Home Strange New Worlds
Options

New Animated Series

Comments

• Options
    Heard about this. Don't watch Rick and Morty, so don't really know how to react. Does kinda feel like Star Trek: Final Space. I'm wondering if this is going to lead to saturation though. Not having 6 months of new episodes a year will probably help with that.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    they should not run them concurrently.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    While I appreciated some of the comedy episodes throughout the various series, overall I like my Star Trek more serious than this promises to be.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    The Orville is comedy, on the surface. And still does a better job than Star Trek seriously addressing The Moral/Ethical Issue of the Week......

I reserve judgement, pending actually seeing the show.

Rick & Morty is kind of unlike anything Star Trek, for those who haven't seen it. Dark and horrifying at times. Very dark and horrifying at some times.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trek cartoon is gonna be great. It is lower deck people running around doing the jobs that are not talked about or shown on other shows. It has Jerry O'Connell in it.
    https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-trek/274336/star-trek-lower-decks-animated-series-lower-decks-cbs
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trek cartoon is gonna be great. It is lower deck people running around doing the jobs that are not talked about or shown on other shows. It has Jerry O'Connell in it.
    https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-trek/274336/star-trek-lower-decks-animated-series-lower-decks-cbs

Like the guy who shovels coal into the dilithium chamber?

• Options
    When I was having brunch with one fo the TOS series cast a very long time ago, several ppl came up to our table and asked for autographs. He was very amenable in giving them. One question one of the kids with the autograph request was, "how did Khan know Chekov in the movie, since Chekov wasn't in the first season?" (Wrath of Khan had just come out.)

He replied, "because Chekov got in trouble that week, and was banned to latrine duty on the lower decks when Khan was on the ship, and he ran into him there."

Something like that would be hilarious in the Lower Decks episodes.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...