Home Make It So!

Liven Up Boring Tuesday’s

Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2019 in Make It So!
Tuesday’s are dull in STT land. I don’t even run cadet missions cuz who needs more trainers? A few ideas to liven things up. (I tried suggesting a 24 hour event but that wasn’t too popular):
Scavenger Hunt where we have to go around the galaxy collecting certain items
A one day Campaign that doesn’t include doing dailies, but other tasks
Scanners used to scan life signs where we have to go around to the planets to find stranded crew. This one could be a fleet wide effort where each member of a fleet uses their scan at a different planet until someone finds the planet a crew member was stranded on.

Comments

• Banjo1012 wrote: »
    (I tried suggesting a 24 hour event but that wasn’t too popular).

For the record, I still think that's an underrated idea.

I like the scavenger hunt and scanning ideas. I've always thought scanning could be made a lot more interesting than it is now.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just coming in here to make exactly the same suggestion!

Great minds... :)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just coming in here to make exactly the same suggestion!

Great minds... :)

Tuesday’s are so blah. I hate being STT bored
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hating on trainers...what is the world coming to?!?!?! lol

Agreed. Something needs to be done to liven it up.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • I agree. Maybe the first and most simple step could be changing the cadet reward from trainers to shuttle supplies like thurs.

Tue special packs aren't getting too much love lately either. Maybe reduced pk price for only 3-4 crew available including the new card. Or something? 10-15 crew possible with only 1 new is horrible. Wont touch tue pks.

I love the idea of s treasure hunt but would think this could be arranged into a different event type since many ppl are also getting board with recurring galaxy/shuttles primarily every weekend, mixed or full events. Maybe a hunt could be created and integrated for a phase 1 or 2. To mix up weekend events.
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Scavenger Hunt where we have to go around the galaxy collecting certain items

Scanners used to scan life signs where we have to go around to the planets to find stranded crew.

These two would be awesome!
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
    I agree. Maybe the first and most simple step could be changing the cadet reward from trainers to shuttle supplies like thurs.

Tue special packs aren't getting too much love lately either. Maybe reduced pk price for only 3-4 crew available including the new card. Or something? 10-15 crew possible with only 1 new is horrible. Wont touch tue pks.

I love the idea of s treasure hunt but would think this could be arranged into a different event type since many ppl are also getting board with recurring galaxy/shuttles primarily every weekend, mixed or full events. Maybe a hunt could be created and integrated for a phase 1 or 2. To mix up weekend events.

I ha e wondered why they don’t do a Tuesday pack offer, such as 5 pulls for $25. I would never waste dilithium on a Tuesday gamble but I might give that offer a shot for a crew member I wanted

Here we are on boring Tuesday again. DB HELP!!!!
  • Rerun, normally gives a dilithium offer, not a card offer.
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Here we are on boring Tuesday again. DB HELP!!!!

All for this. I do enjoy a breather after weekend events, but some moderate engagement would be welcome, apart from the packs, which I rarely have interest in.
  • I'll be mister contrarian and say, "I like having a day off where I don't feel pressured to login every few hours to maximize my results."

Commence with the tomato tossing. <Runs for cover.>
    I'll be mister contrarian and say, "I like having a day off where I don't feel pressured to login every few hours to maximize my results."

Commence with the tomato tossing. <Runs for cover.>

I was thinking more like the Blues Brothers behind the chicken wire. You can have Wednesday’s for that

• MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see shortened reruns of Megas as the late starters among us never get a chance to see them. Maybe only with threshold and without ranking?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    edited June 2019
    They could also split the 2 phases to 2 weeks, then the event could still have 4 days over 2 weeks, and we still had 1 full day a week for recovery.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I would love to see shortened reruns of Megas as the late starters among us never get a chance to see them. Maybe only with threshold and without ranking?

When the first mega event -- the Borg -- arrived in the game, I had just reached the point of being able to rank high enough to win legendary crew in events. I won all the crew that mega event except Assimilated Torres, whom I failed to nab by just a few ranks (I think I ranked 1003). It was the first time I learned about late cashing in of super rares on a galaxy event and how that can quickly change the rankings at the end. It still stings, but not the way it used to. Later I used my citations to immortalize Assimilated La Forge, Assimilated Janeway, and the Borg Queen (while One has only 3/5 stars so far).

In any case, even though I got about all that you can get out of that Borg mega event, I'd be perfectly happy for this idea to go forward. It was a great mega event. Probably still my favorite. The newer folks deserve a chance to play it.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends

When the first mega event -- the Borg -- arrived in the game, I had just reached the point of being able to rank high enough to win legendary crew in events. I won all the crew that mega event except Assimilated Torres, whom I failed to nab by just a few ranks (I think I ranked 1003). It was the first time I learned about late cashing in of super rares on a galaxy event and how that can quickly change the rankings at the end. It still stings, but not the way it used to. Later I used my citations to immortalize Assimilated La Forge, Assimilated Janeway, and the Borg Queen (while One has only 3/5 stars so far).

In any case, even though I got about all that you can get out of that Borg mega event, I'd be perfectly happy for this idea to go forward. It was a great mega event. Probably still my favorite. The newer folks deserve a chance to play it.

I agree with that. That was a really cool mega but I’m not sure I would want to re-live any month long mega event

edited June 2019

I agree with that. That was a really cool mega but I’m not sure I would want to re-live any month long mega event
    Well, you can at any time, you know, skip an event. ;) People who already have everything out of an event or just do not have the nerve to (re)play it could only play a few rounds to aquire some early threshold rewards or actually ignore the event entirely. People who want to play through each and every event on the other hand would probably have to buy chrons from time to time.

Well, you can at any time, you know, skip an event. ;) People who already have everything out of an event or just do not have the nerve to (re)play it could only play a few rounds to aquire some early threshold rewards or actually ignore the event entirely. People who want to play through each and every event on the other hand would probably have to buy chrons from time to time.

You are preaching to the choir. I skip many events. I placed around 50,000 the last two galaxies

• Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I do not have the answers to "fix" Tuesday, I do think the issue with Tuesday cadets is two-fold: Tuesday cadets offer EASILY the least useful rewards, and they also feature missions with the least useful standard item drops.

Before anything else be done to address Tuesdays, step 1 needs to be either making the cadet rewards a lot better, or else changing the loot tables for the missions to at lesst let us farm up useful items (like basic medical experiments).
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember being new and spending honor on trainers. I don't think the answer is to change Tuesday cadet missions. It would be mean to new players. I can get behind 24-hour condensed event reruns. Maybe even alternate mega event Tuesday reruns with new mega events.

The typical Tuesday lottery does nothing for me. I got burned trying to get Usurper Lorca and vowed to never waste resources on RNG again. I would spend money on backs before doing that again.

Other ideas:
    - 2-hour gauntlet cooldown
    - Special Tuesday sign-in bonus
    - Discount packs from events 2 to 3 years past
    - 24 hour gauntlet event where you get VP for matches played and points earned.
    Farewell 🖖
    edited June 2019
    I remember being new and spending honor on trainers. I don't think the answer is to change Tuesday cadet missions. It would be mean to new players. I can get behind 24-hour condensed event reruns. Maybe even alternate mega event Tuesday reruns with new mega events.

The typical Tuesday lottery does nothing for me. I got burned trying to get Usurper Lorca and vowed to never waste resources on RNG again. I would spend money on backs before doing that again.

Other ideas:

I like the 24 hour gauntlet event. That would be cool. May even have more of an event feel if we were able to increase the crew we use to 10. And use your idea of a two hour cool down. Ladies and gentleman we have just created a gauntlet event of the 24 hour variety. Boring Tuesday problem solved
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

Other ideas:

I like the 24 hour gauntlet event. That would be cool. May even have more of an event feel if we were able to increase the crew we use to 10. And use your idea of a two hour cool down. Ladies and gentleman we have just created a gauntlet event of the 24 hour variety. Boring Tuesday problem solved

I'd be down! Gauntlet is something I enjoy greatly, that sounds like a lot of fun!

@[10F] Prime Lorca , I can get behind that, that is why I also suggested changing up the rewards to let the rest of us use Tuesdays to farm up useful stuff like holoprograms.
    ByloBand wrote: »

Other ideas:

I'd be down! Gauntlet is something I enjoy greatly, that sounds like a lot of fun!

@[10F] Prime Lorca , I can get behind that, that is why I also suggested changing up the rewards to let the rest of us use Tuesdays to farm up useful stuff like holoprograms.

Oh, I remember that now. Good idea. Put them at the easiest row. Make new players choose between trainers and gear.
    Farewell 🖖
    Problem solved for this week.
    Farewell 🖖
    Well... Tuesdays could be worse:

739f6xj3c59o.png

Bring 'em Vulcans, I am ready. :D