORD at any time you need to; it takes only a moment. That rule helps keep our fleet as active as possible.

All Captains MUST have a name other than just “Captain” so that others may recognize you. We have no drama, but instead are a close-knit group of good people who treat each other as if we’re both friends & family.

WE’RE ALMOST ALL VERY HIGHLY ACTIVE, and help is never far whenever you might need it, at any stage of the game, nearly 24/7. Whatever your skill level, we can help you.

If you are interested in joining our fleet, please feel free to message me and I will be glad to assist you.

Free steak & Lobster available from our resident chef upon joining (alternate meal suggestions are possible), drinks available through our in-house bartender/barista/host. Please be sure to tip your wait staff. They're nuts, but they're worth it.
  • edited September 2018
    We all know the chat needs serious help. There's so many players out there using offline chats simply because of how unreliable the in-game chat proves to be more often than not. It would be great, if DB would fix that issue.

I'd also like to see another option included with it... Squadron member chats. Admirals have the ability to talk to officers in a separate room. They should also have another chat room avail to pass word to the squadron leaders. This could help to ensure quicker communication as well as serve as a means for Admirals to help to train and develop the squadron leaders. I would include officers in this chat, as well, so they can also benefit from the guidance.

• I think Most of those changes would be welcome, i think that doubling the drop rate of Legendary characters would be nice, i mean it's at 1.27% at the moment that's pitiful and I'm sick of it that's a lot of money per star.... if you even get many repeats but legendary crew come out more often that super rare crew... raising that bar to keep us addicted.
  • Turen CounterpointTuren Counterpoint ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Voyages
    I heard a while back they were - down the way - going to make Voyages more elaborate. It might be fun to see the crew on the bridge, but see every second of the voyage, on the view screen. Complete with maybe: themed away missions; sideview windows; space battles; way points or Starbases to get more supplies; Q could even pop up for a visit, possibly setting a challenge; and other characters or crew could be involved in the voyage's storyline also; and we see and experience space anomalies.

Starbases
    It seems to me, that forwarding crew abilities could be much better. Granted, I'm merely an Admiral of One! Maybe this could happen by running missions for other starbases/fleets; completing holodeck adventures or training: maybe not only of the crew leveling type, but in any given field even traits, such as a tactition could improve his/her tactical skills; space battle abilities could increase; maybe stations could work well together, and help each other out? Again, I am big on experiencing holodeck adventures and perhaps authoring one, and yes, I hope some day they are complete with audio and 3-D. All players could author holoprograms and I'd love to see what DB would come up with! A whole library to choose from, from titles to catagories: what it is about, how long it may be, and what skill level, where, what, who, how, when, etc.

Best Treks!
    -Future Turen Counterpoint

Admiral Turen Counterpoint at Avalon's Galactic Armada and Captain of the U.S.S. Divinity
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see player-chosen specialization ... ideally by traits.

Give us, somewhere in the game, a way to earn specialization points to apply towards skills.

There could be two kinds, say, specialize by species traits, and specialize by attribute traits, and could limit to some of the most common ones. They could scale by frequency, e.g., a specialization point applied to Humans would be worth less than a specialization point applied to Romulans.

To me this would immediately make the game more interesting and mildly strategic. Players choose to steer down certain paths:

• Follow a path based on the crew they have rather than by rote following of the overall game stats
    • Gauntlets get less stuck in the same-dominant-characters rut.
    • Ditto for voyages.
    • Gives further along players something to do to stay engaged
    • Minor "yay" bump when an Event shows up well suited for me based on the choices I've made or features crew important to me, not just important globally
    • Way to sweeten the reward structure in any number of ways (collections, events, etc, though preferably not honor, as that would force newer players to make painful trades)
    • Way to "salvage" marginal crew and put them back into play. There are tons of Klingons and few of them seem to be long-term useful. But if I specialized in them ...

Thoughts?
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • edited October 2018
    I keep noticing the rewards for squadron rankings in events **tsk tsk**! Hey DB, how about giving better rewards than just some Federation Credits and replicator rations for doing well as a squadron? No matter how well you do in the squadron rankings, this is all you get for that? :/

• Like you can set crew roster in Voyages I wish we could do this outside of voyages so would not have click to a battle to set it.
  • How about a Legendary portal pull, instead of a Super Rare one for a community reward? Maybe not every event I'd guess. Suggestion made.

I love the game, but also love the possible future of it. DB does add things, so I look forward to the next improvements, even if they are aways off. "Timelines" to me, means a great deal is possible, within the Star Trek Universe. Let hope for that which is truly possible and very best...Thanks DB!
    Admiral Turen Counterpoint at Avalon's Galactic Armada and Captain of the U.S.S. Divinity
  • I suppose at this rate another achievement to get the Caretaker next year before Christmas @Shan
    :-)
  • After about Level 60, the 2-star rewards are pretty useless. Actually, anything less than Super Rare or Legendary is kinda cheesy. Is there any way for the game to register your level, and base rewards on that?

Additionally, the Dabo table is a worse gamble than the lottery. It's not just about not getting a top-row prize every other week, it's about not getting one in three years of being on the game. I've won more lottery games than decent prizes through the Dabo table. The odds could use a revisit and an adjustment.

Let's see... I like the idea of choosing your crew based on traits.

I'd like to see an additional means of gaining honour points, as there are whole forests that grow faster than my collection of honour points. As a result, I have about a dozen crew who sit at level 99, waiting for additional stars so they too can be immortalized.

This isn't comprehensive, but it'd be a lovely start.

I agree, completely!

pdkih4saqg6t.gif

• edited October 2018
    Let us have better access to crew that was already released! Who wouldn't want to have a certain five star, or the one needed to top off your next collection? Right now, there's several ways a player can get new coveted crew, though it's mostly thru paying real money or luck with perhaps a good strategy tossed on top of that. How about a way to get more crew other than spending tons of real money, waiting around for the next event, or burning thru a heap of dilithium?

It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all, if there was a room in the portal, other than the one you buy with honor, where you could pick the crew you wanted from a list, and it'd cost ya but you could get 'em.

I have never gotten the Legendary Seven of Nine. If she had come up in a special pack, I most certainly attempted to get her and failed. It's almost mind boggling how long I've been playing the game and not to have that specific crew. So yes, wholeheartedly, I agree with OP regarding more ways to obtain long-released crew.

I feel like these special $25 legendary offers, like the current one with Interfaced Barclay, may be an attempt to address this issue, but it would be nice to see some old-school legendary crew come up again in events.

• Give us the ability to change fleet names.
  • LIDJR wrote: »
    Give us the ability to change fleet names.

I'd have to agree with that. It's good to have fleet names recognizable, but when you establish one, it's choose the best name or be stuck with what you pick. Being able to change fleet names, and I'd also add to that being able to change squadron names after they're established would be a very simple fix. DB... any help here?

edited October 2018
    Question and Suggestion about Time and Space in Star Trek Timelines
    I'd like a clarification as to whether or not time is actually travelled.. I mean if there were infinite parallel universes, a greater universe, a divine power, or great machine could extrapolate the future and even create beings possibly? Or is it time really is travelled? Going back in time, things can be recreated perhaps as they were or even differently? Also illusive to me, and apparently the crew/characters of Star Trek, is the creation of the holodeck. Apparently no one seems to really know how it works? Possibly there could be an expert on holodeck creation - photons seem to be key - but its fantastical - So maybe no one is really suppose to know these things: if time travel actually fully happens or how a photonic holodeck really works? All the same, I'd like to travel time and space by way of holodeck, and by ship or anomaly! I guess one thing I'd ask for is a new map, complete with alternate times of places, possibly of even fictional places cropping up, and library full of holonovels - only they seem safer, but as we now know, not always! Also greater rewards for completing a trek or holonovel or "as you go" great rewards a plenty! Thar be eddies ahead! Boldly Go..

Best Treks!
    «Turen Counterpoint»

PS - (You may not care about this, but I made two arrows pointing, as in Counterpoint, in both directions infinite on the "Timeline.") Only maybe Q's mind [and maybe the Traveler's or someone else's?] could possibly wrap around time infinitely foreward and / or back? DB, what's way out there? And way way way way back? Oh then there's infinite space too ...¡i... is the nearest equation I can think of for infinitely infinite.
  • Hello,

I would like to suggest a change in the way supply missions work.
    There comes a point at which you have the resources for supply missions to cover the whole reward ladder at once. For example I often have 2000+ cronitons and can obtain everything from 0 points to 130 000 points with ease. Here comes the part where I need to do the following:
    1. Open first item
    2. Select best available crew
    3. Select Boost (if i want to)
    4. Click Build
    5. Wait for the popups that the item was built (duh)
    6. Wait for the popup that i got a bonus (roughly 1/3 of the time)
    7. Repeat steps 1-6 again 1 or 2 times (depending on number of items requred)

This whole process takes about 10-15 seconds of robotic repetitive clicking and has to be done roughly 200 times to get to 130 000 points ... or even more to obtain rewards at 250 000 points.

If we set the time @ 5 seconds per item (15 seconds per supply mission) a simple calculation would say that I have to spend 50 minutes on some weekend doing that event and in general having no satisfaction from the game.

What I would suggest is a "Auto-build" button for supply missions. I have even taken the liberty to draw a possible solution that will speed up this process immensely.

Sorry for the images - because of forum policy I cannot post Links -

https: //us.v-cdn.net/6030345/uploads/editor/hr/fjpx44g5t8wd.jpg

https: //us.v-cdn.net/6030345/uploads/editor/k0/7a4wn1g0iq7u.jpg

If the player has everything neccessary you can pop up an auto-build button, and when clicking it open a mini-screen with the option to include "best boost". You can play around with it and make it "best buff of maximum rarity Rare" or make a setting "always use buffs for this supply event up to rarity X"

This will make the supply event agony disappear, people will spend more items, some of them will run out of resources and buy dilithium to be able to continue.

In effect every outcome will be positive - more profit for Disruptor Beam, Less time spent for people with resources.

Think about it ... I believe it will be a nice improvement.
  • Question and Suggestion about Time and Space in Star Trek Timelines
    I'd like a clarification as to whether or not time is actually travelled.. I mean if there were infinite parallel universes, a greater universe, a divine power, or great machine could extrapolate the future and even create beings possibly? Or is it time really is travelled? Going back in time, things can be recreated perhaps as they were or even differently? Also illusive to me, and apparently the crew/characters of Star Trek, is the creation of the holodeck. Apparently no one seems to really know how it works? Possibly there could be an expert on holodeck creation - photons seem to be key - but its fantastical - So maybe no one is really suppose to know these things: if time travel actually fully happens or how a photonic holodeck really works? All the same, I'd like to travel time and space by way of holodeck, and by ship or anomaly! I guess one thing I'd ask for is a new map, complete with alternate times of places, possibly of even fictional places cropping up, and library full of holonovels - only they seem safer, but as we now know, not always! Also greater rewards for completing a trek or holonovel or "as you go" great rewards a plenty! Thar be eddys ahead! Boldly Go..

Best Treks!
    «Turen Counterpoint»

PS - (You may not care about this, but I made two arrows pointing, as in Counterpoint, in both directions infinite on the "Timeline.") Only maybe Q's mind [and maybe the Traveler's or someone else's?] could possibly wrap around time infinitely foreward and / or back? DB, what's way out there? And way way way way back? Oh then there's infinite space too ...¡i... is the nearest equation I can think of for infinitely infinite.

The answer to your query involves 5th and 6th dimensional theoretical physics – to be able to observe time in a way that the observance itself alters the flow of time. We are not traveling in time, time is moving in ebbs and flows around us. I know it is difficult concept for most, so don't let your brain explode trying to figure it out. ;)

I believe it is this basis the game is constructed. We are in an element of time-space that overlaps itself an infinite number of times merely by observing it. This does not create any paradoxes, just alternate "timelines" that we are able to perceive.

I rather like the concept, if merely for the game to be able to have all the Trek universe characters in it!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • edited October 2018
    Agreed. While we're passing time in the game, we're also traveling thru areas effected differently by it. To us, time seems irrelevant inside the game, since we get to enjoy so much of it. It's a nice idea, conceptually, to be able to see more of the experience of the passage of time as we go along, though it's not exactly very important, in the greater scheme of our game as a whole

edited October 2018
    Thanks for the feedback. I wonder if a time machine would be permitted, or rather a ship - maybe not unlike the Traveler's - that could travel time as well? Would it truly travel time or just seem like it? I wouldn't care, as long as I get there. That is: where and when I guess.

Happy Treks!
    <<Turen Counterpoint>> :)

PS - I think this is a given next step in the game: not just time anomalies all around us, but we actually venture forth thru time and space, all at once. It's possible, a game, in my single digit youth, helped me with this concept: "Time Zone." But I still maintain its an original next logical step idea, not stolen. All The Very Best Voyages!
  • I like the idea of developing a holodeck and letting players experience it in one fashion or another, as someone else suggested. There, you can enjoy time travel and a ton more possibilities that could be a lot of fun

edited October 2018
    Trill?

Do players and/or Trek fans like that the Mirror Universe is justly that yet Terran? Trill is said to be the home planet. What if Mirror Universe crew were indeed Trill, minus the cold hands and spots on the face?

Memory Alpha states:"Common belief in Trill society holds that only one in a thousand Trills make acceptable hosts. In fact, this figure is vastly understated, and nearly half of the Trill population is capable of being joined. The myth is perpetuated very carefully, though, in order to avoid widespread chaos which would probably arise if the information were made public,..."

Could it possibly be that the Mirror Crew are actually Trill? Which do you like better: They are merely Mirror variants of crew or possibly different because they have a symbiote within them? Okay, so maybe it's not a great idea, but maybe food for thought? It's an explanation, in my humble view, as to why they are different from their counterparts. Any thoughts? I could see a real story arc here: who are the symbotes? We could learn about them as well? Just a thought.

-Turen
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Non event packs staying available for longer would also be nice - ain't nothing worse than being 100 dilithium or so shy before the pack offer expires.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • edited October 2018
    Play is 1 dimensional. Add more story, make match ups in gauntlet and ship battles more dynamic. I would love to see the script for gauntlet battles, percentages are whack as hell. The grinding is super boring, leveling is an afterthought. The only real thing this game has going for it is addictive card collection. In every other area... jesus as a game dev it makes me cry comment moderated. ˜Shan
  • edited October 2018
    Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan
  • edited October 2018
    how to play game... spend money. Get the 3 ships and 5 chars who always win gauntlet and ship battles. spend more money to get mirror kirk. pay 200$ to get enough shuttles to win at events. cry. cry some more. **tsk tsk**, and then cry again
  • edited October 2018
    Wait for it... Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan
  • On a more positive note, art is nice and char selection is enjoyable