Home The Bridge

Starfleet has captured some unsettling communications...

SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in The Bridge
"Under Cardassian law, the accused must prove his innocence. Since the evidence in this case is sufficient to warrant conviction, the investigation is over... proceed with the execution."

ywohv39cipaw.png

Comments

• Thrax from the DS9 episode Things Past.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thrax in that episode is actually Odo so I hope that he will count as Odo variant in the future.
  • You're probably right.

My first guess was Kovat from "Tribunal."
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is Thrax, I guess Kurtwood Smith is redoing his bathroom or kitchen...with two characters in as many weeks, he must be getting paid.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Thrax

ds9-thingspast36.jpg?w=584

Traits:
    Cardassian, Changeling, Shapeshifter, Investigator, Constable
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully not another Com/Dip/Sec...

Dip/Sec/Sci maybe? Dip and Sec as a constable with Sci for a little forensics?

Probably will be two skilled Dip/Sec ...
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • If he's another 2-skill Minuet, I won't be spending $25 or 50k honor.
  • If it is Thrax, I guess Kurtwood Smith is redoing his bathroom or kitchen...with two characters in as many weeks, he must be getting paid.

So, leading up to a "Year of Hell"-inspired event with the guy who played Annorax rather than a character from that episode?
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silhouette appears too thin to be Tekeny Ghemor (spelling?) but I would have really liked having him in the game. Not sad to see a cardassian though, it’s been a long while.
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    If he's another 2-skill Minuet, I won't be spending $25 or 50k honor.

I wouldn't mind him being a two skilled ... Assuming he is an impressive two skill.

That's why I hope they sprinkle a little something extra in, other than Com. Had enough of them recently.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • I’ll be happy to have him, but I expect his stats to be something in the SEC/COM/DIP family (probably SEC/COM only, honestly) and not particularly great. That’s okay, I have other cards that can use some stars.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sec/com/dip or whatever permutation. Could still be worthwhile though. Feels like maybe we’re due a good new arena instant attack or perhaps gauntlet beast? Reserving judgement.
  • Please don't take the Cardassian trait from Kayzon Seska before this one...
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I'd rather this be presented as Thrax instead of Odo-as-Thrax-Within-Odo's-Projected-Memory-Illusion-Thing. But, whatever. Guess this week's Cardassian shuttles will be helpful after all.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're probably right.

Was thinking Kovat too.
  • [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're probably right.

Was thinking Kovat too.

That’s what I thought too. The hand in the air makes me think of his theatrics in the courtroom.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    The quote comes directly from Thrax in "Things Past". Maybe we're getting Law & Order: Cardassia!
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if this is some form of Cardassian mega I'd love to see a new Garak.
  • Hmmm, Cardassian Mega?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Also, how is Krenim Guest Paris going to fit into this?

Captain Level 99

• Simple, he'll use the Krenim technology to re-set the timeline and erase the evidence
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll be happy to have him, but I expect his stats to be something in the SEC/COM/DIP family (probably SEC/COM only, honestly) and not particularly great. That’s okay, I have other cards that can use some stars.

This would be another Kol/Kortar clone...definitely unexciting. I’d prefer a SCI/SEC/(DIP or ENG) skill set instead.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Odo was good in

- Command as he was a chief of security
    - security (logically)
    - science as he often needed to recognize different chemicals for bombs/poisons or when he was able to spot a man who framed him with replicas
    - engineering - weaker than Garak or Quark, but he was competent enough when he needed to be.

So this Odo/Thrax could have any of these three skills.

I would like Sci/ENG/Sec combination.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    Odo was good in

- Command as he was a chief of security
    - security (logically)
    - science as he often needed to recognize different chemicals for bombs/poisons or when he was able to spot a man who framed him with replicas
    - engineering - weaker than Garak or Quark, but he was competent enough when he needed to be.

So this Odo/Thrax could have any of these three skills.

I would like Sci/ENG/Sec combination.

You're really reaching on those skills. If Thrax is 3 skill, I'm confident he will have some combination of Cmd/Sec/Dip.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    So this Odo/Thrax could have any of these three skills.I would like Sci/ENG/Sec combination.

It's not necessarily Odo/Thrax - Thrax was a real person, Odo's predecessor. This could represent him as just his plain old Cardie self, not Odo's mental projection of Thrax's identity onto his own actions.
  • Don’t they usually announce it shortly after the hint? It’s been 7 and a half hours....

Captain Level 99

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t they usually announce it shortly after the hint? It’s been 7 and a half hours....

No. At the earliest they will announce it with next week's event announcement on Friday at noon EDT.
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    Don’t they usually announce it shortly after the hint? It’s been 7 and a half hours....

No. At the earliest they will announce it with next week's event announcement on Friday at noon EDT.

Oh ok thanks, guess I remembered wrong

Captain Level 99