Home Make It So!

Faction Points once all factions reach Honoured status

I don't know if this has been discussed before; a brief search yielded nothing - but - once a player has achieved Honoured Status with all factions, it seems a bit redundant to continue getting faction "points" from each shuttle mission that are, in effect, useless. Once a player has all the factions @ Honoured, could there not be some alternate shuttle mission bonus as opposed to faction points that no longer serve a purpose?

Comments

• ..like instead 10 faction points, 10 chronitions per successful shuttle?
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adam BSR wrote: »
    ..like instead 10 faction points, 10 chronitions per successful shuttle?
    10 is a bit much, but 3 (which is less than the faction bonus after a faction event) were really a nice gimmick.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • anything would be preferable @shan than useless faction points, to be frank - and many players I have spoken to agree
  • I had brought this up some time back, suggesting Honor instead of Faction Reputation points, but I have since realized that the value of honor would've kept DB from doing that (if they had considered my suggestion). I'm thinking merits as the replacement reward. Thoughts?
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    I don't even think they need replaced. Just stop giving Reputation. No need to replace it with something else. I think the problem is that it feels wasted so just don't award reputation after it becomes irrelevant for a given faction.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy with just being able to feed them into the replicator.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • [CFOH] Earl Grey[CFOH] Earl Grey ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Data1001 wrote: »

Brilliant!
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭

Brilliant!

As long as it doesnt count towards the 1000 item limit
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Brilliant!
    Good point. I have to keep an eye on my inventory at least every few days, as I keep going over. Assuming every Faction's reputation points would count as a different item, that would make it a lot more precarious for players in my shoes.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

Brilliant!

For sure. I already have ship schems I can't get rid of, don't need even more junk. Not to mention constantly maxed trainers and (most) starbase items.
  • Adam2791Adam2791 ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    The 1,000 item inventory limit was why I suggested a few chronitons, or even merits - anything would be better than receiving "bonuses" you no longer need once all factions are maxed out.
  • PinkyfirstPinkyfirst ✭✭✭
    What if when the faction become honored any additional faction points were spendable in that specific faction's store on items that could be bought more than once?
    I know it would be nice to be able to get faction-specific items without merits/credits/dilitium.
    Helloooo science experiments and ancient films I seem to never have on hand.
  • Data1001 wrote: »

Brilliant!

+1