Home Make It So!

Expand First-Run Event Thresholds to Include Existing 5* Crew From Mega-Events

The current schedule calls for six bimonthly, four-part Mega-Events followed by a replay, which constitutes 30 of the year's 52 weeks. Those replays have become more appealing than ever, thanks to the expanded thresholds recirculating a 5* crew member from that event's first run. However, there are still 22 non-event, first-run events that don't feature anything tantalizing in their thresholds. Those Mega-Events are also excluded from the replay schedule, for obvious and understandable reasons.

So why not recirculate the 5* rank reward crew from Mega-Events as threshold rewards in non-mega, first-run events? There are 48 such crew now, and will be 52 by the end of next month who presently have no path forward to being recirculated via replays. Here's the list (spoiler'd for length):
"The Process of Assimilation"
Assimilated Torres
One
Assimilated La Forge
Assimilated Janeway

"A Good Day to Lie"
Grilka
Protomorphosis Worf
Dahar Master Kang
Klingon Janeway

"Discovery: A New Anomaly"
Desert Georgiou
Captain Lorca
Cadet Silvia Tilly
Harcourt Fenton Mudd

"Smoke & Mirrors"
Mirror Reed
Mirror Data
Mirror Beverly Crusher
Mirror Inquisitor Troi

"Ghosts of the Past"
Dress Uniform Scotty
Away Team Saru
Suus Mahna Sarek
Lissan

"All We Become"
Kohlinar Spock
Warship Tuvok
Senator Vreenak
Romulan Picard

"Superior Ambition"
Enemy Lines Sisko
Bell Riots Jadzia Dax
Species 8472 Invader
Augment Commander O'Brien

"The Hand That Feeds"
Alternate Future Jadzia Dax
Polywater Yar
Reverend Phlox
Changeling Martok

"Photonic Fantasies"
Tuxedo Nog
Gloria
Data V
Musketeer Picard

"Presents and Futures"
Mountaineer Spock
Sphere-Builder Presage
Humbled Archer
High Roller Sisko

"Empire Reforged"
Chancellor L'Rell
Bridge Officer Number One
Mirror Stamets
Christopher Pike

"Captive Intent"
Krenim Guest Paris
Rura Penthe Commandant
Gladiator Spock
Conditioned La Forge

Comments

• Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't a bad idea. The simpler implementation would be to have a legendary crew member as a reward at the 400k VP level for every event.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't a bad idea. The simpler implementation would be to have a legendary crew member as a reward at the 400k VP level for every event.

Effectively, that's what this would do for events that aren't part of a Mega-Event, since replays now have them. And I think for most of us, a Mega-Event is already busy enough that adding four more 5*'s there would be far too much.
  • [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I LOVE this idea. As it stands right now, there will never be a way to earn those cards again outside of the portal, so this would solve that. Also, anecdotally, it feels to me like having the higher threshold rewards makes even re-run events more active and competitive, so it would be in DB's interest, I would think, to give more players more reasons to play harder during events.
    The only potential problem I see happening is getting players to acclimate to that threshold 5* not being part of the week's Featured Crew. I think after several months of the week-ahead rank 5* schema, though, it shouldn't be asking too much of the player base to just remember that the 5*'s you can earn this week aren't part of what you're doing this week.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Re-upping this thread. Some version of @Travis S McClain's idea is still really good -- whether it's specifically former mega-event legendaries or just any legendary from a past event or pack -- and I think DB could benefit from it as it could create incentives to play more and spend more.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
    Re-upping this thread. Some version of @Travis S McClain's idea is still really good -- whether it's specifically former mega-event legendaries or just any legendary from a past event or pack -- and I think DB could benefit from it as it could create incentives to play more and spend more.

It always throws me whenever anyone suggests that some version of one of my ideas has merit! It just seems a natural next step to take, given how favorable response has been to adding 5*'s to the thresholds of replays.