Home Engineering Room

Forums Issues

Comments

• Ah hah! I was having the same issue as UnkieB. Thanx for the help and finding the solution, Data.
    Fleet: The United Federation of Pragmatists

Our mission: Active game play, without taking things too seriously. The only requirements are 1) Be Nice, and 2) Play regularly. ZERO chatting/social requirements - we’re mainly in it for the Squad, Fleet and Starbase Rewards.

We have a few openings left for like-minded Captains!
  • What are the requirements to start a new thread or 'discussion'. I need to start one for recruiting but there seems to be some mystery requirement in order for me to be able to do so which is ... frustrating .. to say the least as it interferes with my ability to maintain my fleet.
    Cruikshanks [TBL]
    The Bovine League

"Leave bigotry in your quarters; there's no room for it on the bridge." James T. Kirk
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the requirements to start a new thread or 'discussion'. I need to start one for recruiting but there seems to be some mystery requirement in order for me to be able to do so which is ... frustrating .. to say the least as it interferes with my ability to maintain my fleet.

Requirements are for the forum account to be a few days old and to be rank 2.
    You are now rank 2 and you should be able to create your thread.
  • Can't create new posts anymore (this has already been working). No link or button on the whole forum site. Adding replies is working, though.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't create new posts anymore (this has already been working). No link or button on the whole forum site. Adding replies is working, though.

You shouldn't have been able to create posts before — at least not if you were using this exact same account. No one can post new threads until they have reached 2 stars. You can get to that point by getting enough "awesomes" on your posts, and also uploading a custom avatar for your profile helps. I have given you an "awesome" on the post above, maybe that will be enough.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Anyone been having a lot of forum issues today?

Everyone been getting the "Something went wrong" error message?
  • Yes.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone been having a lot of forum issues today?

Everyone been getting the "Something went wrong" error message?

And yesterday
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't create new posts anymore (this has already been working). No link or button on the whole forum site. Adding replies is working, though.

You now have rank 2, make sure to log out and log back in :)
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for the "something went wrong" messages, it looks like there was a maintenance which explains those errors. Let me know if you see them again, thanks!
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    qxqx wrote: »
    When I view the list of my drafts, I was wondering how I could delete them. After trying a bit I figured, that the button is in the same color as the background. I marked it with the mouse to let it appear. Here is a screenshot:xy33b0twkbwj.png

I can imagine that this will confuse more people over the time.

Holy crap. I have wondered how to get rid of those. Maybe someone at DB could make that “x” a color other than that of the background?

Anyone know how to get rid of “unanswered questions” (I never asked them, they just appeared near Drafts)?
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • For the last week or so I keep getting these giant grey boxes when trying to load the latest comments on a forum thread in Chrome on Windows 7, both at home and on a Citrix session at work. In citrix I find if I shrink and expand the browser window the post will appear, but that's not working with my PC at home and I have to exit and reload the forum post, sometimes more than once.

I'm also realizing one other commonality between these environments is dual monitors, and I'm using my secondary monitor. Vastly different PC hardware and environment. I'll experiment with using the primary monitor.

fq71z9ozehxx.png
  • For the last week or so I keep getting these giant grey boxes when trying to load the latest comments on a forum thread in Chrome on Windows 7, both at home and on a Citrix session at work. In citrix I find if I shrink and expand the browser window the post will appear, but that's not working with my PC at home and I have to exit and reload the forum post, sometimes more than once.

I'm also realizing one other commonality between these environments is dual monitors, and I'm using my secondary monitor. Vastly different PC hardware and environment. I'll experiment with using the primary monitor.

fq71z9ozehxx.png

I am not on a dual monitor system, and am having the same problem.
  • primary monitor use made no difference. to be clear the screenshot was cropped, sometimes the grey box is very large and i have to scroll down quite a while to see the person's post.
  • edited January 2020
    .....nevermind.... Nothing to see here
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am trying to modify the forums a bit, as I know nothing about CSS there might be weird things happening color wise!
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    I am trying to modify the forums a bit, as I know nothing about CSS there might be weird things happening color wise!

0mqcrmsa4ywb.gif

• Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭

The green could be a little darker....

ivle4om2yqjc.png
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this is a work in progress. I just want to point one thing out to make you aware, Shan. The bar across the top that says "Wicked Realms Games Forum" is too big. It's covering up my edit button so I can't change my first post in a thread. It's not the worst thing in the world. Just something to look at when time allows. :)

gfjggka5zkk1.png

I'm an Android user, in case that makes a difference.
    Farewell 🖖
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this is a work in progress. I just want to point one thing out to make you aware, Shan. The bar across the top that says "Wicked Realms Games Forum" is too big. It's covering up my edit button so I can't change my first post in a thread. It's not the worst thing in the world. Just something to look at when time allows. :)

gfjggka5zkk1.png

Hmm so that's for the mobile version, I will check if another title can be used or not :/
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

The green could be a little darker....

ivle4om2yqjc.png

I did not intend to change that, so I will need to figure out why it happened, thank you!

gfjggka5zkk1.png

Hmm so that's for the mobile version, I will check if another title can be used or not :/

DB used a graphic. If WRG has a graphic that can be sized appropriately, maybe that is a possible solution. I think the issue is that it is currently text. I'm no computer guru, so I'm just spitballing an idea. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

DB used a graphic. If WRG has a graphic that can be sized appropriately, maybe that is a possible solution. I think the issue is that it is currently text. I'm no computer guru, so I'm just spitballing an idea. :)

I tried a quick fix, does it help?

I tried a quick fix, does it help?

Definitely an improvement for me. You might consider cropping it down to make it easier to read. Maybe something like this:

0w70mvw4hw5s.png

If you're allowed to modify it. If not, it's totally workable the way it is. I appreciate your help as always! :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Not sure if this is just a "me" problem, but thought I'd mention it in case others might be experiencing it.

I've used Firefox to read the forums for ages. No new extensions have been added to my browser for months. All of a sudden, between yesterday and today, the forum will not load in FF. I can get to disruptorbeam.com, but any forum.disruptorbeam.com URL does not go anywhere. I don't even get the normal "Hmm. We're having trouble finding that site" notice that you get when you type in an incorrect URL. Absolutely nothing happens. Which makes me think it's perhaps related to some redirect changes that were made. I made sure I was allowing all scripts and ads and everything else, but... nada.

I'm able to connect to the forums via Chrome just fine.

EDIT: 🙄 Now I find I'm unable to upload images. Might be a Chrome problem, I dunno. But I'm getting to the point where I may just give up on the forums entirely. They've become little more than a bubbling lava pit of fury recently, anyway.

Data1001 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is just a "me" problem, but thought I'd mention it in case others might be experiencing it.

I've used Firefox to read the forums for ages. No new extensions have been added to my browser for months. All of a sudden, between yesterday and today, the forum will not load in FF. I can get to disruptorbeam.com, but any forum.disruptorbeam.com URL does not go anywhere. I don't even get the normal "Hmm. We're having trouble finding that site" notice that you get when you type in an incorrect URL. Absolutely nothing happens. Which makes me think it's perhaps related to some redirect changes that were made. I made sure I was allowing all scripts and ads and everything else, but... nada.

I'm able to connect to the forums via Chrome just fine.

EDIT: 🙄 Now I find I'm unable to upload images. Might be a Chrome problem, I dunno. But I'm getting to the point where I may just give up on the forums entirely. They've become little more than a bubbling lava pit of fury recently, anyway.

I use Fire Fox on my phone with no issue (including right now). Are you on a PC or mobile device?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I've used Firefox to read the forums for ages. No new extensions have been added to my browser for months. All of a sudden, between yesterday and today, the forum will not load in FF.

Magically, I can connect again on FF. Thanks for whatever you folks did on your end, Shan!

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am noticing that new discussions are not posting in the categories they are started in.
    So the best workaround is to create a new discussion from the main page, outside of any category and there select the correct category.

I hope this will get resolved soon, if not on Monday I will contact them.
  • Long time player, first time poster. I hope this is the right place to ask this.

I've connected via FB but my DBID here in the forums does not match my game's DBID. Is it supposed to be that way?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long time player, first time poster. I hope this is the right place to ask this.

I've connected via FB but my DBID here in the forums does not match my game's DBID. Is it supposed to be that way?

Hi,

This means that the credentials you used to sign up for the forums are not the same as the ones you use for the game.