Home The Bridge

Anyone else still having problems with voyages?

SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in The Bridge
Yes, I did post this in the engineering room. But I’m just curious in general if other people are still having this issue? I’m chasing after McCoy, and I’m 10 minutes short of 64 hours, and my voyage is frozen. Very frustrating with a handful of dilemma options remaining.

Edit: I should have noted that I did send a ticket.
“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...

Comments

• EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a recurring glitch. It's messed me up way too often. I'd recommend putting in a ticket with support and then recalling your voyage; it's not worth waiting around on. Just be sure to note in your ticket about how much your last refill cost you in dilithium.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the glitch before, but it is much less frequent lately. I'm hitting 10 hours more often, so I've been happy about that. I'm happy the OP made it to 64 hours before the problem hit, but it seems like the problem is not completely solved.
    Farewell 🖖
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    This is a recurring glitch. It's messed me up way too often. I'd recommend putting in a ticket with support and then recalling your voyage; it's not worth waiting around on. Just be sure to note in your ticket about how much your last refill cost you in dilithium.

At this point I can’t even refresh it so I can recall. lol. Just hanging in limbo...

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, we've recently had one player in our fleet get stuck 3 times in a row at the 10hr mark. CS has resolved it each time (recall), but that's not really the objective, right?
  • Yes, I did post this in the engineering room. But I’m just curious in general if other people are still having this issue? I’m chasing after McCoy, and I’m 10 minutes short of 64 hours, and my voyage is frozen. Very frustrating with a handful of dilemma options remaining.

I got to 71hrs and 53 minutes and my voyage froze. It took 3 days for DB to respond to my ticket and return the voyage, so I missed out on the final Dilemma.
    CB4_V'ger wrote: »
    Yes, I did post this in the engineering room. But I’m just curious in general if other people are still having this issue? I’m chasing after McCoy, and I’m 10 minutes short of 64 hours, and my voyage is frozen. Very frustrating with a handful of dilemma options remaining.

I got to 71hrs and 53 minutes and my voyage froze. It took 3 days for DB to respond to my ticket and return the voyage, so I missed out on the final Dilemma.

That is almost rage quit level. lol
    ypjitgnylqbi.jpeg
    They were able to fix the issue and do right by me, so all is well.
  • I've had this happen to me a handful of times over the last few months, most commonly at the 12-hr mark. I rarely go past that (and these days, I only end up going that long if I've missed my timer and run out of AM). It alway happens for me right when the dilemma is supposed to occur -- it simply fails to load and the timer runs hopelessly only to reset to 12 hrs when I click out of the voyage. Lately I've simply recalled them without submitting a ticket. It just seems like more hassle than it's worth.
  • I've had this happen to me a handful of times over the last few months, most commonly at the 12-hr mark. I rarely go past that (and these days, I only end up going that long if I've missed my timer and run out of AM). It alway happens for me right when the dilemma is supposed to occur -- it simply fails to load and the timer runs hopelessly only to reset to 12 hrs when I click out of the voyage. Lately I've simply recalled them without submitting a ticket. It just seems like more hassle than it's worth.

This exactly. After the 12-hour mark seemed to get fixed, then the 14-hour started glitching for me. Fortunately, quitting the app a few times and reloading has worked to stimulate the Voyage back to life– albeit at the expense of the actual Dilemma (no Dilemma appears when it is supposed to, and thus, no bonus rewards for that hour.) . I only had to abandon one so far.

I quit extending Voyages unless I had 2 of the "prime" dilemmas and run it a little longer for the 3rd.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • There is a simple workaround for stuck Voyages:

1. Log off your account with stuck Voyage
    2. Log in to that account on an DIFFERENT DEVICE OR PLATFORM
    3. Solve the dilemma
    4. Log off the gane
    5. Log back in to your account on the initial device or platform

Seems like there are some issues with endpoints game cache from time to time, preventing the client to poll dilemma from server properly in that cases...

You also can try clearing the game-app cache (works sometimes) or reinstall the game (works often but not always).

Best regards
    Ben ;)
  • I did my long voyage a few weeks back and this happened multiple times. What worked for me was logging out and back on, sometimes many times, or just keep checking the voyage and eventually the dilemma happens. Wasted many hours over the 2+ days but saved DAYS over waiting for support.
    Well, it finally happened to me too - my voyage got irrecoverably stuck at the 12hr mark. First time I've ever had a problem. Virginia lost. (wasn't sure if the word I wanted to type would be censored)

After about 3 dozen attempts to unfreeze it, I gave up and recalled. I didn't try to re-install the game ('cause that always makes me nervous) and I have only 1 device/platform on which to play it (phone).

Trying to decide if I'll bother CS with this. The holographic Picard on my right shoulder says I should submit the ticket because it is the right thing to do, but more importantly to keep the broader issue on the dev's radar. The phantasmal Q on my left shoulder says I'm only going to waste time and get no real satisfaction for the effort.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    The times I have contacted support I have found them to be helpful and fair.
    Let’s fly!
  • I had a voyage stall at the 14 hour mark, and after retrying many times, the dilemma did not pop, so I just recalled.
    I couldn't leave the voyage frozen and wait for CS to sort it- as it may take days or a week or more and I needed the crew back - so I haven't contacted CS to report yet another voyage stall.
    It seems like a waste of my time and theirs?

Is it worth reporting after the fact?
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it finally happened to me too - my voyage got irrecoverably stuck at the 12hr mark. First time I've ever had a problem. Virginia lost. (wasn't sure if the word I wanted to type would be censored)

After about 3 dozen attempts to unfreeze it, I gave up and recalled. I didn't try to re-install the game ('cause that always makes me nervous) and I have only 1 device/platform on which to play it (phone).

Trying to decide if I'll bother CS with this. The holographic Picard on my right shoulder says I should submit the ticket because it is the right thing to do, but more importantly to keep the broader issue on the dev's radar. The phantasmal Q on my left shoulder says I'm only going to waste time and get no real satisfaction for the effort.

I'd put the ticket in. The worst thing they will tell you is "sorry, we can't help;" and my experience with this exact issue is they WILL help you out.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    While not as frustrating as getting stuck, I had one that skipped a dilemna yesterday. I refreshed it at 11:58 and it went straight to 12:18. That was a kick in the pants.
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening a lot more to me recently. The first time it happened it took more than four days to solve it but I got compensated appropriately. The last time it happened I got a reply within 24 hrs that my voyage had been recalled, all the items from the voyage were added to my inventory, they gave me a bonus purple and through an in-game message they replaced the voyage refresh token I had used. Always log a ticket for a stuck voyage.

I’ve complained about CS response time before but lately it seems to have improved, very happy with that.

It would be great if the stuck voyage thing could be fixed though. The other device tip has never worked for me. IamPicard used to be able to fix stuck voyages. Perhaps DB could, until they fix this issue, provide a link where you can log in, select the voyage dilemma answer and voila, voyage back on track.
  • Makes me wonder if and when the issue will ever be fixed???
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Only suggestions I can make. If your planning long voyage, first restart the ap. Then man voyage and send. Never spend more than a couple minutes in voyage at any one time. I would suggest just going in for a few seconds. If it looks like your AM is going to be within 100 of a dilemma, try to get in just before the dilemma triggers. I will try to get in within 20 seconds of dilemma. Otherwise, I get out and try to get in within 20 seconds. Usually this will keep voyage from getting stuck. But, I cannot say 100%.
  • How the hell do you manage to make it to 64 hours?? I usually hit 6 hours, or 8 if i'm lucky, but at that point I would need to revive every 2 hours, and i'm not rich enough for that lol. I can usually hit 9-10k for the 2 priority skills, so i'm assuming you just need to spend a tonne of dilithium to get that far?
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    How the hell do you manage to make it to 64 hours?? I usually hit 6 hours, or 8 if i'm lucky, but at that point I would need to revive every 2 hours, and i'm not rich enough for that lol. I can usually hit 9-10k for the 2 priority skills, so i'm assuming you just need to spend a tonne of dilithium to get that far?

Takes a while, but save voyage tokens. I have done it once without spending any dil.

When saving tokens, I will not extend using token. I will just let voyage fail. You can send another voyage, because you do not have to wait for return. That takes a little of the sting out for failing.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    How the hell do you manage to make it to 64 hours?? I usually hit 6 hours, or 8 if i'm lucky, but at that point I would need to revive every 2 hours, and i'm not rich enough for that lol. I can usually hit 9-10k for the 2 priority skills, so i'm assuming you just need to spend a tonne of dilithium to get that far?

Yeah, for the most part you either spend money on dilithium, or you save up the voyage refresh tokens, which do the same thing, in order to have the longest of voyages. If you look at the 10 hour voyage club thread, you'll see that the upper limit on a voyage without a refresh is 10-11hrs
  • I better start saving tokens then lol, thank you, I was worried it was only the dilithium-rich players who could make it that far.
    edited September 2019

I saved up a lot of voyage tokens and used some dilithium I saved for the rest (to refresh the voyage). It is very doable with the tokens and just the monthly card for dilithium.

• The 2 problems i have experienced with voyages.
    1. Start a voyage, come back for 2 hr dilemma no voyage running.
    2. Recall a voyage, come back to finish/claim only to find out it didnt recall it kept running and now im out of AM.
    onviously the first few times this happened i thought i was just absent minded and didnt actually hit the start or recall button. But after both of these things happening numerous times i realized it wasnt me being absent minded. Now i check and recheck every start and recall before logging out. In doing my double/triple check i have found the same issue still happens but i solve it myself immediately by my double/triple check process.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just experienced my first frozen voyage.
    Used a revival token at 7:50 and made it to the 10 hour voyage...

But now it just stays there, no dilemma, and my only option is to recall.

So... What is the procedure here?
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldude wrote: »
    I've just experienced my first frozen voyage.
    Used a revival token at 7:50 and made it to the 10 hour voyage...

But now it just stays there, no dilemma, and my only option is to recall.

So... What is the procedure here?

Recall and ask for the token back from cs.

• AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
    Just wanted to follow-up on my own experience. I waited 2 days before submitting a ticket (w/ screenshot of the non-dilemma at 12hrs). CS responded promptly (about 6hrs).

I asked for 100 honor (roughly the value of a miscellaneous dilemma). Didn't ask for a refund of the token used to extend the voyage since I did receive all the rewards earned (other than the dilemma). Probably would have felt differently if this had been a 72-hr voyage attempt.

I received a Mutated Paris as compensation (cool, since I need more). The CS agent also did an immediate recall of the voyage. That would have been ok if I'd still been stuck, but of course I wasn't, and the newly-recalled voyage was about to hit the 8hr dilemma. Ah well. I probably over-complicated my explanation of the situation. I did get all the rewards from the CS-recalled voyage, so I'm ok with it.

In summary - a quick, friendly response from CS with a reasonable solution. Kudos. :)