Home Ready Room

Andorian Battle Cruiser - where do I find the schematics to level it up?

edited November 2018 in Ready Room
I'm a 5+ year GoTA player that crossed over to STT, after DB gifted us with starter packs here. Since I'm a Trek fan, too, I decided to give it a try. I was able to participate in the last event, in which I gained some cool and seemingly essential star ships and crew.

I have been able to find my way around the game fairly well but, the one thing I can't find is where to go for the schematics to upgrade my Andorian Battle Cruiser. I've checked the wiki, which says they are from a moon orbiting Andoria but, Andoria is not in our list of planets to explore and buy items. I do know the Andorians were founders of the Federation of Planets so, I have been exploring the Federation areas of the game to find schematics to no avail.

Can anyone please tell me where to find/acquire the schematics for my ship? It's the most powerful ship I have but, it needs an upgrade. I only need 25 more schematics to upgrade it.

In-game: Captain Selena Yar
Alliance: The Watchers of Venus

* if anyone wishes to befriend me, I'm in the Gauntlet.

Comments

• [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Schems for the Kumari are currently available in regular premium rewards packs, but so are a lot of others so you could get some with one pull or none with a dozen.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might get lucky and get it in the Dabo. Also try to get Voyage dilemmas that reward schematics.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might get lucky and get it in the Dabo. Also try to get Voyage dilemmas that reward schematics.

Schems for that ship aren’t available in Dabo or Voyages.
  • edited November 2018
    Hmmm ... so,another words, I have to spend Dilithium on a premium pack to get the schematics, with no guarantees that's what I'll get. I don't understand why that is. It seems I can gain schematics for my other ships by voyages or PvP. This bums me out. If I have to buy them, then I should be able to choose what I want. No self-respecting space explorer buys supplies without a shopping list in hand. There's no logic in it. Even in the Delta Quadrant, beings find out where the supplies are they need before traveling to acquire them. :s
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    To my knowledge, no 5* ship schematics other than those available on launch day have been added to the Dabo wheel pool or any voyage dilemma rewards. They are added to the premium portal pool alongside crew updates, which happen every 6-9 months, but nobody at DB has thought to (or knows how to) add them elsewhere.

Whatever you do, don’t buy a schematics-only pack in the time portal to chase the featured event ship. However...now that I think about it, the ship schematics pack for this weekend’s event may actually be a more cost-effective way of starting your long road to Kumari ownership. No pesky crew will get in the way and it’s probably actually going to be full of valuable schematics for a new player such as yourself. Just don’t expect to get a level 1 Enterprise-A (never mind one at a higher level) - such is the way to disappointment.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    The voyages dilemmas do have the NX-01 Enterprise in them, but for the most part, dillemas and dabo just have the "classic" ships.

Check the arena schedules to see if any "premium" ships you might want are coming around...for example, the Hirogen Warship will be featured in Captain in January, and February should be added to the table soon.

Finally, with minimum event participation you can get a free 10x premium pull from community rewards in galaxy events like the current one. If you're only 25 away from, you might get lucky.

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB changes arena rewards every month. Eventually it will be as arena rewards.
    Let’s fly!
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine you've gotten the gist from the prior replies, but the bottom-line answer is... patience. You will likely get a maxed 5* ship from Dabo long before you get the Kumari maxed via portals. (Incidentally, you don't have to use dilithium - events and gauntlet are great ways to acquire free portal pulls.) I agree with your sentiment (as do we all) that you should be able to shop for the thing(s) you want rather than rely purely on RNG to deliver, but that's not how we do it here in STT. :o
  • Thank you all for your replies! It's the first of April now so, I've found my way around the game better, and acquired quite a few more ships from events, voyages, and dabo. My primary ship now is the Borg Cube. The problem I have now is leveling up the ships I use for the Arena. I'm kinda stuck where I'm at, simply because I cannot move forward until the ships are leveled up more. And, of course, it's always hit or miss on when the ones I need are going to drop. As I have made my way around the Universe, I have noticed that the missions don't really have any premium ship schematics, UNLESS they are at higher levels than I am able to play ..? I don't really know, because I can't go there, and I can't go there until my crew is more developed, which I am attempting to desperately do. It's a slow tedious process, to be sure. I suppose that the Andorian schematics will come around again some time but, I really don't even use that ship much any more except for Voyages that require it. I guess there is no recourse but to be patient, as you said, and wait for the drops I need to come to me.
  • Best way to get ship schems is Dabo for bounty, Borg cube and ferengi ship. Than you can get some with voyages on specific dilemmas. After that its packs and arena.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    To echo @Glenn Fiddich -- Dabo is your answer at this stage of gameplay. Spin twice a day -- once with credits, once for free by watching an ad. Borg Cube, HMS Bounty, D'Kora Krayton, ISS Enterprise, and the Prakesh are all in there. Eventually you will get one of your legendary ships to Level 10.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends