Home Make It So!

Dabo Adspin Cooldown - please lower it to 23 hours or something

Having the ability to try another spin at dabo with watching an ad is nice, but... with a 24 hour cooldown the moment you can watch that ad slowly gets pushed later, even if you manage to watch it daily at the same time just the length of the ad means the next day it will be that bit later and so on...

Lowering the cooldown to 23 hours would give everyone who wants it the option to spin the wheel and do the adspin right after that.

Comments

• Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't use adspin every day, only when there is something shinny I like, and I want to be disappointed when I don't get it.

A better idea would be if the adspin cooled down at the same time every day, no matter when you used it last. It could reset at the same time as the wheel resets every day.

Alternatively it could reset 12 hours after the wheel resets. This would allow two adspins on some days, provided you saved the adspin from the previous day.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would seriously lower the dilithium cost of running the wheel
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be a great help. However, I suppose it might have side effects, as Banjo1012 points out. I wish they would at least have it reset at the same time each day.
  • IT should just reset at the same time as the dabo wheel resets with new stuff
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    IT should just reset at the same time as the dabo wheel resets with new stuff

Either this or give us a clock so we can at least tell when it will reset.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Due to the cooldown, I missed my adspin today.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    IT should just reset at the same time as the dabo wheel resets with new stuff

Either this or give us a clock so we can at least tell when it will reset.

Courtesy of @eXo | SilverRose via Discord, here’s a handy little chart:

bt3xij7y1fc7.jpeg
    🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The chart is nice, but the issue is different. For me, if I do no extra spin one day, then I spin at 10:00. Easy to remember. But let's say I am working on something and don't spin until 10:18. The next day, I have to remember that it was 10:18 and coordinate my other ad-warps around that, which might be limiting. Additionally, planning to target an exact time is difficult. So I missed my timing and now it is 10:34. And then 11:49, which affects my free chroniton spin at noon, but at least that will refresh the same the next day. As it currently stands for me, my free Dabo spin is somewhere around noon, but I don't really remember exactly, so tomorrow I'll miss other free spins while figuring it out. Except that tomorrow I'll be on the road to Navajo Country, so my reception will be spotty and I may have it all wacky, anyway, so I'll have a day with skipping the extra spin and restart the whole irritating process.

The OP would just like to get it set so that it will be more predictable, which means easier to plan. I happen to agree.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    The chart is nice, but the issue is different. For me, if I do no extra spin one day, then I spin at 10:00. Easy to remember. But let's say I am working on something and don't spin until 10:18. The next day, I have to remember that it was 10:18 and coordinate my other ad-warps around that, which might be limiting. Additionally, planning to target an exact time is difficult. So I missed my timing and now it is 10:34. And then 11:49, which affects my free chroniton spin at noon, but at least that will refresh the same the next day. As it currently stands for me, my free Dabo spin is somewhere around noon, but I don't really remember exactly, so tomorrow I'll miss other free spins while figuring it out. Except that tomorrow I'll be on the road to Navajo Country, so my reception will be spotty and I may have it all wacky, anyway, so I'll have a day with skipping the extra spin and restart the whole irritating process.

The OP would just like to get it set so that it will be more predictable, which means easier to plan. I happen to agree.

I do not disagree. I posted the chart for others who might not be aware of the various timers and would like to know when each resets, for personal planning purposes, unless/until DB implements the OP’s idea. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust