Home Strange New Worlds

New Picard Show - What do you think they'll "retcon" ?

For instance - what do you think the Klingons will look like?

Comments

• I would hope, since this is intended to be set after all Trek that has ever been released, no such retconning would be necessary. Some character redesign is always to be expected, but beyond that, it's all fair game, because they're actually continuing a story instead of sandwiching new story in between already existing series.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been trying to avoid guessing along with the new series, but I have been thinking about how the one thing we've been told is that Picard has been greatly affected by the destruction of Romulus. The implications of that kind of catastrophe are self-evident, but there's the question why it should hit him so personally. What if it wasn't so much that Romulus was destroyed, but that Ambassador Spock was lost along with it? And in turn, why should even that loss be particularly devastating for Picard? Enter: the mind meld with Bendii-afflicted Sarek, stricken with grief. One wonders whether secondhand Bendii is comparable to Irumodic Syndrome....

This would also give them a mechanism for making direct connection somehow to Michael. She's surely deceased by time of the Picard series, but there's still flashbacks and mindmeld katra sequences. Exploiting "Sarek" and "Unification" to do some universe-building doesn't interest me conceptually, but I can see how the dots are there if they want to connect them. We'll see!
  • Maybe the Klingons in the Kelvin Timeline films look different from TNG because of more genetic engineering of the Arik Soong type. I think the classic 90’s Klingon look will return.
  • Well, my theory is that the Supernova of that star also destroyed other planets in that area between it and Romulus, some inhabited, and like the destruction of the one in Generations, it was in a whole circle around the star.
  • And, ( I learned the star's name was Hoban), it was 500 light years from Romulus. Setting aside all loopholes and speculations, the Supernova destruction still has a 1000 light year diameter! HUGE!
  • What about Remus ? Assumably it was destroyed, too.
  • Official trailer is on youtube now.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    SEVEN OF NINE!!!!!!!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    SEVEN OF NINE!!!!!!!
    I know right?! And no sign of Chakotay, so that's one retcon I'll be happy to see.

(I don't hate Chuckles as himself, but that relationship was so nonsensical I just Don't Even.)