Home Past Anomalies

Overcharged for Romulan Picard

Offer said $9.99. Was charged $24.99. Submitted a ticket but someone should looking into this ASAP. @Shan
Proud member of eXodus
Join the eXo|plosion today!

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please check your purchase history on itunes. Apple is notorious for being inconsistent with how they bill purchases.

On my end I see you were charged the correct amount for that Picard offer.
    And yesterday you made a $24.99 purchase.
  • @Shan ive seen posts on my discord feed that are inconsistent. I've seen the $9.99 then $24.99 like what @eXo | Cadet Matt has been charged. But this is the most ridiculous one yet....
  • Obviously something has gotten goofed up.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Obviously something has gotten goofed up.

Not at all. There are no other reports of this being an issue.

The player who posted the screenshot you referred to above, showing a price of 330, is from Taiwan, as they explained. The one issue I see is that the currency symbol is incorrect, it should be NT$ for clarity.

We only list prices in USD but for players outside of the USA, the price displayed is shown in their currency. Depending on the platform there are different exchange rates involved and also fees and taxes.

And I have said earlier the best way to check this is to check the purchase history on itunes/apple device.

https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/226825287-Invoices-from-Apple-App-Store-things-to-know-
  • Shan wrote: »

The player who posted the screenshot you referred to above, showing a price of 330, is from Taiwan, as they explained. The one issue I see is that the currency symbol is incorrect, it should be NT$ for clarity.

We only list prices in USD but for players outside of the USA, the price displayed is shown in their currency. Depending on the platform there are different exchange rates involved and also fees and taxes.

And I have said earlier the best way to check this is to check the purchase history on itunes/apple device.

https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/226825287-Invoices-from-Apple-App-Store-things-to-know-
    @Shan no disrespect but this is why people are disgruntled with customer support. An offer is displayed as one price and then their charged a different price? And CS does nothing to fix the problem except to tell us it's our fault or apple/ Google? Come on... dont splash water in our faces and tell us it's raining. Please.
  • eXo | Cadet MatteXo | Cadet Matt ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the response and looking into it. I will follow-up with CS.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the response and looking into it. I will follow-up with CS.

Thank you, and you are very welcome.

If you could please provide your purchase history to allow CS to easily look into this with you and double check against our records that would be very helpful. :)
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

@Shan no disrespect but this is why people are disgruntled with customer support. An offer is displayed as one price and then their charged a different price? And CS does nothing to fix the problem except to tell us it's our fault or apple/ Google? Come on... dont splash water in our faces and tell us it's raining. Please.

I believe you might have misinterpreted what I explained above, and you are making assumptions that are not true. If something is not clear let me know and I will clarify it further.

In the meantime please know that if it turns out that a player has been overcharged for an offer, everything will be done to remedy the situation. That has always been the case and always will be.

I am merely providing accurate context on a specific situation, and providing steps to either clear out a misunderstanding or give CS the proper documentation to allow them to rectify as needed.
  • Shan wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »

I believe you might have misinterpreted what I explained above, and you are making assumptions that are not true. If something is not clear let me know and I will clarify it further.

First off don't ever say im making assumptions. Not cool. Second what i forgot to mention was that screenshot was from my own account. And third. I had a similar incident where CS told me what they're telling matt. I will not divulge details. Confidentially clause.

All im saying is that things have a habit of glitching and when they do rarely get settled satisfactorily in our favor.
  • But i apologize for my harshness @Shan. It is difficult to choose my words sometimes. And i have been burned in the past and i let it color my impression of DB.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    The issue at hand has been marked as resolved by the creator of this thread, I am closing this discussion.

As it has been stated in this thread that CS had provided an unsatisfactory reply for this specific case I need to set things straight: I can confirm that this was resolved before CS even had to intervene let alone provide a reply.
This discussion has been closed.