Home The Bridge

Upcoming Mega-Event Tease!

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
6fw2tw5ayn36.png

An ambitious Klingon seeks to reforge the Empire in his own image. Will you rise to meet this would-be ruler? Ignoring his threats would be unwise.

Comments

• /SSR/ AHSOG/SSR/ AHSOG ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Kol, really? Bah, poor choice.

kol-on-the-bridge-star-trek-discovery-s1e9.jpg
  • 🍿
  • With the Klingons having hair in S2, and all the negative Fan opinions on the hairless S1 Klingons, why would DB feature Kol vs. one of the updated S2 Klingons? DB just likes to be controversial?
  • Rumor has it Kol is back in S2 anyways, should use his theoretical S2 appearance.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kol, really? Bah, poor choice.

kol-on-the-bridge-star-trek-discovery-s1e9.jpg

Why, that Klingon dead, y'all.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
    Shan wrote: »
    6fw2tw5ayn36.png

An ambitious Klingon seeks to reforge the Empire in his own image. Will you rise to meet this would-be ruler? Ignoring his threats would be unwise.

Seriously?!?!? The Season Two Discovery Launch Tie-In is SEASON ONE REHASH?!?!?
    All of the speculation/requests for the 5* in a Disco mega and I don't think anyone asked for another space orc. Here's hoping he's decent.

Here's hoping they figure out what SEASON just premiered.........
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sigh* Again with the Klingons...

I'm wondering - leftover art from season one? It just seems kind of odd that DB'd go to the trouble of commissioning Kol art now, after he's been exploded for like half a year. But if the art was done way back and just not chosen for use at the time, that seems more likely.
  • So it will probably be a DSC-Klingon mega. That could mean LOTS of bonus crew, if all Klingons or all DSC characters apply :D
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    *shrug* Kol is on my wish list. Dunno that I needed him to be a mega Legendary, but whatevs.
  • I would have prefered another character too, but let's be honest, they don't usually pick one that people would be willing to pay for to give away 4 free copies of.

And I guess it takes some time to have the art and everything else ready for an event, so I don't think there will be many additions from season 2, except maybe for some characters that were already in the trailer or in the Short Treks.

Timelines is still missing a lot of interesting character versions from season 1, so if they will be added during the mega then I'm happy enough :)
    edited January 2019
    I'ma just point out L'Real became Chancellor around a year {maybe longer} AFTER Kol was free atoms dribbling into Pahvo's atmosphere.

Just saying.
  • Assuming it's Kol (it's Disco: (apparent) death is not permanent), any guesses on skills? He might be the big SEC that's been missing from recent Megas (MJP was the last to have it any better than tertiary) given his fight with Burnham. Not sure how he'd have anything other than CMD and/or DIP, unless he made the food that he brought over to T'Kuvma's ship.
  • Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Assuming it's Kol (it's Disco: (apparent) death is not permanent), any guesses on skills? He might be the big SEC that's been missing from recent Megas (MJP was the last to have it any better than tertiary) given his fight with Burnham. Not sure how he'd have anything other than CMD and/or DIP, unless he made the food that he brought over to T'Kuvma's ship.

Tertiary DIP is a bit of a stretch for his character, but I hope he will have three skills. And I agree with you that the only possible ones would be CMD-SEC or SEC-CMD and maybe DIP.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Kaitee wrote: »

I'm wondering - leftover art from season one? It just seems kind of odd that DB'd go to the trouble of commissioning Kol art now, after he's been exploded for like half a year. But if the art was done way back and just not chosen for use at the time, that seems more likely.

Loved the reference to the Simpsons "Star Trek 12: So Very Tired"

This is a crap choice for the recurring mega character though, and it's fresh off another bad choice with Etana Jol... Blahhhhh
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bad, I hate space orcs.
    More bad. season one boringness.

The good, I have three metric buttloads of event crew.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean that we might finally get a Klingon collection?

Seriously, it's an absolute travesty that we still don't have a Klingon collection.

a Klingon collection would be a pretty great way to have a new unique character as a reward for hitting super high numbers, kind of like Lucille was...who would you like to see there?
  • It’s hit and miss, Tkuvma, miss, Cornwell, hit, Kol, miss
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, he was definitely a character on the show. I do like Kenneth Mitchell a lot, so there's that.
    Assuming it's Kol (it's Disco: (apparent) death is not permanent), any guesses on skills? He might be the big SEC that's been missing from recent Megas (MJP was the last to have it any better than tertiary) given his fight with Burnham. Not sure how he'd have anything other than CMD and/or DIP, unless he made the food that he brought over to T'Kuvma's ship.

I'm thinking he'll be SEC/CMD, with maybe a bit of DIP. But we haven't had a SEC primary recurring character yet, and it would fit him.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    robownage wrote: »
    But we haven't had a SEC primary recurring character yet, and it would fit him.

Kortar (& I agree if would fit for Kol)
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Yateball wrote: »
    Kaitee wrote: »

Loved the reference to the Simpsons "Star Trek 12: So Very Tired"

This is a crap choice for the recurring mega character though, and it's fresh off another bad choice with Etana Jol... Blahhhhh

This is a way better choice than Etana, come on now. He was the bad guy for the first half of Discovery's first season. He's probably had more screen time than half of the Mega recurring characters we've seen featured so far.

robownage wrote: »
    But we haven't had a SEC primary recurring character yet, and it would fit him.

Kortar (& I agree if would fit for Kol)
    My bad ! He was before my time.
  • [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!! No more Disco Klingons.
    I know he will have incredibly high traits and either be a monster at voyages or gauntlet, so I will need to collect him and keep him, but I would much rather have almost any other character.

That's not necessarily true. None of the Discovery Klingons have been particularly powerful, and even if the stats are pretty good they will be in the COM/SEC skill set that is full of other options. I will get him because he will be easy to get, but that's about all.