Home Engineering Room

Is Captive Bashir an Original Character?

Not sure if anyone mentioned this elsewhere but I was looking through the collections and found Captive Bashir was in the Timelines Originals collection. I thought he was from DS9 during the war with the Dominion when he was captured. Anyone have an explanation?

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This feels like a bug, letting the team know!
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    This can get messy to fix if a lot of players have collected rewards because of it. Not that I don't mind a few easier collectibles in there but the ill will and backlash towards DB will be significant if they notice it and fix it without telling us.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent a month's worth of dil getting a 4th copy of him for this reason. Don't get me wrong, the other rewards ended up being good, but this was the deciding factor.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are looking into this.

Captive Bashir is in the "Do No Harm Collection" and that is the only collection he is meant to be in.
    If only a small number of people benefited from this, I wouldn't have an issue letting them have the rewards and removing the character from the collection but if a large number of players are affected, then maybe leaving him in there like Hippocrates Noah in the Physician's collection is the only way to solve this issue.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    If only a small number of people benefited from this, I wouldn't have an issue letting them have the rewards and removing the character from the collection but if a large number of players are affected, then maybe leaving him in there like Hippocrates Noah in the Physician's collection is the only way to solve this issue.

Well the problem is that whatever they do now, it’s going to upset significant numbers either way. I’d be lighting up my pitch fork if this were a skill boost collection and not just an honor pull and some resources.

DB lucky on this one, they’ve dodged a bullet.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if anyone mentioned this elsewhere but I was looking through the collections and found Captive Bashir was in the Timelines Originals collection. I thought he was from DS9 during the war with the Dominion when he was captured. Anyone have an explanation?

Thx for bringing it up. 🙄
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I collected 72 dil, 250 (?) chrons and something else for him triggering that collection. Thought it odd myself
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not claimed it, but Captive Bashir fulfilled my 13 card milestone.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Captive Bashir is in the "Do No Harm Collection" and that is the only collection he is meant to be in.

What about the "Eugenics Wars" collection?
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cam Taliis wrote: »

Yes, good point

Cam Taliis wrote: »

He is the original Bashir and not the Changeling version so you are definitely right about that one.
    Flemming wrote: »
    I have not claimed it, but Captive Bashir fulfilled my 13 card milestone.

If you take it, and they scale back the rewards, they might have to undo it. It could cause issues. I wouldn't want to pull a boss 5* and have it removed.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has now been corrected, please refer to these server release notes, thank you!
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/13603/server-release-notes-04-16#latest
  • Fair response. Let everybody keep what they earned if they reached a milestone.