Home The Holodeck

Nonbelievers and other religions don't you dismay!

I'm so glad it appears Religion of the World made it in the game..Nonbelievers and other Religions Don't You Dismay!

Gene Roddenberry apparently thought that religions of the world would go away by the time "Star Trek" takes place (thousands of years from now.) I believe the correct or true narratives of all major religions overlap, so there is room for all of them. Furthermore, people have a right not to believe in God or not profess it outwardly. Those that wonder about religion, Agonistics, well, doesn't that also make sense that some of us don't know for sure everything about religion? But, let us get religion right, not heresay, nor the true religion turned on its side. In the U.S., we believe in not discriminating - and I hope this is still true - against others for their creed or religion. I truly believe there is room for them all: major religions. Whatever you believe, or don't, let us be kind, work well together, or at very least coexist. Let us not bicker over religion. It should be about Goodness, Light, and Peace, and such, if anything at all. Religion can be unfortunately a highly charged issue at times; let us not go down that road and except people as equals, regardless of race (be it alien,) creed, or color. If you celebrate anything at anytime, the best to you then!

A Merry Xindi Holiday, Whenever That May Be!

Best Treks! - Turen LLAP
Admiral Turen Counterpoint at Avalon's Galactic Armada and Captain of the U.S.S. Divinity

Comments

• Umm, what?
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one here is bickering over religion.

This thread is more likely to start an issue than fix one.

I will now ignore it.
  • No one here is bickering over religion.

This thread is more likely to start an issue than fix one.

I will now ignore it.

You may be right, nothing more needs to be said. I just wanted players, who felt left out, to know how one player feels and thinks about the issue. A discussion about this, you may be right, is a can of worms. Duly noted. All the Best Treks, Turen (don't mean to pull you back in...LLAP)
    Admiral Turen Counterpoint at Avalon's Galactic Armada and Captain of the U.S.S. Divinity
  • I can definitely appreciate the sentiment, and I'm all for finding common ground where it is available. The only thing I take issue with is the assertion that "Religion of the World made it in the game." Apart from some offhand (and primarily non-canon) character names, I don't find that to be true at all in terms of present-day world religious faiths.
  • Almost a AngelAlmost a Angel ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I agree Religion is Heresy. However the Gospel of Christ shall stand for all Eternity. You can not dismiss God.
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Thousands of years from now in Star Trek?!

Edit: I find that comment most offensive. ;-)
  • Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    A Thousand years? 2260 is not quite that far off.

And I can't tell if you're trying to start a conversation or controversy, because some of your statements are either flat wrong or inflammatory.

But hey, Merry Christmas anyway. 😉
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!