Home Engineering Room

Ads Issues/concerns? Post here!

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2019 in Engineering Room
Use this thread to centralize issues/concerns with ads.

Please note that:
- ads are only available for the iOS and Google Play mobile version of the game. (Ads are not available for the Facebook, Steam or Amazon version)
- depending on your geographical region you might not see ads if the networks have no ads to show for your region

When encountering an issue/concern with an ad:
- when available press the little triangle/arrow-like icon to identify the network serving the ad
f31az5aql1vf.png

- take a screenshot
- note the name/subject of the ad
- mention the platform you are playing on

Comments

• One issue is that the “two part” or web page ads don’t have the blue arrow. Or at least it’s not at the top of the screen.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    One issue is that the “two part” or web page ads don’t have the blue arrow. Or at least it’s not at the top of the screen.

I was able to find the network for that one!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often tap the free extra spin for dabo, watch the ad, and then get told that it was a mistake and I don't get the free spin. It would be nice if the game knew it wouldn't give me the reward before I sat through an ad.

Does this happen regardless of the ad or does it involve specific ads?
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I’m getting blank white screens again. Stopped for a while but it’s back. Once the ad ends, blank white screen. Last one was that Age of Victory I think it’s called? Where little blue guys and little red guys battle. I am on iPhone 6
  • After 2 very long and detailed CS tickets that spanned 2 weeks, and 4 days absent of 2-part web-ads, they come back and...

Yep, you guessed it. CRASH

I figured DB had learned the lesson by getting rid of them, and now that they are back, I will have a semi-unplayable game again. WHY???
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Shan wrote: »
    I often tap the free extra spin for dabo, watch the ad, and then get told that it was a mistake and I don't get the free spin. It would be nice if the game knew it wouldn't give me the reward before I sat through an ad.

I have figured out it is the web-ad interface itself on iOS, not the ads themselves (because it was many different ads that crashed my app within that interface), if that helps.

NONE of the ad-vids for other games crash the STT app, just the silly new web-interface ones.
  • On Android, so google play.
    I think it's Crowne Plaza ad, featuring two guys waiting for a call or something. it just goes on and on. Despite it eating up my data allowance, i sat thru the damn thing to the end and it's 4-5 minutes long in total. There's no 30 second countdown before you can leave, if you try to back out at any point during the video you forfeit the reward. 5 mins of streaming video is unreasonable. I'm fine with the ads being there, but please can we keep them halfway sensible in length.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Android, so google play.
    I think it's Crowne Plaza ad, featuring two guys waiting for a call or something. it just goes on and on. Despite it eating up my data allowance, i sat thru the damn thing to the end and it's 4-5 minutes long in total. There's no 30 second countdown before you can leave, if you try to back out at any point during the video you forfeit the reward. 5 mins of streaming video is unreasonable. I'm fine with the ads being there, but please can we keep them halfway sensible in length.

If you see it again could you please click on the blue triangle/arrow-like icon to look for the name of the network providing the ad? Thank you!
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

No, I don't believe this is ad-specific.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

No, I don't believe this is ad-specific.

Are you seeing a message related to a limit being reached?
    Have you recently switched device when this occurs?
    On Android, so google play.

If you see it again could you please click on the blue triangle/arrow-like icon to look for the name of the network providing the ad? Thank you!

Just had a different ad, i think from the same thing (crowne plaza) which also went on for well over a minute with no way to back out without cancelling.
    There was no blue triangle/arrow.
  • Well, I've had no ad-warps at all today. I play on Android, and I've never had this problem before. There isn't an option shown to play ads, so I can't double any missions, free chrons, or the Dabo. I'm in Australia if that helps.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • same here i haven't had one ad offered to me all day i'm using android and i'm in the U.S.
  • Ad-Warp 2x bonus was finally acting stable, then it tried to load the same content for the 2-part ad in the weird web interface, and the second one crashed when clicking on the "next page" button.

This is the same as it always has been. Always crashes on the second part of the ad.
    This particular time it was for "Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness", for both parts. Loaded fine for the first part, began to load the second part after I pressed the button (just long enough to see what ad it was), then **crash**.

Already plugged in this info to my ongoing support ticket, but thought it noteworthy.
  • Ice ManIce Man ✭✭✭
    Well, I've had no ad-warps at all today. I play on Android, and I've never had this problem before. There isn't an option shown to play ads, so I can't double any missions, free chrons, or the Dabo. I'm in Australia if that helps.

I haven't had any ads since October 5. Maybe the new server release broke this. A major chroniton and boost handicap in the event and overall game play. There should be huge compensation daily until this fault gets fixed. 24x48 chrons a day just for the warp...
  • Same here!! I am on Android and use Google play. Nothing is different with my phone, OS, or anything. Think it is 5 days now with no ads whatsoever! No double rewards, nothing!! We are missing out on a lot of Chronitons, credits, Dabo spins, free space battles and components, double up components from cadets, merits, etc!!! Major compensation should be coming! This puts us at a huge disadvantage to others. Please fix & compensate!!
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, didn't grab the ad network info (if it comes up again I'll try to remember).

The game the ad is for shows that the subject is buying women at auction and then they're your BDSM slaves or something along those lines.

I question seeing an ad for something like this in a game rated for "Everyone 10+".

vo84khx47g4x.png
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, sorry but I forgot to document the penis enlargement ad. This makes three. Congratulations, you lost a paying customer.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, sorry but I forgot to document the penis enlargement ad. This makes three. Congratulations, you lost a paying customer.

I am sorry this happened.
    We take this seriously and have asked the relevant team to deal with it urgently.
    We have filters in place against these types of ads, so they should not be showing up. We will get this resolved.

We take this seriously and have asked the relevant team to deal with it urgently.
    We have filters in place against these types of ads, so they should not be showing up. We will get this resolved.

When clicking on the arrow it's from ad choices. Didn't see this one before just now. In the ad they feature Dr. Oz talking about the aforementioned topic.
  • Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

This happens to me regardless of ad.

Ps thank you Shan for starting this thread. I now at least feel this issue is legitimized
    ~ seeking out new life
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

When clicking on the arrow it's from ad choices. Didn't see this one before just now. In the ad they feature Dr. Oz talking about the aforementioned topic.

Thank you!
  • Okay - in the 2-part ad system, it seems most are working, EXCEPT the ones with the "12UP" banner. The SECOND it loads that banner, it crashes.

iOS – iPad/iPhone
  • Six6Six6 ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    “An error occured on the server. Please try again. Ad view credit blocked by limit”

This happens me very often, ios devices. Error appears after i have seen ad successfully. In dabo or shuttle mission (2x rewards) Anyone else?

I have screenshots, but i cannot post images yet to this forum (“you have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links”)
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Six6 wrote: »
    “An error occured on the server. Please try again. Ad view credit blocked by limit”

This happens me very often, ios devices. Error appears after i have seen ad successfully. In dabo or shuttle mission (2x rewards) Anyone else?

I have screenshots, but i cannot post images yet to this forum (“you have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links”)

Can you remember if this happened after you switched devices?
    Like you watched an ad on device 1, then switched to device 2 and encountered the issue?
  • Ads from the AdChoice network aren't paying out on Chrome OS (GooglePlay). I don't always get ads of this type, but usually. Playing multiple ads has no effect. I also don't encounter these ads on Android.

hzccxad9rpuy.png
    mpqosdq6izuu.png
  • I've been seeing this ad for some sort of fitness place called "Human Forge" with people climbing over obstacles. Every single time it runs on my Android Samsung tablet, it hangs about 7/8 of the way through, and I have to completely close TL to get out. The back arrow has no effect. Of course, then I lose the bonus I was watching for.

It's getting annoying...
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't As specific, but I keep getting "as credit blocked by limit" in-game errors.
    It started with the free dabo spin, but I have now been getting them with double rewards.

This is more irritating, because not only do I watch the ad, I don't get my double rewards and, if it's a cadet mission, I have lost a chance at double rewards.

Can you please fix it such that, if I am still in the cool down period, the Ad option isn't available please?

(I am running on Android)
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve had an annoying issue with just the extra scan ads. 99% of the time I get the white screen of death and for the last 3 weeks the only ad that plays is the MM. Lafleur ad. I do not get the white screen with the extra Dabo spin even if it’s a Lafleur ad which tells me it’s within the scan ad programming. I run an iPad 5.0 and the issue has happened the last 6 weeks and usually just the scan ads. I’ve tried a couple of the 2x cadet ads when they first were started and both times have given me the white screen of death so I’ve stopped. I don’t remember those ads. The restart trick has never worked for me, I lose the rewards. Not a huge issue but annoying nonetheless. If we watch an ad we should get the reward.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite