Home Fleet Central

(Starport) Currently Taking Reservations

Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2022 in Fleet Central
There is a lot of backstory I will skip over, but suffice to say many members of my old fleet have forged a new path through the galaxy, and have started a new fleet called Starport. Heck, we still have that new fleet smell!

Many fleets here recruit and offer up their advanced starbase as an incentive, but I will take the opposite tact; if you are finding the game stagnant and want a real challenge and are active and even passably social, why not take the fulfilling challenge of joining a small but growing brand new fleet and help us build up quite literally from day 1?

And while I have your attention, why not also join my squadron Ministry of Silly Spocks, a mash up of Star Trek and Monty Python?!

Anyway, thank you for your time. We're still unboxing all of our gear in the new starbase so my attention is needed there, but please feel free to contact me with any questions and by all means, if this sounds like something you want to be a part of, please do not hesitate to join us, our only real request is that you be active daily, be social, and take pride in being a part of something worthwhile.

- Bylo

Comments

• Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I'd like to take a moment to tell you all about the kind of people we have in Starport.

The founding members of Starport all met in their old fleet, (FLEET NAME REDACTED!). All of them were active in fleet chat, helped out, contributed, and generally had a good time playing. Over time though it became harder and harder for our intrepid heroes to ignore the monumental inactivity of most of the people in the fleet, including the fleet admiral, (FLEET ADMIRAL NAME REDACTED!).

Though our heroes were discouraged, they did not let this break them apart. Despite being in a fleet where the admiral logged in twice a week and was 100% non-engaging with people, where an overwhelming majority of squadron leaders had not logged in for over a month, and where the admiral refused to kick out the deadweight, the future founders of Starport hatched a plan to address the situation.

Future Starport members worked tirelessly in fleet chat and private messages to attempt to get the admiral to realize his errors and work to correct them while also keeping in touch with the few active members willing to engage.

After over a month of effort it was decided that the fleet was dead, but rather than go their separate ways, every effort was made to keep the core group together. Emails were shared, plans were made, and finally on the glorious date of September 3, 2018, the exodus occurred and Starport was born!

Starport is founded on the camaraderie that comes from a desire to stand with your friends in times of trouble rather than turn away. The members of Starport survived the crucible of (FLEET NAME REDACTED!) and fought to remain together, and now you have the opportunity to join this loyal and friendly group!

I will not sugarcoat it, we have essentially taken over Terok Nor, our starbase is in shambles and our numbers are few. All this means is that we have a challenge to overcome, and you have the opportunity to get in on the ground floor and really be a part of something special. Join Starport, help us build our fleet, and take pride in knowing you really had an impact on something meaningful.
    ANCHOR LADY: Updating our top story, we go now to Arthur Sheds reporting live from the Starport starbase.

ARTHUR: Thank you Anchor Lady! That's right, we've had a major development here at the Starport starbase as not one but TWO captains have joined the ranks of this up and coming fleet. First it was Captain Kaos who was followed shortly thereafter by Captain Captain.

ANCHOR LADY: Sorry Arthur but at this late hour do you have word on their squadron situations?

ARTHUR: Yes Anchor Lady, it seems shortly after signing up, Captain Kaos was quickly recruited into the Ministry of Silly Spocks squadron. No word yet on which direction Captain Captain will go but the experts I've spoken to think that the NCC 40521 squadron has the inside track. Back to you in the studio.

ANCHOR LADY: Well, we'll be sure to check back with Arthur throughout the day for continued updates on this exciting story! And now, here is footage of a water skiiing watermelon!
    edited September 2018
    In a STUNNING turn of events, Captain Captain did NOT choose the NCC 40521 squadron, Captain Captain chose the S.S. Botany Bay squadron!

All kidding aside (for now!) if you want to be a part of building a great fleet and really feel like you are a part of something, why not come check us out in Starport? Our fleet might only be 3 days old, but our core has been together for months, and we would welcome anybody who wants to be a apart of our journey.
    ANCHOR LADY: Breaking news at this hour, we go now to our reporter on the scene, Arthur Sheds. Arthur?

ARTHUR (to a random passerby): So anyway yeah, that is why I don't buy barbecue flavored yogurt anymore...huh?

ANCHOR LADY: *coughs*

ARTHUR: Oh, we're live?! We are live here at the starbase of Starport! We've just learned of some breaking news at this hour...

ANCHOR LADY: I just told them that 20 seconds ago!

ARTHUR: Right! A representative of Starport has authorized me to read the following release: "We here at Starport are thrilled to announce the completion of our first starbase upgrade. It took literally hours to build and we are just excited that the long, arduous process is finally behind us, thank you."

ANCHOR LADY: Wait, that's it?!

ARTHUR: Seems so...no wait, there is more on the back. Apparently they are also pleased to report the addition of a new member, Captain StClair. Captain StClair has taken a valued seat in the NCC 40521 squadron! Oh yeah, that is exciting news! Why didn't they lead with this? Anyway, back to the studio!

ANCHOR LADY: Thank you (I guess), Arthur Sheds. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming, where I'm told world famous chef Julia Fieri is going to show us all how to make soup in a toaster!
  • Capt. WolfCapt. Wolf ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Admiral A See Ya, it appears the O2 levels on Bylo's ship maybe lower than required. Either that or he has been growing funny mushrooms in the hydroponics bay. Shore leave on Risa maybe required. Capt. Wolf out.

So it turns out that there was a bit of a paperwork snafu. Embarrassing, really. Apparently Captain Captain's name is actually 'wart'. Fear not intrepid readers, a new name tag for wart has been ordered!

In happier news, I am pleased to report that Starport, a fleet that was FOUNDED on September 3, 2018 with only 6 players, is currently ranked 936 in this weekend event! If you are at all interested in joining a new fleet, this is the caliber of player you'd be joining. Our original band of 6 with the addition of 3 outstanding new players is already outperforming our old fleet which had 38 players at our departure!

Seriously, we are on the rise, and we'd love for you to be a part of it!

(Sorry this one isn't very funny, I'm super busy today, I will do better tomorrow)
    edited September 2018
    OK, so I need to apologize again for this entry not being all that entertaining, but I was asked by two members of our fleet {shameless plug}WHICH COULD BE YOUR FLEET TOO{/shameless plug} to proudly proclaim that our brand new fleet of 9 members (basically only 7 contributing) including 3 new players is currently ranked sub 1,000 in A Changeling in Time, and is actually doing better in this event than we ever did in our old fleet of 38-42 members!

We are KILLING IT! You could be a part of it!

We are also only 19 somethings-or-other away from our second starbase upgrade already!

JOIN STARPORT, FOR REAL!
    edited September 2018
    ANCHOR LADY: Welcome back,...

AUDIENCE: THANK YOU!

ANCHOR LADY: ...In a moment we will be playing part 15 of our compelling interview with noted cereal chef Sporks Mackenzie, but first we go to our own intrepid reporter Arthur Sheds, who is once again at the Starport starbase. Arthur?

ARTHUR SHEDS: Thank you very much, Anchor Lady. Incidentally, are you guys ever going to send a car to pick me up after these stories, I've been stranded here for almost a week?

ANCHOR LADY: Only good reporters get cars.

ARTHUR SHEDS: I see, I guess I'll have to figure something out on my own then.

ANCHOR LADY: GET ON WITH IT!

ARTHUR SHEDS: Oh, are we in Scene 24? In any case, there are some noteworthy items worth noting...

ANCHOR LADY: *eye roll*

ARTHUR SHEDS: ...at the Starport starbase today. First, the fleet is busy celebrating their 954th place finish in the recent "A Changeling in Time" event. I'm told the fleet is thrilled with this result, given how new their fleet is, how few players they currently have, and how, and I quote, "This result, achieved with one-fourth as many players, is better than ANY result they ever had with FLEET NAME REDACTED."

ANCHOR LADY: You could have just said 'their old fleet.'

ARTHUR SHEDS: It was a direct quote!

ANCHOR LADY: They actually said 'FLEET NAME REDACTED'?!

ARTHUR SHEDS: Yes, they all speak like that over here.

ANCHOR LADY: Whose quote is that anyway?

ARTHUR SHEDS: A good reporter never reveals his sources, you know that!

ANCHOR LADY: We'll talk about your journalistic integrity should you ever make it back to the studio.

ARTHUR SHEDS: Ouch! In other Starport news, the group are also thrilled to announce the second addition to their starbase as the Airponics Bay has been elevated to level 1

ANCHOR LADY: Oh, that IS nice!

ARTHUR SHEDS: And in closing, it is with a heavy heart that I must report the sacking of Captain StClair. Nobody I've spoken to knows or is willing to share the details, other than Captain StClair was let go by the group earlier this morning. On a lighter note however, an undrafted free agent named Captain Captain was quickly signed off waivers shortly afterward, so Starport is still nine strong! Back to you in the studio *mouths to the camera* (send help!).
    It's been a really rough last 24 hours. I'll try and get motivated to be the Starport hype man again tomorrow, but for today, let me just say that my fleet has really been supportive all day, basically like a second family. If that sounds like an experience you want for yourself in a social game, come join Starport. If you are active at all and engaging even a tiny bit in fleet chat, you will have friends for life.

Our starbase might not be great yet, but one day it will be, and you could help make it great and become part of our family. It's a pretty awesome deal, really. You can gain access to a starbase in any fleet, but you can get a starbase and good friends in Starport, friends who take time out of their day to make sure you are doing OK.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    TO: Everyone on the Fleets sub-forum

DATE: Today

RE: Updates!
    ________________________________________________________________________________________

Today, Starport had its wart removed. No, this is not a meta HIPAA violation, it is a roster update! Sadly, friend wart (I promise I am not lower-casing this intentionally - well OK technically I AM doing it intentionally, but only because the player spelled it that way!) was reduced in rank to ex-friend, and sacked. It always hurts to let them go, but we do what we must.

In other news, it turns out Captain Captain was really named JasoN this entire time! All I can assume is "some kind of" Law of Conservation of Capital Letters is in effect at our starbase, and the capital letter that SHOULD have been used by wart was forced onto friend JasoN by a cruel and unforgiving universe.

Keep on truckin' folks! Although in kindness, you may want to upgrade from a truck to a starship, I can't imagine space battles will go very favorably in a truck.
    S O U P
    T A C O
    A F A R
    R U S T
    jqhhvpcol6rd.jpg
  • Interested. Jane of Arc. Started 2 weeks back, Lvl 34, rank around 6k in current Valdore tournament. Thanks.
    Interested. Jane of Arc. Started 2 weeks back, Lvl 34, rank around 6k in current Valdore tournament. Thanks.

We definitely have a home for you!
    OK, so today's update will not be entertaining, my apologies.

I am THRILLED to report that BIG THINGS are happening with Starport, and it is not too late to get in on the fun!

First, we are a proud group and we say all the time that we are welcoming, friendly, helpful, and work together, so in that spirit I am excited to report that we have recently added THREE new players this week that have all had made a big impact on our fleet already. Right as the event was starting we first added Captain Nick. B.A. Jannsen and then shortly thereafter we added Autumn. Both are new players and have been active in game and in fleet chat. But then during the event we added experienced player Jane of Arc, who made a real impact immediately and really helped our fleet push a great result across the finish line.

Which brings me to the second big news, that being a fleet of effectively 10 (spoiler alert, tomorrow's update is likely to be about losing an inactive player) including two brand new players we still pushed hard and achieved a finish fleet rank of 620! You read that correctly, we achieved a rank of 620, beating out far more experienced and far more populated fleets! We are on the rise, and if you want to be a part of this, we want you!

We are growing, we are determined, and we are a great place to make friends. Contact me if this sounds like an experience you are interesting in being a part of!
    Took a few days off, sorry to all who were looking forward to the daily updates! It's been a rough week, to say the least.

In the last five days we've added not one, not two, but THREE new people...and dismissed Captain Kaos for not logging in for over 7 straight days. Our new people are a welcome addition and are all fitting in well in their own unique ways.

BIG NEWS! We just built level 1 of the Industrial Replicator! Starbase level is now FOUR!

Anybody can join a fleet with a maxed starbase and just go through the motions. If that is what you are looking for in a game, more power to you. HOWEVER, if you are interested in joining a tight-knit group, making meaningful contributions to a growing fleet, and making a difference, the check us out, we'd love to welcome you into our team!
    Hooray. We are doing quite well, building up our starbase, training up some new recruits. Blah blah blah, you don't care. But if you do care, consider joining maybe? We are a fun group and we genuinely care about each other.
    edited October 2018
    Sorry for my extended absence everyone, but I took advantage of that time away. As the NEW title to this recruitment thread states, I was very busy these last few weeks assembling and writing a comprehensive 35 page guide to playing Star Trek Timelines, and I am only making this guide available to members of Starport.

If you are new to the game and are looking for a home, join Starport today, get yourself a copy of "Bylo's Guide to Most Things", and immediately start seeing improved results! The guide covers everything from the bare bones basics to event strategies and chroniton farming.

Also, since I am reacquainting everyone with our fleet, we too have been busy while this thread was temporarily gathering dust. Of starbase is up to level 13 already, we've been consistently placing very high in events each week given our status and low player count, and our community has really come together.

It is still a great time to join Starport! Please check us out or message me with any questions or for recruiting details.
    Hey, hey, hey! Good times!

Starport has added TWO new players in the last 24 hours!

If you are a new player or even one who has been playing for a while but struggling to get a foothold, come check us out, Introduce yourself, contribute to our community in chat, become part of our team. We'll be happy to give any member of our team a copy of Bylo's Guide to Most Things (V1.1) to assist you in any/all aspects of the game, from the basics up to event strategies and chroniton farming help!
    Happy to report that not only is v1.1 of the guide is now available, but v1.2 is in the works and promises will contain an entirely new section!
    Just to keep you updated, the fleetmates who have already received a copy of v1.0 of the guide have all reported favorable early results in their performance, and the new material for v1.2 is going to be hugely beneficial once I manage to sift through all the material and am able to present it in a useful way :)

If you are relatively new to the game and are not quite sure what to do, how to play, how to be effective, how to maximize your effort, and really feel a desire to get better AND be a part of a growing and tight-knit group, there will never be a better opportunity! Join Starport today, become part of the team, get yourself a huge leg up with a comprehensive game guide, and take your game to new heights!
    The new version of the guide is up to 40 pages. I am about 50% of the way through the new material, and I have a handful of additions to make to the existing material from the first version. It is constantly being worked on and improved upon.

If you feel you are missing game information or feel your game could use some help to kick it into a higher gear, join Starport, become a member of our community, and get yourself a copy of this immersive and beneficial game guide!
    edited November 2018
    Amazing times for us in Starport! Our numbers have SWELLED in the last 36 hours, we are up to 17 members (up from 12 three days ago!) and we've got some very promising new recruits!

Our starbase is starting to really take off as well, and as a further incitement to encourage recruiting we have set aside other starbase projects in favor of building up the next level on our Industrial Replicator, so fear not if you enjoy your replicator, we are thinking of you even before you join up and working on that now.

Now is the perfect time to join us, we've got some new blood, renewed drive, and and core group with a singular mission. You can be a part of our success. Join up, be active, chat with folks, boast about your Gauntlet wins, brag about your Arena ranking, celebrate your voyage spoils, we want you to hear about your victories, and we want you to have them while flying our flag!
    edited November 2018
    As the NEW title to this thread states, the latest version of my game guide "Bylo's Guide to Most Things" has been revised, and is now a whopping 43 pages long! In addition to a few updates to existing sections the biggest update by far in the latest version is an entire section detailing ship abilities!

In other news, we've recently added several new recruits! We are growing, and you can be a part of our family AND get yourself a detailed game guide! consider joining Starport today!!
    Work has begun on the third version of the guide.

In other news, our fleet is growing yet again! In the last week we added two very solid new players who were are thrilled have chosen to join our family.

For any potential players considering joining Starport I want to pass along that we have prioritized work on our Industrial Replicator to make it more inciting for people, as we know joining a newer fleet can be a struggle with replicator uses. Level 1 was built weeks ago and level 2 is well underway.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    How much is "passably social"? I prefer not to chat much at all. I'm currently looking for a new Fleet but I prefer to just do my part and stay out of chat.
  • You don't need to chat at all if you don't want to but we do enjoy great banter. We also answer questions and give advice on game play as a fleet and also within squadrons. We are fun. We're silly. We're supportive of each other within game play and personally. We also have this crazy Ferengi named Polt who keeps thing interesting.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, Captain Magnus has joined your ranks.
    Welcome aboard! Also, welcome to the squadron B)
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks.