Home Ready Room

begold help Arachnida Janeway, phoenix Cochrane or enterprise e picard

Any of these in particular scream to be selected?

Comments

• Any advice please?
  • Depends on where you're weakest, but I'd lean Arachnia in a vacuum. If you really need ENG, you can go Cochrane. All three are pretty underpowered, honestly.
  • Chose Cochrane, thanks for reply 😀
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would probably have gone with Cochrane, too, but I don't have a lot of strong Janeway or Picard.
  • He seems to be good for doing a lot of locked mission nodes so that helps.
  • Cochrane also. My rationalization has to do with collections. He is in two.
  • Hope1010 wrote: »
    Cochrane also. My rationalization has to do with collections. He is in two.

Awesome! Didn't realise that.
  • easypeasy wrote: »
    Hope1010 wrote: »

Innovator and Inspiring
    easypeasy wrote: »

Innovator and Inspiring

While true, for me, collections are near the bottom of my considerations for legendaries, as it takes so much time, luck, and resources to immortalize them. In my opinion super rares eligible for collections are a much bigger deal.
    easypeasy wrote: »

Innovator and Inspiring

While true, for me, collections are near the bottom of my considerations for legendaries, as it takes so much time, luck, and resources to immortalize them. In my opinion super rares eligible for collections are a much bigger deal.

Understandable. However, when you have a legendary behold presented to you, what do you do? I simply go for the one that will appear in my collection. Even though, I will likely never be able to immortalize them all my legendaries, it's still fun.

To date, I have all 1*, 46 2*, 72 3*, 28 4*, and 1 5*. I have been playing for about 7 months and I love trying to collect them all.
  • Ensure you consider event use when thinking about Legendaries. As mentioned it's very difficult to get them to maxed for a collection (unless they're super powered crew you're going to citation). Legendaries are helpful as variant crew in hybrid/faction events, even when partially fused. Until fully fused, they do nothing at all for collections.

Cochrane is in almost no events. Janeway and Picard are both in a lot of them, but Picard's stats are bottom of the barrel unless you've got a really small crew. If you don't have both of the recent mega event legendary ENG powerhouse base crew I might have gone with Cochrane, but he's totally overshadowed by them for non-main crew shuttle ENG so is not likely to get much use except in another pilot event (we just had one). Janeway has not been featured in an event in a long time (over a year), so she's far more likely to come up soon.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m with Synthetic Commander here and would have recommended Janeway. Despite the preponderance of DIP powerhouses (Sarah Sisko, Xindi Insectoid Councilor, Professor Sato, etc.), a 5/5* Arachnia is a good DIP/COM crew and goes on many voyages for me. No matter how much better those other crew are, they can’t help you if they’re not actually on your ship.

All that being said, Phoenix Cochrane is the next best choice. Even if you do have Etana Jol or Ru’afo, having more ENG-heavy crew won’t hurt you.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Synthetic, McLarge and Dirk on this one ...

I would have gone with Janeway each time.

- Lest we forget ... we just got a really good ENG base crew for free! Seven in Silver (at 1/5 she is at 983 ENG base for me - my current active #4), which in turn frees up both Etana and Ru'afo (or other good 3-skill ENG crew) for Voyage-only duty.
    You also just picked up Braxton, no ENG slouch either (for Voyages).

- Traits are not worth it. As far as I know, almost all locked nodes in the game can be passed by 4/4 crew (with luck) ... and once you unlock a node it is just warp 1 (or warp 10) for that mission from then on ... i.e. no need for that crew anymore.

- Janeway for events for sure (as mentioned that Picard is kinda poor and won't feature much amongst your event crew during a Picard event).

- Yes, collections are interesting, and I do consider them ... but Cochrane's will continually have new crew added to them over time (general traits) ... Janeway's is very limited to very specific crew, so arguably more useful in that case ... and you need 'em all to complete her collection.

- (personal opinion) On top of that, I like the art for Janeway and she looks like a cool crew to own.

Yes, Cochrane is decent and you wil get some use out of him, I have The Traveller who is similar and is on Voyages (especially during Faction event weekends). So not a bad choice at all and you should be set for ENG for a while now (unless you manage to come across a good La Forge in a future begold). :)