Home Ready Room

BeGold: Protomorphosis Worf, Honey Bare Jadzia, Judge Q

Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in Ready Room
Crew slot space logic is telling me to just star up Judge Q, but nostalgia and stats have me wondering about Jadzia... Thoughts?

woqdasuxo0ic.png
Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!

Comments

• To me it's Honey Bare and it's not close. Even at 3/5 Q is extremely poor and has the commonest skill set in the game. Honey Bare would be more useful, even at 1/5, in just about every conceivable phase of the game.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how stressed you are for slots. If you can spare a slot, definitely go for Honey Bare. If not, Judge Q is the only other choice.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I figured this might by the general feeling. My crew quarters are full, but there’s a handful of 1/4s that can be fed some vacuum to make space for Dr. Bare.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally I go by slots, but Jadzia has a lot of events. I'd take her.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I wouldn't go so far as to say Q is the only other reasonable option. I do quite like my Shar-Pei Worf.

t8si16ogyhig.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never bet against Jadzia.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn't go so far as to say Q is the only other reasonable option. I do quite like my Shar-Pei Worf.

t8si16ogyhig.jpg

I bet he gets a seat on tons of shuttles
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Honey Bare definitely she is quality voyage material, so unlocking the card is the priority after that cast judgement on who to space if you need to and that may well meaning ditching a weaker 2/5 later on down the line, I don't know who else you have as SEC COM but we have had Thrax and Kor recently both of which are leagues ahead of Q in voyages and probably would get more use in gauntlet too.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    No space issues
    - Honey Bare for sure ... have her immortalised and she's great for all aspects of the game I place value in ... events, voyages and shuttles ... good SCI base (#3 for me), decent ENG base (#4 for me) ... here's something negative though (a massive stretch):
    SCI and ENG is a fairly common skill combo for 5* crew (especially paired with DIP) and if you are like others, you're constantly trying to improve in that area, so you've probably got quite a few similar crew on your roster ... also SCI (and ENG and DIP) are common for Jadzia herself, so at 1/5 she might end up not being used much during events because she's not as good as your 4* options (Princess, 1701) or Jadzias with other skill combos (Mirror) ... so it kinda depends on which of the Jadzias you have if you want to have another ... especially if you are stretched for crew slots ... but really, I'm searching here to say something "negative" about the card. She's awesome and the art is brilliant.

Space issues
    - Only one option ... Q ... to be honest, even if a card is not great (e.g. Orion Vina, Will Scarlett) I've added stars in the past in beholds that had poor choices and I've never regretted it ... now Honey Bare is far from a poor choice, but given the circumstances and the way you play the game, Q just might be the only option ... but I'm trying to look through rosy glasses here and scrambling to find positives (there aren't many, if any at all).

EDIT: A couple of words on Worf:
    - I just don't see any value there as a 1/5 ... sure immortalised he'd be awesome ... but that is a long way away. Klingon he'd be quite a ways down the pecking order as a 1/5 for SEC crew ... Worf events he might be okay if you don't have many options (like me) ... but I then value Honey Bare higher if that is the reason you might pick Worf.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only value for Judge Q is the rare time he gets 65% bonus in gauntlet. You've already got him maxed from a gauntlet perspective. So Honey Bare becomes the best choice.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honey Bare for Sure (and shes the nicest looking card). She scores highly in voyages, counts as a Dax for events
    DB: Do Better
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only value for Judge Q is the rare time he gets 65% bonus in gauntlet. You've already got him maxed from a gauntlet perspective. So Honey Bare becomes the best choice.
    Right, and as others pointed out in another thread, I also have Marshall of France Q who performs well in those three-trait gauntlets, as well.
  • Shy Khan wrote: »
    Right, and as others pointed out in another thread, I also have Marshall of France Q who performs well in those three-trait gauntlets, as well.

Better than Judge Q, IMO. Even at 65% crit, Judge is only good for one or two shots before his proficiencies are too weak to continue.
    Shy Khan wrote: »

Better than Judge Q, IMO. Even at 65% crit, Judge is only good for one or two shots before his proficiencies are too weak to continue.

This is what I am finding in the current gauntlet - Judge Q even at 65% just ends up being a redshirt more often than not.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

This is what I am finding in the current gauntlet - Judge Q even at 65% just ends up being a redshirt more often than not.

Yeah, kinda wishing I'd left him at home and just used Marshall Q and Trelane along with another of my regulars in his spot.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, kinda wishing I'd left him at home and just used Marshall Q and Trelane along with another of my regulars in his spot.

Yup ... won my first gauntlet with Marshal Q on my squad ... have used him multiple times since (though not under 45%) and once again he's propelling me to top 10 this time around with wins against the likes of Judge Q and Mariachi Q on a constant basis ...

There was a player who didn't choose him in a behold from this past events premium pulls because they felt they had better crew ... I'm just glad I'm playing against players who make those kinds of choices. :)

Since posting that, I did manage three victories with Judge Q, two of which were only separated by a couple other battles instead of a full four hour recovery. I also beat Locutus at DIP/SEC with Mariachi Q, though with Locutus at 5% that wasn’t nearly as much of a stretch as getting two Judge Q wins. :)