Home Ready Room

Begold Help

Nechayev, Romulan Picard or Vina ? All new to my crew.

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romulan Picard. Vina is reportedly bad. Nechayev has use, but Picard is a captain, main cast, and Romulan.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vina isn’t that great until she’s at a high fusion level, so unless your DIP/SCI crew is patently awful she’s the least-desirable option.

Nechayev is a pretty good gauntlet crew, especially if you do not already have a COM powerhouse like Mirror Picard, Enabran Tain, or Revolutionary Damar.

Romulan Picard is slightly weak at 1/5* compared to some of the top 4/4*s for shuttle work but, as has already been pointed out, he is a main cast variant that is more likely to be a future event bonus crew than either of the others. He is also a pretty decent voyage crew even at 1/5* with his DIP and SEC proficiencies.

Whether you choose Nechayev or Picard really depends on which of the following is a weakness for your crew: COM for the gauntlet or DIP/SEC for shuttles and voyages. If both of these are a problem for you, I would recommend Picard as voyages will yield better returns over time.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vina - I picked her up way back when ... I was starting out and needed a good/decent DIP base crew with an interesting secondary skill ... used her a lot back then but she's not seen any work for eons.
    She's since been upped to 2/5 and still doesn't see work. She's my #12 current DIP base, if I do not take Disco 4*s into account that I just defrosted ... I've got plenty of other 4* DIP crew frozen that are better too.
    On the plus side ... she looks cool and her event (her only one) is next in line for a Galaxy re-run. But those aren't reasons to choose her when considering the following crew ...

Nechayev - see Dirk above ... I come across her every so often in the Gauntlet and she used to be on my list of crew to look out for ... but that was just after Gauntlet was introduced ... she's been overtaken by a couple of other choices since.
    Part of two fairly easy collections.

Picard - just look so silly, but yeah, Picard.

I'd lean Picard (even though he just looks plain dumb) ... but might be swayed for Nechayev on a good day, I like my unique crew.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with others. Pick Nechayev only if you need a strong command for gauntlet. Otherwise take the Picard.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends