Home Make It So!

Increase drop chance of old low stats 5*

There are a lot old crew that are eider undiscovered or just sitting in inventory's that are part of the initial or if not one of the first additions to the game. There stats stink by today's standards , and barring a massive revamp , they are meh for most people. I would like to suggest a higher drop chance for them in portals in addition to the current trend. Most 10x premium portal pull contains 1 purple then a bunch of blue crew and boat load of ship schematics (that are still not in the dabo wheel , thanks) . I'd like to suggest maybe getting a higher chance of an older 5* instead of those junk drops.

Comments

• I agree with this sentiment in principle, however, I think a higher chance to get a crew you don't really want is not a great scenario. Better than another Vorik or Maje Culluh? Certainly, but at least those are easy to airlock. Also, where do you draw the line on "old"? I'd love to see a better chance at some legacy crew, but implementing it would be very tricky.
  • PinkyfirstPinkyfirst ✭✭✭
    Perhaps the drop rate for legendary crew being increased in general. 1.27% drop rate is ridiculous considering the sheer amount of "legendary" crew. When nearly half of all the available crew are the hardest to obtain without spending a great deal of money and a good portion of that crew don't merit the title, it is quite frustrating. I know, everyone has different motivation for the crew they have and it is a personal choice who to keep or airlock, it is kind of absurd when you think about the difficulty involved in actually obtaining five stars for one crew member that has the most diluted drop rate in the game.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've thought about this as well, but with a different solution. First to decide how to segregate...

Option 1: go strictly by date introduced. Maybe just do the first 12 or 18 months.

Option 2: admittedly subjective, but use @Automaton_2000 's Big Book of Behold Advice (BBBA) and pick a tier as a cutoff point.

Alternative Solution: have a separate less-than-premium portal. Call it Q's Bargain Bin or something. Either reduce the cost of this portal or increase the odds for SR and Legendary crew or both.

This could help newer players catch up or help older players finish collections or just farm honor a little cheaper. Either way, I think DB could get a few extra bucks from this.

One thing that I haven't decided... Do you just update it at the same time as the normal Portal or do you keep it steady, then do a third portal when there is enough aging crew to justify it, then discount my Bargain Bin even deeper?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like the Bargain Bin idea but I wonder how much work it would be to maintain. Breaking down additional packs by release date should, in theory, make things easier on DB when doing updates. I suppose that depends on how the system is set up, of course.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    In order to in-dilute the pool for what's in the portal, it would be great if those crew moved into the "bargain bin" were removed from the portal. That way you could decide which group of crew you are "fishing" for.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Since we (many/most) are fishing for 5* only, I would love a legacy pool, purchable with honor and/or dil, that gave us Begolds only. Getting a discount for the 10% chance of getting an older 5* isn't much of an incentive for me. Not sure what would be fair pricing for this, but 33-50% off seems reasonable for cards more than 18 months old.
  • separate pools is a good idea.
  • How about special packs that are cheaper than normal but contain only crew from the first year or so of the game?
    Alternative Solution: have a separate less-than-premium portal. Call it Q's Bargain Bin or something. Either reduce the cost of this portal or increase the odds for SR and Legendary crew or both.
    In order to in-dilute the pool for what's in the portal, it would be great if those crew moved into the "bargain bin" were removed from the portal. That way you could decide which group of crew you are "fishing" for.
    How about we just move the Legacy pool (say the whole first year Gold roster) to drop in Voyages?

I think all of these would be great solutions, especially if Matt Decker's idea was combined with one or more of the others. It would remove both the frustration of not being able to get old legendaries that for any reason you want to add to your crew and the annoying problem of begolds that contain 3 old legendaries, that are all weaker (at 1/5*) than some decent immortal 4*.