Home Ready Room

Newbie Questions

What does it mean when the forum brings someone to level two? How many levels are there and how does this leveling system impact or organize the discussions. Sorry, may seem a less than smart question. However, I am curious about how this works.

Comments

• Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good question. I think it’s like asking about Fight Club.
  • What does it mean when the forum brings someone to level two?

It means you can post discussions.
    How many levels are there and how does this leveling system impact or organize the discussions. Sorry, may seem a less than smart question. However, I am curious about how this works.

The levelling system has no effect on how discussions are organised. They appear in order of posting/last comment.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And to answer your other question: right now, five stars is the max. (Guess anything more would start to look a little cluttered... though I quite liked the system we used on the old forums, where you got an actual rank based on your number of posts: Cadet, Yeoman, Ensign, Lieutenant, Lieutenant Commander, Commander.)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Data1001 wrote: »
    And to answer your other question: right now, five stars is the max. (Guess anything more would start to look a little cluttered... though I quite liked the system we used on the old forums, where you got an actual rank based on your number of posts: Cadet, Yeoman, Ensign, Lieutenant, Lieutenant Commander, Commander.)

Thank you Data1001. All the responses are appreciated. The ‘Fight Club’ reference was interesting. At the risk of delving into something not quite tranquil, lol, can you be more specific, Legate Damar?

Thanks.
  • Your quotes are a little off, mate.
  • Captain Zlog. You’re right. But what was the fight club reference alluding toward?
  • I am simply wondering how the forum system works. Is it ranked by number of posts or no longer as Data1001 mentioned? Who is monitoring and deciding or is it AI ? Just curious. If my question is moot then let’s forget it and move on to the purpose, which is the fun of Star Trek Timelines and more importantly the essence of Star Trek. Which I believe to be a philosophy.
  • Sorry. My question is best suited to ask Disruptor Beam. Re: I received notice from Disruptor Being that my question had received 10 comments and noted “10 Comments Badge” and that “no longer a one-hit wonder! Looks like you’re going places.

It noted that 882 people have earned this badge and listed 12 of the most recent recipients and the dates they earned the badge.
  • I’ll keep my questions less about systems and more about the game. Sorry I made it confusing. All my best.
  • Stripes and Caddyshack. Classics!
  • How do I change bridge crews? Can it be done in the middle of participating in an event?
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do I change bridge crews? Can it be done in the middle of participating in an event?

You can do it any time. Go to the Galaxy Map, open one of the episodes, select a space battle and travel to it (don't warp it). From there you can change your bridge crew. It's a convoluted way of doing it, but right now it's the only way.

• Thanks. It worked. Here’s another newbie question. How often are events held?
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. It worked. Here’s another newbie question. How often are events held?

Wow, you must be quite new. ;) Events are every weekend.

• Just under two weeks. 🙂
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Well, @Captain Rishscot, I have a question for you: Are ya lookin' to join a fleet? We've got two openings right now.
  • Thank you Mr. McClain. I did join a fleet last week.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing a solid year, but just lurk on forums. I finally signed up to get some advice, but it won’t let me post a new discussion. Anyone know how long or how to “earn” enough stars to fully communicate? Thanks!

It takes a certain number of quotes and awesome. I gave you a boost there. It does not take much.
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    If you click on your name and see your Profile > Activity page, there is a spot where it is counting your number of "Points" - I think it is when this value hits certain thresholds that your number of Stars within the Forums increases.
  • Thank you for that info Irial, I have 13 pts and wondered why I couldn't post any new threads yet. anyone know how many it takes to acutally post ?? just curious. Thank you !
  • I do not know the quantifying methods used. I an tell you that I joined October 2, 2018. I was informed that the number of comments I made and posting a photo icon profile picture greatly helps. I posted a picture of myself. Noticed no one else did and changed it to an icon. I received a badge and was able to start a new thread. In fact, my new and only thread that I started was this thread. That is what happened in about 24 hours. Just my experience.
  • May I ask to poll the more experienced players. I just am finishing a 20 hour voyage. I received some cargo goodies but it too about 10 days of my 100 dilithium daily allotment from my monthly membership. I want to build crew efficiently, however, is this a waste of good dilithium?
  • And what is the little green circle next to my captain avatar icon in my fleet starbase?
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    May I ask to poll the more experienced players. I just am finishing a 20 hour voyage. I received some cargo goodies but it too about 10 days of my 100 dilithium daily allotment from my monthly membership. I want to build crew efficiently, however, is this a waste of good dilithium?

I, personally, find extending a voyage worth the dilithium, but after about the 10 hour mark, the only real benefit is the chronitons. Crew drops earlier (except from dilemmas). I very often extend once, but rarely extend twice unless I forgot and crashed a productive voyage. Extending once a day can generally be done with the monthly card. Recently I've cut back on extensions to save for crew spots.
  • That is the sense I had almost exactly. But, the first time, I wanted the 10,000 honor points. Thanks.
  • Anybody know how many fleets there are? How many compete in a given weekend? Rank seems diminished without comparison.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    May I ask to poll the more experienced players. I just am finishing a 20 hour voyage. I received some cargo goodies but it too about 10 days of my 100 dilithium daily allotment from my monthly membership. I want to build crew efficiently, however, is this a waste of good dilithium?

IMO, do the 20 hour once for the achievement and that's it. Otherwise I don't think it's usually worth extending more than once. Personally I almost never extend, I take my 8-9 hours (occasionally 10) and run.