Home Make It So!

Make Shared Crew Post able on Wednesday.

DB, please make it possible that the shared crew in a Faction event can be posted by the squad leader on Wednesday via the small banner. This would help squads that have a squad leader in an area of the world that is sleeping the ability to use the shared crew the moment the event has started. I live in the States and jobs and life also tend to get in the way and I have had times where I had to post 2-6 hours late because of it.

Comments

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a good idea. The banner is already there. Maybe adding this capability will be easy enough to implement soon.
    Farewell 🖖
  • [DC] Principia[DC] Principia ✭✭✭✭
    This would also reduce the aggravation with the shared crew selection, where the event crew aren't pushed to the top, and there's still no search.
  • edited April 2019
    It would also help some squads know who their SL is sharing ahead of time, giving them a little better ability to plan their shuttles.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • Dax sheppardDax sheppard ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Sounds like a good idea. Given this is global game there are often time zone issues within squads and this would really help
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would also give other squad members the chance to see if they have a better share and thus the lead can be transferred
  • agree. Have wanted this for a long time - as a squad leader there’s pressure to be on at or near the start when it’s not always convenient due to work etc. Allowing it to be shared in the 24 hours before the start gives everyone a fair chance.
  • GaldranGaldran ✭✭✭
    Yup, should be able to start the sharing the minute the event is announced and the timer beings.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea and reasons why this should be done, which prolly means it won't.......But we have added "gardener" trait to Bev Crusher......
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • There is no reason why this should not be done. Better preparation for the squad, better communication, makes timing less of an issue for squad leaders. Yes, do this.
  • On top of this, I wish they’d also make Skirmishes a shareable event. I just think it would be neat, and totally appropriate for the squad leader to lend an experienced tactical officer to his squadies during Skirmish events.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll bump this. I often consider myself to be a loser in the time zone lottery. Events start/finish 2 hours after I go to bed, so I can't share my crew till well after the event starts.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Great idea. I know for our squad, we are not all in the same time zone/country, so the extra day would make it easier to post (especially while not at work or sleeping at 2 AM.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • WrightWright ✭✭
    I agree, events start whilst I’m at work, so I’m often late adding a shared crew member.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe an easier engineering idea, make Squadron Crew sharing active all the time.

I'm sure most Squadron leaders have an "always active" shuttle crew (for me, its Professor Sato, she's always on a shuttle) That would be the person I share with my squad.

Then the squadron can benefit from a strong single card all the time, and it will allow proactive players to pre-staff their Faction Event share.

As for rewards for a squadron leader during Non-Faction-Event shuttles, maybe an open frequency for the mates who have successful missions?
    Intentionally Left Blank
    This would help as our squad leader always jumps in with shared crew after half of the first day is already over
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    This would help as our squad leader always jumps in with shared crew after half of the first day is already over

Thanks for reminding me that I needed to share crew with my squad. It’s so easy to forget about it when you have to scroll to see it...putting it elsewhere would be a big help to us forgetful folks.

Thanks for reminding me that I needed to share crew with my squad. It’s so easy to forget about it when you have to scroll to see it...putting it elsewhere would be a big help to us forgetful folks.

As I see your comment was at 3:14 PM, I’m surprised those squad mates didn’t remind you yet.

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

As I see your comment was at 3:14 PM, I’m surprised those squad mates didn’t remind you yet.

Yep...our fleet’s activity isn’t the greatest and even among those who log in regularly, only a few of us actually use fleet chat.

Yep...our fleet’s activity isn’t the greatest and even among those who log in regularly, only a few of us actually use fleet chat.

I know how that is. I’m in a German fleet now. I speak and write German but not super well. They use fleet chat but they are all up at different hours than I and I can only have basic conversations:

• Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a brilliant idea.
    Flemming wrote: »
    Maybe an easier engineering idea, make Squadron Crew sharing active all the time.

Yes, this.