Home Make It So!

Great One-offs

I'd like to propose a new collection called "Great One-offs." This collection would consist of cards representing one-episode characters played by recurring actors, holograms and dream/vision characters exempted. An example already in the game is:
JG Hertzler as Kolos and Laas

Other possibilities include:
Ethan Phillips as Ulis in ENT
Marc Alaimo as Frederick La Rouque in TNG
Robert O'Reilly as Scarface in TNG

NOTE: I have not thouroughly checked existing cards for other possibilities already in-game.

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    This collection has great potential. It could have everyone from Penk to Colonel West, even Arex and M’Ress if you wanted to get picky.
  • Jeffery Combs could have his own collection. Maybe it should be called "Combing through the Universe."
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Would Suzie Plakson currently count - Lt Selar and played K'Ehlyr, however Tarah is also in game.

There's actually quite a collection
    https://www.imdb.com/list/ls031163556/
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • There would have to be a Vaughn Armstrong wing in this collection:
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Vaughn_Armstrong
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would Aron Eisenberg count for the couple episodes he played in Voyager?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Would Aron Eisenberg count for the couple episodes he played in Voyager?

For the Kazon he played, absolutely. I don't remember any other roles he did.
    There would have to be a Vaughn Armstrong wing in this collection:
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Vaughn_Armstrong

This reminds me that we have a criminal lack of Vaughn Armstrong characters in the game...I think the only one is R’Mor. We could get a Commodore Forrest, at least one Admiral Forrest, and Mirror Captain Forrest, never mind the litany of other characters he portrayed over the years.
  • To clarify my thought, a recurring actor is one who "regularly" appeared in a series and was given credit at the beginning of the episode, typically just after the opening theme. They may not have been given credit for the one-off character they played.

I would argue that both Plaxton and Combs are borderline as their "main" character didn't appear often enough to be considered as "regularly" appearing. Without do a deep analysis, I'll throw out an appearane rate of greater than 20% is needed to be counted as "regularly appearing." Anyone is welcome to disagree with this sentiment.
    To clarify my thought, a recurring actor is one who "regularly" appeared in a series and was given credit at the beginning of the episode, typically just after the opening theme. They may not have been given credit for the one-off character they played.

I would argue that both Plaxton and Combs are borderline as their "main" character didn't appear often enough to be considered as "regularly" appearing. Without do a deep analysis, I'll throw out an appearane rate of greater than 20% is needed to be counted as "regularly appearing." Anyone is welcome to disagree with this sentiment.

I don’t necessarily disagree with that, I just think it might be a small collection. We could have a big collection if we expand the definition to include recurring guest stars’ one-time alternative roles - but not one-off roles from actors who routinely only did one-off roles...such a collection would not include Juliana Tainer, Enina Tandro, and Ambassador V’Lar, for example, no matter how much we all may love Fionnula Flanagan.
  • Good point Dirk. I guess I envisioned the collection staying fairly small, like Wild West. But your idea would open it up to a bigger pool of options.