Home Engineering Room

Bug with recude hull dmg? Ship won't die

Ok, so I was playing skirmish, and noticed something "Strange" when facing off against Captain Proton's rocket ship.

Every single match .. without fail ... I got him to 0 shields, and 1 hull ... and for the next 4s or so, despite having 20 attack and 20 accuracy, and/or hitting him with immediate damage, it would somehow still survive ..

Eventually, it would die, and it took me a while to pinpoint the issue.

The ability it has to reduce HULL dmg by 30% .. is, effectively, preventing it from dying .. I'm thinking it's a round off bug by DB ?

Is this by design? or is this unintentional?

I did another test .. it would be nice if others conducted it too: (maybe it's just me, getting unlucky .. 20+ times in a row? O.o )

Borg Cube:
Crew:
Rura Penthe Reed
Either: Plutonium Kirk (for 20 accuracy), or Ardra (for 15 accuracy, but huge crit bonus)
Suus Mahna Sarek
Scientist Degra.

At 6s, activate Ardra/Kirk.
At 8s, activate Reed and Borg cutting laser.
This generally kills the shields, and starts on his hull
at 10s, he activates 30% dmg reduction.
at 10s, activate Sarek and Degra ..
This brings him down to 1 health instantly ... then he seems to survive until 16s, when the dmg reduction drops off.

To be sure, I tried it a 2nd time, this time activating Sarek and Degra later .. at like 14s ..
By that time, his hull was already almost dead .. (like 10 pts .. really, almost dead).
activate both ...
Oh look .. 1 health left .. still kicking.
O.o

This seems a bit .. "odd" to me ..

30% dmg reduction doesn't translate to "Reduce to the dmg to 0 if it would kill me".
It means if you're at 50 health, and you get hit by something for 100 dmg.
You take 70 dmg.
(100*.3 = 30 ... 100-30 = 70 dmg. 50-70 = dead .. not 1 health)

So is there some hidden ability of Proton's ship I'm not aware of? (wiki isn't up to date yet) ?
or is this a rounding error with the dmg reduction feature?

Comments

• NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Noticed the exact same thing. When the the "Accuracy + Reduce Hull Damage" is active it can't seem to die. I will see it reporting taking damage, usually something like 20. As soon as the ability ends, it usually goes right down. If I manage a crit before it triggers, it dies.

[Edit]
    Proton's Ship with ability on.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • weird, i'm having an oposite effect. My shields suddenly drop due to attack i guess, and then after 4 seconds the return. Didn't encounter that during phase 1
  • EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    Strange things are afoot with Captain Protons ship. I have played 3x and each time while I am cloaked, it shows that I am taking damage but when I uncloak, it disappears.

Also, I know I have taken some small hull damage from other battles but when it goes to the rewards screen my hull is showing completely intact. So I don't know. I am not using a guy with hull repair.... Bounty withT'Kuvma, Captain Proton, Killy, and Dr. Chaotica
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed an issue, but I have a setup that hits very hard, but late. Perhaps I ham hitting after the effect? I'll keep an eye out.
  • DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    NivenFres wrote: »
    Noticed the exact same thing. When the the "Accuracy + Reduce Hull Damage" is active it can't seem to die. I will see it reporting taking damage, usually something like 20. As soon as the ability ends, it usually goes right down. If I manage a crit before it triggers, it dies.

[Edit]

Very nice video showing it!! Thanks! I wasn't sure if it was just me!! LOL

Update on phase 2: I think they fixed it, I'm not seeing it having the same issue now ..

*shrug*
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Ditto wrote: »
    NivenFres wrote: »

[Edit]

Very nice video showing it!! Thanks! I wasn't sure if it was just me!! LOL

Update on phase 2: I think they fixed it, I'm not seeing it having the same issue now ..

*shrug*

I think the ship has different abilities in phase 2, but it definitely isn't happening.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Definitely has different abilities. Went from reducing hull damage to discount sheilds.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!