Home The Bridge

Isn't it about time for the next portal update?

How long since we had the last one?

Best Answers

• Answer ✓
    Too long!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I believe we're coming up on 6 months - if memory serves, the last proper update was early December. So yes, definitely about time IMO.
  • [GoT] LuckyNumberHat[GoT] LuckyNumberHat ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Pretty sure this post is the one that exactly moved my other post on the same subject to the second page! :D

Answers

• Now DB:

when is it coming?
  • We need this soon i have 6 portals pulls, I know that's small numbers compared to some other people but i have very poor impulse controls and want to open them all now.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    So did we decide that a portal update was close or are we expecting to keep waiting
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    So did we decide that a portal update was close or are we expecting to keep waiting

Yes. What should be and what will be are often different things...I’ve decided to stop buying special offers that contain premium 10x packs for the time being. No sense adding to an already large pile if they’re just going to sit there.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also not purchasing these deals at the moment (except the campaign).
  • update it please before the mega event starts
  • I have plenty 10x premium portal packs with no intention of punching them until the portal gets overhauled. I realized today all my crew are at lvl 100 except 4. I have a few 4* crew who are elusive treasures or voyage only that need stars. Not in portal. Most of my incomplete lvl 100 5* crew are also elusive treasures or not in portal.
    Additionally the supposed 1.27% for 5* drop does not hold true. So why punch my packs when all im getting is duplicate 4* crew.

Please fix the 5* droprate. Their are plenty now. It could be changed to 20% and actually work correctly. Additionally a new infusion is needed. Release most elusive treasures and start fresh with crew from the past 6 mo only. 🥓
  • CloneClone ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the value in packs is gone for me as well and I've been saving up any Premium Portal pulls I get as rewards. There's no further reason to buy any of the pack offers. It's been close to 6 months since the portal was updated, hasn't it?

The only purple crew member I need from the current Premium Portal list is one I airlocked a bunch of times. I'd like to finish the 8 purple crew members that are clogging up my roster. I'm running out of space for weekly event 1/5s again.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    How long since we had the last one?

The last big update was December 11th. There was a small update on January 8th (seven cards). Also at some point Seven in Silver was added (or perhaps she was added at the same time the free one was given out), but AFAIK that addition was never announced.

Clone wrote: »
    Yeah, the value in packs is gone for me as well and I've been saving up any Premium Portal pulls I get as rewards. There's no further reason to buy any of the pack offers. It's been close to 6 months since the portal was updated, hasn't it?

The only purple crew member I need from the current Premium Portal list is one I airlocked a bunch of times. I'd like to finish the 8 purple crew members that are clogging up my roster. I'm running out of space for weekly event 1/5s again.

I've started saving my packs too although I don't have very many saved yet. I have all of the 4's in the portal immortal so it's just fishing for golds with their not great drop rate at this point.

Problem is, even when they update it the only purples I need (besides the 3 dilemma voyage cards) are 3 stars for Tarquin and 4 stars each for Smuggler Kassidy Yates, Irumodic Syndrome Picard, Vice Admiral Dougherty, Zero One, One Zero, and Buck Bokai. Those won't all likely get added so once there's an update there will maybe be 3 or 4 purples to try for (in an even more diluted pool) and it will largely still be gold go fish (but again with more dilution so more chances at yet another 1/5). [Currently at 82x 1/5's, 41x 2/5's, 12x 3/5's, 8x 4/5's and 37 5/5's]
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Comment moderated. ~Shan

Also personally I prefer quality over quantity of crew and to have my favourite characters in the team. In best case with a beautiful artwork and good stats etc. That is the wonderful thing about STT. Many different playing styles and ways to enjoy it...

• Lol Shan moderates In this thread, if only She gave an answer to my question... (and maybe an indication to when next update will be)...
  • CloneClone ✭✭✭
    Lol Shan moderates In this thread, if only She gave an answer to my question... (and maybe an indication to when next update will be)...

It's possible Shan isn't answering because the thread is already marked "Accepted Answer".
  • Hey mr. Sunshine, it seems there is something going wrong with the intended tone of my post and the way you are taking it up. I am sorry if my post irritated you so you felt you had to post this response . Please keep wondering about the world around you. A curious mind is a tool for life.
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey mr. Sunshine, it seems there is something going wrong with the intended tone of my post and the way you are taking it up. I am sorry if my post irritated you so you felt you had to post this response . Please keep wondering about the world around you. A curious mind is a tool for life.

Bro you have a lot to learn about Troll-shine Riker.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey mr. Sunshine, it seems there is something going wrong with the intended tone of my post and the way you are taking it up. I am sorry if my post irritated you so you felt you had to post this response . Please keep wondering about the world around you. A curious mind is a tool for life.

Some say that if you feed him after midnight, SunshineRiker turns back into DealWithItRiker...hijinks would ensue. :)
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whether it's portal updates, gauntlet updates, honor hall updates, upcoming events, future megas, or upcoming campaigns, DB obviously does their planning well in advance, so I don't understand why there can't be more transparency and lead-time in their announcements.

Not only would it help players plan and strategize, including future spending, but it would go a long way towards fostering mutual goodwill.

It could even be as simple as a quarterly of semi-annual roadmap for the next 3-6 months. As I suggested in another thread, they could also establish a schedule for some of these larger updates (ie: portal updates, gauntlet & honor hall refresh), but I'd gladly settle with more advance notice across the board.

It's not about responding to individual requests, but rather improving communication with loyal players.
    Webberoni wrote: »
    So I don't understand why there can't be more transparency and lead-time in their announcements.

I'd gladly settle with more advance notice across the board.

I don´t understand that either and would like the same things as you. But I don´t think they will happen. For a long time Erin Prince was in charge of STT for example. She left earlier this year. No info about that. Or who the new leading man/woman is.

Also as you maybe know DB is a small company with limited working resources. Currently it seems their focus is on monetizing their so called Disruptor Engine. Also at least 3 new games are in the work planned for a release not too far away.

https://www.disruptorbeam.com/about/press-releases/2019/4/10/disruptor-beam-expands-executive-team-with-two-key-hires

I will be glad if I am wrong, but I really feel this game is not a priority anymore. And is just run alongside those other projects...

We know Shan - you do what you can. On multiple platforms even: Lady Multitasking o:)
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Shan wrote: »
    I have a lot of work on my plate and less time for the forums, however I have seen this thread.
    If I had any update to provide I would have done so.
    I brought it up to the team and if there is something to announce, it will be done when it is time, as has been the case in the past :)

Thanks for the reply and sorry that you have even more work on ur plate than usual. Hope it goes back to normal, soon.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    I have a lot of work on my plate and less time for the forums, however I have seen this thread.
    If I had any update to provide I would have done so.
    I brought it up to the team and if there is something to announce, it will be done when it is time, as has been the case in the past :)

Thanks for the response. I don't envy your position as the messenger, but you're seemingly our only avenue to provide feedback (aside from the surveys that seem to disappear into a black hole). I'm sure it must seem like we're all piling on at times, but it's certainly not directed at you, and your efforts are truly appreciated!
  • Absolutely I'd say you are our first second and third hope of getting the info, and updates we so desperately seek..