Home Engineering Room

Known Issue with 6.1.0. on Android: No more device notifications?

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2018 in Engineering Room
I used to get notifications for shuttle returns, voyage dilemmas, and such things. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and now I don't get notifications. Can anyone tell me either how to fix it? If not, can you join me in asking to fix this and bring notifications back?
Farewell 🖖

Comments

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I did check the device settings (Android) and notifications are allowed for the app.
    Farewell 🖖
  • I came here to report the same thing. Cost me 4 dilithium refills already.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
    I came here to report the same thing. Cost me 4 dilithium refills already.

Don't say that. They might decide it's a good way to get players to spend, lol.

But now that you mention it... Maybe I'll go the opposite direction. In another thread, I mentioned that I plan to spend on the Spock event. Maybe this will change my mind. It'll be harder to be competitive. If I can't be competitive, why spend money that won't really get me anywhere?
    Farewell 🖖
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is indeed an issue with 6.1.0 on android :( It will be fixed with a future client. I do not have an ETA.
    Thank you for letting us know the status. Here's to hoping the fix comes soon. :smile:
    Farewell 🖖
    Thank you, Rex. I could not find that thread when I searched. I heard that it started in June, but it appears to be much older.
    Farewell 🖖
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    For this occurrence it seems a bit more widespread, and does not only affect Voyages notifications.
    Just lost a voyage because of this issue. Decided not to buy the $25 event pack.
    Farewell 🖖
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    They appear for me.

On an Android device?
    If so, don't uninstall the game, @FUNimations . They may not work when you reinstall.
    Farewell 🖖
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has now been fixed and requires to install our newest android client, v6.1.1.
    I'm updated. I'll find out in 90ish minutes if the fix works. If so, I'll be getting that event pack that I had my eye on. :smile:
    Farewell 🖖
  • edited November 2018
    I updated with four shuttles out, and still received no notifications when they returned.

I'll check back in half an hour when my next round of shuttles is due back.

Edit: Just got a notification that my shuttles returned, so yay!
  • Did the update and still no notifications.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the update and still no notifications.

Did you maybe send out the shuttles prior to updating?
    I have not received notifications, but so far everything was sent out prior to update. Will check back in about half an hour.
    Farewell 🖖
  • [QH] Captain Ziggy[QH] Captain Ziggy ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Can't get the update to install. Anyone else?
    v2oyknxyq97l.jpg

Edit: Fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalled
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
    I did not get a notification. I sent out another round, but my hopes are not high.

I installed the update, restarted the app, and restarted my phone. So far, nothing has worked.
    Farewell 🖖
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not get a notification. I sent out another round, but my hopes are not high.

I installed the update, restarted the app, and restarted my phone. So far, nothing has worked.

Which device is that, and for good measure have you verified that somehow notifications have not been turned off for STT?
  • edited November 2018
    Samsung Galaxy S9, did the update, already had 8 shuttles out and a voyage. Did the update, waited an hour past when the dilemma for the voyage should have happened and no notifications, opened app and there was a dilemma waiting. Will retry with fresh shuttles/voyage when available. Also checked to make sure notifications were still enabled.
  • If so, don't uninstall the game, @FUNimations . They may not work when you reinstall.

Yep, on a Huawei P9Lite. And it really caught my eye, as it has been a while since i actually notice them.
    Every morning i'dd wake up with shuttle notifications since i got 6.1.0, before they showed more on a random basis.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK let's keep on adding to this thread please with as much details as possible.

I tried sending out 1 shuttle mission from the event, no boost, and I correctly received the push notification when it came back.

v6.1.1 installed
    Motox4
    Android 8.1.0
    Moto Z2 Force - I did check and notifications are still on for the app. I just got another shuttle back with no notification.
    fhtninlww0xq.png
    Farewell 🖖
  • My Samsung Galaxy 9 is showing notifications.
  • Is this about the notification sound or the 'Boldly Go - your shuttle/voyage has returned' pop up? I get the pop up (sometimes) but haven't gotten the sound notification since the last update

v6.1.1 installed
    LG Leon LTE
  • ha shuttles returned, no notification

• Some images to add. my device Huawei p9lite.
    rzvwh64yrhq2.jpg
    x6nawovmhd7r.png
    gbq0npqjik8w.png
    Like i sadi before, i'm getting notifications BEFORE the 6.1.1 update. My screen was off when the shuttles returned.
    4 shuttles where send out.
    all 4 with 1* time boosts.
    All 4 got a notification, although when the first notification lit up my screen i immediatly unlocked my phone, and that one disappeared. For the others i let my screen lit up and go out again, those notifications remained for me to take phot's/screenshot of them. All 4 succeeded.
    Althougg this morning i got 4 notifications as well,a dn some opf them failed.
    Update: uninstalled and reinstalled app. (What do I have to lose?) Will post details about whether or not notifications work.

Related side note: I've played another game where you could select which notifications you receive. For example, you could be notified of voyage dilemmas and low antimatter, but not gauntlet refresh. It would be very nice if DB would spend some of the proceeds from this event (which has all the hallmarks of huge profit) to enhance player's experience and game interface.
    Farewell 🖖