Home Make It So!

Solution for time-consumming Events

As trekkies, most of us if not all are Geeks and like to use our brains! I would really like to have a a way for time consuming events like Galaxy and Skirmish ones to be less time consuming, I already proposed once that a single big button under the 2/3 elements to be built can make a 13 click procedure transform into 1 click procedure, after all having chronitons enough and item stock is the most important thing of the event!
How come that burning your eyes and your fingertips is not such a good thing to do, either waste your device's battery, and having to have several devices to play all-weekend-long while the others are charging should not be necessary, or in the end having to use macros, I haven't ever used macros, but that is the only reasonable way of how a 10 millon point player can really achieve that objective.
So, how about a little more cunning and less time consuming solution to those events?

Thanks

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having scored close to 10 million on a few occasions I can say that come Monday my fingers, arms, and shoulders are sore, my eyes are blurry, and my brain is almost non-functional. It seems that part of the criteria for scoring high or winning is the amount of time you can put into it just as much as the resources. You can have more resources than the next person but if you can’t put the time in you can’t win. Whether that is totally cool or frowned upon, that is the way
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turning off the animations would help, or at least the option too. Also, id like to see the next mission of the skirmish start automatically and getting rid of the animation between rounds..
    Really though, they are an exercise in boredom.
    DB: Do Better
  • MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Ditto Mr Lorca, plus my own thoughts put more simply. As a trekker, not a gamer, not a geeker. 🤪
    I dont go all in on every event or you would never have enough supplies unless you spend big $$$, (In addition to being brain dead and having claw hand from 4 days a week straight gaming), every week. When i do go all in i can place under 100 easily. I use a cord and stay plugged in while playing. No switching devices or running batteries low. If you want to play then commit to playing with a plan surrounding your lifestyle.
    The animation and clicking buttons is part of the experience. If it was all 1 click then macros, botts, and other forms of automated cheating would be much easier to apply.
  • Lorca, do you really believe a galaxy/skirmish event can be bought because of the hoarders of chronotons that exist?

I think in galaxy they could nix the item built popup, but keep the event rare item earned pop up.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorca, do you really believe a galaxy/skirmish event can be bought because of the hoarders of chronotons that exist?

I think in galaxy they could nix the item built popup, but keep the event rare item earned pop up.

Are you talking about galaxy/skirmish hybrid or each event separately or any combination of them?

Straight Skirmish, I've heard that some dilithium needs to be spent on extra rewards to win. I don't know if that's true, but even if it is, then it's the cheapest event to "buy" a win.

Straight Galaxy, chronitons can be bought to add to stockpile and give that player an edge. Basically, yes, it can be bought, but it takes more than just money. There is strategy involved, but money can tip the scales. Or you could spend $10 a pop on chronitons whenever the opportunity comes up. After a while, you could make a run. In that sense, you can buy a galaxy.

Hybrid galaxy/skirmish... well it's a hybrid of what I just said.

But you can't do it without putting the time in. Unless you take out the time factor. If that happens, then it's straight P2W.

All that said... A little streamlining wouldn't hurt my feelings, but... It would change the dynamic. And how much is too much? At some point it can become P2W. I can become a grumpy old man, so I just tend to go with "just don't touch it."
    And get off my lawn!!!
    Farewell 🖖
  • I hate Galaxy events and I hate it whenever there is a ranked reward that I want in a Skirmish, because of how time-consuming and repetitive they are. But as others mentioned, if you take that away, rank will only depend on resources and money spending and that doesn't really make it better.
    Even if they just removed animations and allowed quick-builds on Galaxy events, that would only make people spend more resources, because everyone could hoard vp points faster than before.

I don't know if there's any solution to make events less tedious. I don't even know if there's a majority of players who feel that way about them. One possible solution, could be to have three time-zone exclusive events, instead of one world-wide event, to spread out competition. Not sure if that's feasible, though, and it would probably make the leaderboards and ranking achievements less significant.
    Lorca, do you really believe a galaxy/skirmish event can be bought because of the hoarders of chronotons that exist?

Are you talking about galaxy/skirmish hybrid or each event separately or any combination of them?

Straight Skirmish, I've heard that some dilithium needs to be spent on extra rewards to win. I don't know if that's true, but even if it is, then it's the cheapest event to "buy" a win.

Straight Galaxy, chronitons can be bought to add to stockpile and give that player an edge. Basically, yes, it can be bought, but it takes more than just money. There is strategy involved, but money can tip the scales. Or you could spend $10 a pop on chronitons whenever the opportunity comes up. After a while, you could make a run. In that sense, you can buy a galaxy.

But you can't do it without putting the time in. Unless you take out the time factor. If that happens, then it's straight P2W.

All that said... A little streamlining wouldn't hurt my feelings, but... It would change the dynamic. And how much is too much? At some point it can become P2W. I can become a grumpy old man, so I just tend to go with "just don't touch it."
    And get off my lawn!!!

The purchasing of chrons in a galaxy is insignificant, 6,000 chrons costs you $50 when in the grand scheme of things people walk into a galaxy with over 100,000

• I agree, animations need to go , they were fun let's say the first few hundred times.... now they are just annoying ...
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

And get off my lawn!!!

The purchasing of chrons in a galaxy is insignificant, 6,000 chrons costs you $50 when in the grand scheme of things people walk into a galaxy with over 100,000

You're right. It's small in the grand scheme. 6k chronitons might tip the balance in a close race, but that's about it.
    Farewell 🖖
  • You don't realize that this happens in un unfair way, people still use money to but Dilithium and Chronitons and Crewmen, and use Macros to waste all they have bought, because it can't be possible that the same players or more or less the same win week after week, there is a trick there, don't you think so?
  • You don't realize that this happens in un unfair way, people still use money to but Dilithium and Chronitons and Crewmen, and use Macros to waste all they have bought, because it can't be possible that the same players or more or less the same win week after week, there is a trick there, don't you think so?

NO, i have people playing on multiple accounts in my fleet , and many don't even remotely posses the know how of macroing , they are just insane , playing 24/7 with no or next no sleep.
    You don't realize that this happens in un unfair way, people still use money to but Dilithium and Chronitons and Crewmen, and use Macros to waste all they have bought, because it can't be possible that the same players or more or less the same win week after week, there is a trick there, don't you think so?

Macros are against the terms of service. There are ways to tell if a player is using a macro. It has been discussed at length here on the forum. Accounts have been locked for cheating with macros. I think it's been close to a year since macros were a problem in this game.

But you are right. There is a trick to the same players atop The leader board week after week. They know which resources to conserve and buy. They know how to manage their time during an event in such a way that gives then an edge over the rest.

My fleet has a zero tolerance policy for macros, and yet we have been #1 in skirmishes most or all of this year. I forget the last time we weren't, honestly. I dedicate 12+ hours each skirmish over the course of the weekend. Others dedicate more and finish ahead of me. That is our "trick". It's no secret that's how you win a skirmish. Well... That's the main secret. You'll have to join our family of fleets to learn the finer points. ;)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how the same players win week after week. You can certainly tell which players (and fleets) prefer which event type I think, but it's not dominated by the same people week in week out.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
    You don't realize that this happens in un unfair way, people still use money to but Dilithium and Chronitons and Crewmen, and use Macros to waste all they have bought, because it can't be possible that the same players or more or less the same win week after week, there is a trick there, don't you think so?

Here we go again. Accusations without knowledge

Here we go again. Accusations without knowledge

Shh... I'm trying to use the lack of understanding as a recruiting tool. ;)
    Farewell 🖖
    Ah. Hey we can offer you lots of tips to succeed when you thought people were cheating but you were just too shallow to think about how to plan and strategize!!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how the same players win week after week. You can certainly tell which players (and fleets) prefer which event type I think, but it's not dominated by the same people week in week out.

1) An abundance of time, whether taken away from working/family/sleep or not.
    2) Iron thumbs. Or a computer and a mouse.
    3) $$$$.

3) $$$$.

My left thumb has a recurring pain from galaxy runs and skirmishes. No joke

• Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭

3) $$$$.

I think maybe I've been misunderstood. I know how people make it to the top of the leaderboard. I was disagreeing with a comment further up from General Abre

Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • I don't see how the same players win week after week. You can certainly tell which players (and fleets) prefer which event type I think, but it's not dominated by the same people week in week out.

3) $$$$.

As if the mouse hand won't hurt :smiley: i can tell you that it will , my G502 has PTSD from all the mindless clicking :disappointed:
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Ah. Hey we can offer you lots of tips to succeed when you thought people were cheating but you were just too shallow to think about how to plan and strategize!!

I know the strategy of all the events, I just simply can't do it every event... I climbed up to 21st and then to the 22nd position, not because of the lack of Chronitons, Items or crew, but because of time, I've run out of time everytime!

I know the strategy of all the events, I just simply can't do it every event... I climbed up to 21st and then to the 22nd position, not because of the lack of Chronitons, Items or crew, but because of time, I've run out of time everytime!

It is quite a grind. It’s like take a vacation from work time consuming
    So I did some math and other figuring. I’m not going to put how I arrived at this as that is trade secret material but by my estimation I can make a run at a galaxy win every month and a half. Without cheating in any way.
  • I have lot of item stock and a huge chroniton pile, compared to most players, I play as fast as possible, and I can do as amuch as 80k of points/hour, so 12 hours as someone mentioned above is almost 1M points, people win events with 8M points, that would be a 24-hour-play during the whole event, I would really like an explanation to that @Banjo1012 if you do not mind.
    I have fleet collegues that play the same thursday 4/5 hours and get to 350k.
    Let's do it the other way: everyone sleeps 7 hours at least, has to have 4 meals a day, 2 hours more, and put 1 more hour over there, so you have 14 hours to play, that is a little more than 1 million of points daily, 1,5M points, multiplied by 4: thats 6M, where do the extra 2M points people do to win? From sleeping time? I do really think top players cheat.
    Once again, you are asking me to reveal my secrets and strategy and I won’t do it. I said on here once that this is a poker game, you don’t reveal your hand. I was told that it isn’t that serious but this illustrates that it is. I can tell you, I play on iPhone. I don’t even own a computer and I know very little about them. I wouldn’t even know how to cheat that way if I wanted to. I will also tell you, I do not network or chat with people outside of this game forum, well one person but we don’t devise ways to cheat. You will see most people here on discord chats and what have you but you will not find me on them. I’m in a German speaking fleet to which I speak some but for all intents and purposes, I don’t even talk to my own fleet. All I know is they call me “the Killer” because of my event prowess. My point is if there are cheats going around I never know about them until they are caught and the aftermath is discussed here, as in Iampicard. I also do not have the technical know how to devise any cheats of my own. I am the kind of person who if I set my mind to it I can accomplish things. Last galaxY I poured everything into, I scored about 6 million points, good for second place. That is average 1.5 million points per day. Yes I dedicate my weekend to it, but again I’m the kind of guy who can be that relentless. I also plan a run around a weekend where I know I can dedicate myself to it. I will tell you that the one person I talk to is @ByloBand. He’s the only person who knows all my inside info and he can vouch for the fact that I can do this every month and a half and score that many points without cheating and without being a multi-millionaire. In fact I’m about to message him the last secret I have which regards having the time to be able to score that many points. If you still don’t believe me after he vouches, then make a chart of when my points are scored next time. You’ll see hours at a time and you’ll also see 20 minute spots where I get a little time. An hour there while the wife and kid are napping. I felt the need to say this because I like things that are pure. Like dogs and Mr.Rogers. As a retired umpire, I wouldn’t dream of cheating, rather I fought it every single day. Time, resource management, strategy, acquiring what you need and the avenues by which you can acquire them. Think about these things and instead of finishing 21, you and I may be fighting for number one some day
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...everyone [...] has to have 4 meals a day...
    Like... a second hobbit breakfast?

Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    My lips are sealed regarding details and specifics, but I can vouch that @Banjo1012 is not a cheater. He calls his shots before they happen, sometimes even publicly, and I think you would all be pretty amazed at his level of dedication, planning, strategizing, and resource management.

I'd just like to add that knowing Banjo, even hinting that he is cheating is about the most insulting thing you could say to him.
    I will add too that perhaps you’re not getting as many rare rewards. Bonus crew also factors into it. I had Gladiator Spock immortalized when he was the event crew and it seemed he was all I needed for every build. Got a huge percentage of rare rewards. Bonus crew is huge in a galaxy
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easiest solution: Don t play them! :p

2nd easiest solution:

Don t cry urself into sleep when some folks put up legit points you can t make, cause you are not willing to invest the amount of time, stamina and resources, and just enjoy the game. :)

Just try it, it might work charms. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
This discussion has been closed.