Home The Holodeck

Star Trek Fleet Command (new game)

https://youtu.be/4hf1nCbeEG4

https://scopely.com/blog/scopely-and-cbs-interactive-team-for-star-trek-fleet-command/

Might give this a try, though not a huge Kelvin universe fan. First link is of some of the game play.

Comments

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be the last Trek game I ever play. Between Kelvin and Discovery--- well, I'm off to other franchises. This place keeps me cause I get the nostalgia pieces from TOS/DS9 even TAS etc.
  • I keep seeing this ad in game too
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moved this thread to the relevant category.
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they could put it on a PC and make it look a bit more like ST Armada then I might have some interest.

Also if they could make Scotty actually look like Scotty and a Nausican actually look like a Nausican it would go a long way.
  • Tried getting that a couple weeks ago, but wasn't available in the US.

Been playing Star trek Adversaries as my STT alternative.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogueAngyl wrote: »
    Tried getting that a couple weeks ago, but wasn't available in the US.

Been playing Star trek Adversaries as my STT alternative.

I don’t think it’s out yet, due end of the month. Unless there’s some sort of beta for it?
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its out now.. I have dabbled with it.
    Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Anyone playing this?
    I can't get it to load on my android phone (even though it's new with plenty of storage&RAM). The loading screen seldom goes beyond 76% (though I've had 91% a couple of times but never more).
  • I’m happy with playing STT and Star Trek: Online, but hope it’s works out for the rest of you.
  • Soooo.... Been playing STFC by Digit/Scoplely on iOS, iPad for a couple of weeks. Having just moved to Dublin it’s nice to be supporting a local studio - Digit games are just a few miles away. But it seems that the game that Digit Beta’d with folk has been hijacked by publishers Scopely and turned into a massive pay to play situation. Things are hugely imbalanced right now and this is just going to cut off their supply of newcomers. It’s no fun getting whacked by someone with a ship and officers ten x more powerful when you’re still learning and ppl won’t stick around for that unless they’re total buyers.
    On a personal note, I dislike being forced into a dog-eat-dog, hit ‘em before they hit you scenario - it seems contrary to the message of Star Trek. At the moment there is no way to seek redress against bullies, no direct link back to retaliate, no hitlist, other than the informal route of asking someone bigger than you to hit em back.

There’s a lot to love about the game re graphics, rolling mini events with great rewards and timed open-a-chest rewards but the powers that be need to bring in enhanced safeguards for juniors if they want players to stick around. I hope they’ll consider some sort of PvE-only Science team ( or similar) mode for the more peaceful types to also be able to explore the beautiful universe they’ve created.
  • i cant stand the game for the bullying. etc. all ya can do is mine minerals and such if ya dont watch your claim while mining someone comes and kills you then not even stake claim just kill and leave. all drama in the galaxy chat. nothing but hassle and irritation. it only gets worse from there. dont even get me started on releasing a ship that can obliterate any newbies. do not recommend this game at all
  • edited February 2019
    _
  • I like Timelines better.
  • They are adding stuff from Into Darkness soon. I play as Jec Orontos. Alliance: BORG, Server: the one with BORG, DATA, RAM, AOP, etc....
  • Played it for a month but lost interest.
  • Fleet Command doesn't feel like actual Trek to me. Like ... it's like all those base building games where soon newbies will be crushed. I tried to play it for a while but it was so frustrating not being able to get anywhere and to be forced to actually fight with people, when Star Trek always was about the chances of humanity of getting better and the hope of leaving war and intolerance behind whenever possible.

I'm just glad, Timelines does still exist. Back when they discontinued Wrath of Gems because Fleet Command was the new shiny Trek thing, I was worried I'd lose the only accessible Trek game that actually feels like Trek left, too.
    (Unfortunately STO and the other computer games aren't accessible if one, like me, only has one eye and a tendency for migraines.)