Home Ready Room

Question about Duras Sisters

Burnham, MichelleBurnham, Michelle ✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in Ready Room
So, I have one Lursa and one B'Etor. Which is the easiest to level to get the Duras Sisters? I don't mind chucking citations on to get one fully fused. For the Gauntlet. I managed to get Tuvix easily but I suspect Klingons are more difficult. Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lursa is easier to level and equip. As a reminder you can level to 99 (but not 100) and equip with all items. Then you can merge and level the duras sisters to 100.
  • Yes thank you! I was just looking them up on the Wiki, B'Etor has three 5* equipment whereas Lursa has none. They don't look enormously exciting stat wise but it's an interesting project to work on, like Tuvix. Potentially takes up a few crew slots but I think I can manage that.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you have them {or Tuvix} Fused, how do get more Stars for them? Do you need to keep Fusing the two separate Crew, then Fuse the Fusion into the Fusion you already have? Or can you like Fuse a Lursa to the Sisters? How does it work? And obviously it sounds like they have to be certain Levels before can be Fused?

Scott

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Once you have them {or Tuvix} Fused, how do get more Stars for them? Do you need to keep Fusing the two separate Crew, then Fuse the Fusion into the Fusion you already have? Or can you like Fuse a Lursa to the Sisters? How does it work? And obviously it sounds like they have to be certain Levels before can be Fused?

Scott

Yes, you need to keep Fusing the two separate Crew, then Fuse the Fusion into the Fusion you already have. They don't have to be any certain level though. In fact, after the first one, there's no reason to level or equip any of the other sisters you're fusing into the 4*.

You can check the wiki too as it can be helpful with stuff like this sometimes: https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Duras_Sisters
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Once you have them {or Tuvix} Fused, how do get more Stars for them? Do you need to keep Fusing the two separate Crew, then Fuse the Fusion into the Fusion you already have? Or can you like Fuse a Lursa to the Sisters? How does it work? And obviously it sounds like they have to be certain Levels before can be Fused?

Scott

After you have your initial 1/4* Duras Sisters (or Tuvix) - ideally at Level 99 - you no longer need to level any other crew in order to add more stars to them - that is, all additional stars can be obtained by using crew that are just Level 1. To make a second Duras Sisters (at Level 1) to fuse to your original Duras Sisters (at Level 99), you just need to collect a 3/3* (at Level 1) of either Lursa or B'Etor, and fuse that to a 1/3* (at Level 1) of the opposite one.

The other option to add stars to your initial 1/4* Duras Sisters (at Level 99) is to use Honor to purchase Super Rare Citations.
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    I had not seen this before, but I now realize there is another way to add a star to the Duras Sisters: you can win one in Dabo, if your are lucky (or spend lots).
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recommend to level Lursa to Level 93 or 94 (where she can equip the second of four items), build them up to that point and equip them. Then fuse 3/3 Level 93 or 94 Lursa with 1/3 Level 1 B'Etor. You will get Level 93 or 94 1/4 Duras Sisters with all but two last items equipped.

The last two items of the Duras Sisters are actually easier to build than Lursa's last two items (at least in my purrsonal opinion), that's why I'd fuse before equipping the final two items and before Level 99, ideally at the level where she can equip the second item.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irial wrote: »
    After you have your initial 1/4* Duras Sisters (or Tuvix) - ideally at Level 99 - you no longer need to level any other crew in order to add more stars to them - that is, all additional stars can be obtained by using crew that are just Level 1. To make a second Duras Sisters (at Level 1) to fuse to your original Duras Sisters (at Level 99), you just need to collect a 3/3* (at Level 1) of either Lursa or B'Etor, and fuse that to a 1/3* (at Level 1) of the opposite one.

The other option to add stars to your initial 1/4* Duras Sisters (at Level 99) is to use Honor to purchase Super Rare Citations.

1. Once you have your first 4* Duras Sisters (1/4) just go ahead and level her to 100, no reason to keep her at 99.

2. It is actually cheaper to buy 3* citations to fully fuse your Duras Sisters than buying 4* citations ... the only thing is that it takes longer as you need either a Lursa or B'Etor on your crew to fuse with those citations. Ideally, you wait until you have one of both and then fuse with citations.
    -> using 3* citations costs a total of 27.000 Honor (but costs time).
    -> using 4* citations costs a total of 54.000 Honor (is instantaneous).
  • I can't join B'etor and Lursa.
    What's going wrong?
    Folwin wrote: »
    I can't join B'etor and Lursa.
    What's going wrong?

many things could be going wrong, read the above thread for advice.
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Folwin wrote: »
    I can't join B'etor and Lursa.
    What's going wrong?

many things could be going wrong, read the above thread for advice.

Most likely problem I would guess, with the amount of information given, is are they both Fully Fused? {3*?}

Scott

• IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Most likely problem I would guess, with the amount of information given, is are they both Fully Fused? {3*?}

Actually, it is not necessary for one of them to be a 1/3* in order to fuse them together - it is just wasteful to have them both be 3/3* (or one be 2/3* and the other 3/3*).

My best guess for what messes up most people is they have taken their 3/3* all the way through to Level 100, and after they are Immortalized, then they cannot be fused into the Duras Sisters.

Actually, it is not necessary for one of them to be a 1/3* in order to fuse them together - it is just wasteful to have them both be 3/3* (or one be 2/3* and the other 3/3*).

My best guess for what messes up most people is they have taken their 3/3* all the way through to Level 100, and after they are Immortalized, then they cannot be fused into the Duras Sisters.

Now, see I learnt something right there. I thought they had to both be 3* to Fuse. To add Stars, whichever one you use DOES have to be 3*, right?

• IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Now, see I learnt something right there. I thought they had to both be 3* to Fuse. To add Stars, whichever one you use DOES have to be 3*, right?

To make a new 1/4* to add a Star to your existing Duras Sisters, the minimal requirement is one of the following:

- a Level 1 3/3* Lursa + a Level 1 1/3* B'Etor, OR
    - a Level 1 1/3* Lursa + a Level 1 3/3* B'Etor

Please note, once you already have an existing Duras Sisters, all additional copies can be made from Level 1 versions of Lursa/B'Etor - that is, no equipping is required of the cards for the additional Stars.
  • I have two 3/3 Duras sisters (seperate). I am working on leveling Lursa for the command stat on cadet challenges. Are the Duras sisters good enough to abandon this plan and merge them when I get Lursa high enough? Or am I better off getting a good cadet?
    I persoanlly immortalised all these types of crew first and then got around to making their fuse versions (i.e. Tuvix and The Duras Sisters) ... Lursa and B'Etor are quite handy for Sat and Sun, so worth it in my opinion (I use Lursa but not B'Etor) ... (Neelix and Tuvok not so key, but I'd rather have immortal crew).

Also, it takes up a ton of crew space ... up to 4 slots per fuse crew.
  • bkbroiler wrote: »
    I have two 3/3 Duras sisters (seperate). I am working on leveling Lursa for the command stat on cadet challenges. Are the Duras sisters good enough to abandon this plan and merge them when I get Lursa high enough? Or am I better off getting a good cadet?

I'd say to get your 3* sisters immortalized, or at least B'Etor. Get Lursa to 99 and FE for your cadet challenges. When you don't need her anymore, wait for another 1/3 B'Etor and merge them for a 1/4 D-Sisters FE at L99. The only thing 4* D-Sisters are good for is Gauntlet if you don't have stronger crew. You will eventually have to re-level Lursa to get your 3* Immortalized. I immortalized my 3*'s long ago, so when I found out about the D-Sisters, I did my best to keep all Lursa & B'Etor at 1/3 that I got (which is few and far between nowadays). I then used Honor to fuse one of them I wanted 3/3 and then fuse with a 1/3 of the other... then fuse with my x/4 L99 FE until I got it to 4/4.
  • Thank you guys! That's very helpful.

Right now I have a pretty large group of 3/3's that I'm hoping to get immortalized slowly but surely to make room for more/better dudes to immortalize. It's tough figuring out what to focus on.
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    bkbroiler wrote: »
    It's tough figuring out what to focus on.

The key thing is recognize that it is important to focus, to borrow your word. I think players can fall into the trap of working a little on lots of different characters at the same time, instead of just putting all their efforts into 1 (or at most a couple) at a time. As long as you work on 1 and get them immortalized, and then go and work on 1 again/etc., then the sequence in which you do so will be of secondary importance. That is, if you do a good job of focusing on 1 character at a time, things will work out in a positive way.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's tough figuring out what to focus on.

The key thing is recognize that it is important to focus, to borrow your word. I think players can fall into the trap of working a little on lots of different characters at the same time, instead of just putting all their efforts into 1 (or at most a couple) at a time. As long as you work on 1 and get them immortalized, and then go and work on 1 again/etc., then the sequence in which you do so will be of secondary importance. That is, if you do a good job of focusing on 1 character at a time, things will work out in a positive way.

I think it is also important to focus on a goal as that sets up what you do next and makes your current character leveling more focused as you have an overarching goal.

It can be collecting, so all the 1s 2s 3s etc. It can be event goal oriented if you have the inventory and trainers to be able to power level prepping for a event, or gauntlet performance.

Early goals, I feel, should be focused on the Cadet Challenges, both regular and advanced. Its finite and it's a fixed goal and there's so many posts and articles that give you good advice on who to do it should be cake, relatively speaking.

Once things are moving, I have found it helpful to sometimes focus on two characters, one easy and one hard for when you get into a roadblock (faction items and out of replicator rations for the hard one) so that you can keep moving.
  • Thank you guys. Yeah, focusing is hard, as I always want something to do, but when I get roadblocked I look for something else to do and it probably means I am wasting my resources.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you guys. Yeah, focusing is hard, as I always want something to do, but when I get roadblocked I look for something else to do and it probably means I am wasting my resources.

Like Pallidyne said, if you have a goal, then you can have multiple tasks that work to that goal. Just don't make them all have the same requirements.

For instance if your goal is to improve voyage duration, then identify strong voyage crew where you're weak and work on them. But don't choose all SCI crew and then get roadblocked when they all need science experiments.
  • I have twelve 1/4 or 2/4 crew sitting at Level 1 that I have received recently in all the packs and Voyages. They will sit there until I'm done leveling some of the others I have as favs at the top of the list. Focus on what you want, not what you have.
  • Lursa and B'Etor stopped dropping since about 2 months ago. Not found ever in faction centers either.
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Lursa and B'Etor stopped dropping since about 2 months ago. Not found ever in faction centers either.

I had 2 copies of Lursa drop for me yesterday.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lursa and B'Etor stopped dropping since about 2 months ago. Not found ever in faction centers either.

LOL I airlock one or the other in every pull.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it's true, they don't drop anymore.

cq2d3wa0i7e7.png
  • I have barely seen either in a long time, though I had received enough to then add a few citations to finish my D-Sisters. I can say in the (2) 15 pulls for $24.99 plus a 10 for 10 the other day, I saw 0 Lursa or B'Etor in those 40 10x pulls... thankfully for me!
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gone so far as to airlock the extras.
    qemunnr6xomb.jpg
  • I receive both sisters regularly still
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"