Home Ready Room

Galaxy Event Question

In a 2 phase galaxy event such as the one coming tomorrow, do the rare rewards you crafted during phase 1 carry over to phase 2 if I did not turn them in for VP in phase 1? Or, oo I need to turn them all in for VP in phase 1 to get VP?

Comments

• Yes they do, you can turn them in whenever you want until the end of the event
  • Also, there is a SMALL benefit to carrying them over to phase 2 before turning them in mathematically. However, if you don't already have the threshold event crew at all, getting them 3/4 faster during phase 1 may offset that benefit if you're using them heavily in crafting items and they will have a higher % rare item drop rate during phase 1.
  • There is also the ever-growing gamesmanship of waiting to turn in all your rares at the end to obscure your ranking until the last possible moment. It is the chief reason the last hour of a galaxy or hybrid event is EXTREMELY volatile.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are playing for the new purple crew, turn them in as you go so that you can level your crew faster and take advantage of the free gear. If you are playing for top 1000, save them. Last time I went for top 1000 and saved. This time I will not; Wayune does not interest me.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    The disadvantage to holding onto your rares to turn in at the last minute, is that it also hides your rank from yourself. If you hoard a lot of them, then turn in at the last minute, you might find you WAY overspent chrons and overshot top 1000, and got rank 300 or something, which is a waste of time and resources when you're only aiming to get the legendary.

Exactly! I totally overshot a couple of weeks ago and spent around 9,000 chrons for rank 300. Conversely during the last event I was sitting at rank 745 with an hour to go and thought I was safe....guess who was furiously crafting for the last 10 minutes!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • I ussually hold them until afer the change, then turn them in, and know where I am and where I need to be.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I just wanted to add ...

- If you still have rare items over after turning them in at the start of Phase 2;
    - There are multiple factions active Phase 2.
    - You don't want to/can't craft more.

--> Go to one of the other factions and hand them in there ... the crafting requirement has not started to increase there yet!

Example
    You've used all your rares on one faction (e.g. Federation) and are up to needing 15 to craft one "super rare" ... you still have 6 rares left but no chronitons to craft more items.
    Go to another faction (e.g. Augment) and hand in those 6 rares ... because you can make 2 more (3 per "super rare") for a total of 1470 VP.
    Not much, but hey, why not.

Also, if you want to go Thresholds and out, and are not bothered with immortalising the Threshold crew straight away, you can aim for the following:
    100k VP and 100 rares ... those rares will get you the 30k you need at the start of Phase 2 to complete threshold rewards.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    The disadvantage to holding onto your rares to turn in at the last minute, is that it also hides your rank from yourself. If you hoard a lot of them, then turn in at the last minute, you might find you WAY overspent chrons and overshot top 1000, and got rank 300 or something, which is a waste of time and resources when you're only aiming to get the legendary.

Or even worse, you think you have enough to hit the spot and then find that you are still nowhere near. That happened to me last week and I had to go on a major crafting session for the last hour!