Home Make It So!

Excess Accolades from campaigns

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in Make It So!
Was just thinking maybe left over accolades could be converted into some useful currency or maybe starbase items like an extra channel for holoemmiters, nothing ground breaking because we already receive quite a lot of goodies and honor from the campaign tiers already but trickle credits, merits or holoemitters wouldn't do much harm.
[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• I agree I cameon the forums to offer the same kind of suggestion. Since the object of the campaigns are to encourage daily play as well as members spending then after someone reaches level 100 thw for every 200 accolades after that award 100 merits and 50 dilithium until the end of the canpaign that will encourage members to continue the dailys.
  • Agree completely with this suggestion and also wants to add my compliments on the concept of campaigns and well worth the $10/month for all the goodies. Got me hooked I have to admit. Keep em coming!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Campaigns as well as the cadet warps for double the rewards and for a free cadet run have clearly been designed to increase player engagement and it has worked very well. I know some people have worked out the math to figure out how they can get everything accomplished with the least amount of logins, but not everyone will be a minimalist. Last Thursday I got 18 10x shuttle pulls off of 6 tickets by running them throughout the course of the entire day. (It’s entirely possible one or two of those came from campaign claims but the point is made). If engagement is really up and that is a good thing for the health of the game, then I applaud these changes. Good job DB cuz you created a win for us and a win for you and everyone comes out happy and healthy!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Campaigns as well as the cadet warps for double the rewards and for a free cadet run have clearly been designed to increase player engagement and it has worked very well. I know some people have worked out the math to figure out how they can get everything accomplished with the least amount of logins, but not everyone will be a minimalist. Last Thursday I got 18 10x shuttle pulls off of 6 tickets by running them throughout the course of the entire day. (It’s entirely possible one or two of those came from campaign claims but the point is made). If engagement is really up and that is a good thing for the health of the game, then I applaud these changes. Good job DB cuz you created a win for us and a win for you and everyone comes out happy and healthy!

Last Thursday I got close to forty 10x shuttle boosts pulls. I did the dilithium refill twice plus all the free runs that I could manage. Normally I do one refill with the daily card, but my son woke me up at 3am, so I sprung for the second refill. When it comes to value, my opinion is:
    1) Campaign
    2) Monthly card
    3) Thursday cadet missions
    Farewell 🖖

Last Thursday I got close to forty 10x shuttle boosts pulls. I did the dilithium refill twice plus all the free runs that I could manage. Normally I do one refill with the daily card, but my son woke me up at 3am, so I sprung for the second refill. When it comes to value, my opinion is:
    1) Campaign
    2) Monthly card

On that list should also include supply kit. I think it gets overlooked how great a supply kit can be at 72 dilithium, especially when making a galaxy or skirmish run

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019

1) Campaign
    2) Monthly card

On that list should also include supply kit. I think it gets overlooked how great a supply kit can be at 72 dilithium, especially when making a galaxy or skirmish run

It could but I always stock em up. Galaxy you only need to use 2 max. Phase 1 binge and then if necessary to hold a particular, desired rank use 1 in phase 2 last 24 hours leaving a bit over to level up the event reward as well. Skirmishes I tend to use more maybe 3 to get the full benefit of levelling crew up at the same time although I am starting to run out of crew in my roster for this. But the faction events replenish what I use extra in a Skirmish, I still have 8 unused, so I rarely would buy it with dilithium if ever.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

1) Campaign
    2) Monthly card

It could but I always stock em up. Galaxy you only need to use 2 max. Phase 1 binge and then if necessary to hold a particular, desired rank use 1 in phase 2 last 24 hours leaving a bit over to level up the event reward as well. Skirmishes I tend to use more maybe 3 to get the full benefit of levelling crew up at the same time although I am starting to run out of crew in my roster for this. But the faction events replenish what I use extra in a Skirmish, I still have 8 unused, so I rarely would buy it with dilithium if ever.

I usually have them from thresholds too but I guess I was harkening back to the days when buying them was the only way to get them

• Back to the original conversation, even after 1 full campaign there is a sense of boredom for those who finished early. They set the program that way so that lower vip players without double rewards or certain players who can not log in every day, could earn the end point. Somehow it has to be avail for all lvl players. I had wondered myself as it shows still earning accolades daily what will become of them. Just lost i guess. Maybe they could be converted and that would be nice of DB to add something for the extras we earn. but so far it has been a very well received part of the game and those of who finish early have to wait for a new one and just be patient i guess. I think they are still considering feedback for possible changes.
  • I think a happy medium had to be reached. If the Tiers and Accolades were set to where every available Accolade had to be claimed to reach tier 100, there would be lots of players that wouldn't have made it, and even then, some of the Accolades being attached to VIP means many players would still end up with extra. So, in making it more forgiving, it means more Accolades end up going to waste. I don't think the answer is carrying them over, because that would snowball to the point that large parts of the Campaign would be complete by many players on day 1, which in turn would make the problem worse.

I think where it is set now is fine. If some mechanic to turn excess Accolades into some other usable currency comes along, I'll certainly take it, but I don't think it's really necessary. Accolades did not exist before Campaigns, so they need not necessarily have value outside Campaigns.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Agree I definitely didn't want the idea to go down the rollover campaigns route at all, I didn't even suggest honor as I don't think that would be appropriate either. It just seems a bit of a waste all those accolades collected and not even useful for extra replicator fuel. Or perhaps thinking slightly outside the box perhaps raising your captain XP points.
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭

I think where it is set now is fine. If some mechanic to turn excess Accolades into some other usable currency comes along, I'll certainly take it, but I don't think it's really necessary. Accolades did not exist before Campaigns, so they need not necessarily have value outside Campaigns.

I agree with this 100%. We get enough accolades to finish the campaign with some wiggle room for those who may miss a day or two. That seems like a fine design. It encourages people to play more but doesn't penalize those who can't play every single day.

I don't think it's necessary to have to take every resource and maximize it in one way or another. There is enough of this in other aspects of the game. I understand why people want to do that or feel like accolades are wasted if they have completed the campaign, however, many things like this are integral to game design. In much the same way every one wants unlimited crew slots, the limitations actually aid in gameplay. It forces you to make decisions. I fully believe if everyone got everything they wanted then the game would not be nearly as fun.

My suggestion would be that once the campaign is finished then it just doesn't award anymore accolades. That way nothing is "wasted".