Home The Bridge

Soooo... I think I might

Stop adding the stars to my 3/5 Professor Sato and separately FE the fourth copy to keep as a separate card.

Even at 1/5 she was my second best base diplomacy card behind Zhian'Tara Odo. At this point she's at 3/5, and still sitting right behind him.

What do you think?

Soooo... I think I might 53 votes

Use citation on current 3/5 FE to beat Odo for first, rock a 1/5 FE as my third highest base diplomacy.
9%
abegheer1Gib - Admiral MarinersGhostStalkerEmperor Borg Drone (SC)Imokles 5 votes
Keep current one at 3/5 FE, rock a 1/5 FE and use citation somewhere else!
3%
12345678 of 123456789Dirk Gunderson 2 votes
Combine them all and then immortalize her!
60%
AviTrekTravis S McClain[QH] OxmyxJim RaynorHungry Dog DDMLeshyPhotonKimPaladin 27Banjo1012cmdrworfMirrorMartigansexy_ladyMatt_DeckerTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)ThurthoradDarmok campfire[DC] Picard Loves Reds÷ Billy Yamato V12 ÷Average GuyUluru 32 votes
Combine to 4/5 and then use citation somewhere else because SHE'S SO HIGH already!
26%
LalandraCommander Sinclair[SSR]TrollhammerenFinnbarAgge(10F)GeekgirlDavideBooksSynthetic CommanderIshmael Marx[ISA] Big McLargeHugeCam TaliisCaptain SMRMadman1MiT Sanoa 14 votes

Comments

• GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use citation on current 3/5 FE to beat Odo for first, rock a 1/5 FE as my third highest base diplomacy.
    Awww, 38 views and zero votes? Did I get blacklisted?
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will vote my friend. Immortalize her. She is way more valuable at 100% rather than split in half
  • Combine them all and then immortalize her!
    I’d always rather have my strongest cards at 5/5. That being said, I see the argument for splitting her up. If I did that, though, I’d definitely finish citing up the one copy with my next 50K.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep current one at 3/5 FE, rock a 1/5 FE and use citation somewhere else!
    Tier 60 was the fifth and final star I needed for mine and the difference was nothing short of phenomenal. Her DIP base for me right now is 200 points higher than even Ru’afo, and she has the same voyage DIP as Bridge Officer Number One (albeit with poorer supplemental skills). Immortalizing her is not a bad idea.

On the other hand, I look forward to a first star on a second copy at Tier 80. I never bothered putting citations on the first copy (star #2 was from a behold) because she was so useful even at 1/5* - an occasional voyager and pretty much always on a shuttle if not on a voyage. Unless you’re strapped for slots, having two Satos is also not a bad idea.

I voted the way I did because we are getting kinda close to the next mega. I should crack the 50k mark with time to spare and won’t cite any existing crew until I know who the recurring legendary is, and if they are worthy of a citation or not. Should you not have a reserve honor stockpile in place, I’d recommend doing the same.
    Thank you!

I guess I'm torn because I don't really "need" more than a base DIP of 1500 after boosts. I've three-starred every mission at epic, so at this point it might be more advantageous to have two base DIPs that are higher than Prisoner Cornwell, who sat as my highest for over a year.

Maybe an Odo sandwich?
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!

I guess I'm torn because I don't really "need" more than a base DIP of 1500 after boosts. I've three-starred every mission at epic, so at this point it might be more advantageous to have two base DIPs that are higher than Prisoner Cornwell, who sat as my highest for over a year.

Maybe an Odo sandwich?

Nah man. Immortalize her. Voyages man voyages

• Combine to 4/5 and then use citation somewhere else because SHE'S SO HIGH already!
    If you already read my comments on the beginner forum sorry for repeating myself, but while useful she is overrated IMO and you should focus on her highest usefulness with one copy. Highest base skill of the most common skill in the game, means she is almost 100% of events beaten out by event variants with dip skill, even sometimes their SECONDARY dip skill.

The "lvl 100 stats" crew google sheet stops at the top 150 base shuttle crew, but even the #150 dip crew would beat Sato onto a shuttle as an event variant. The skill is just too common to be important in MOST events.

As for voyages, it's true she could be useful there but it depends on how many FF legends you've got. she's #116 voyage total score which while not impressive, would still help people who don't have enough fused legends to fill up most voyage slots.
    I think the best way a crew can help is when immortalized.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Thank you!

Maybe an Odo sandwich?

Nah man. Immortalize her. Voyages man voyages

Yep. And as she is in portal now you could get another of her to start. Unless you want to hold back 1/5of her to add with portal and honor, and immortalize the other with honor.
    Let’s fly!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combine to 4/5 and then use citation somewhere else because SHE'S SO HIGH already!
    I will immortalize her since I had her at 1/5 to start. But from what you were saying, it sounds like you really want more diplomacy crew. In that case, have two of her. You may get more in future begolds. She is amazing and I would happily have a second copy after I immortalize the first. I don't have a diplomacy shortage, myself.
  • Use citation on current 3/5 FE to beat Odo for first, rock a 1/5 FE as my third highest base diplomacy.
    I’d always rather have my strongest cards at 5/5. That being said, I see the argument for splitting her up. If I did that, though, I’d definitely finish citing up the one copy with my next 50K.

This would be my suggestion too. I don't know who else you have with a good DIP base, but if it's just her and Odo, then starting a second copy is not a bad idea. It shouldn't take you too long to get 50000 honor to immortalize the first one, assuming you're not close to 0 right now.
  • Use citation on current 3/5 FE to beat Odo for first, rock a 1/5 FE as my third highest base diplomacy.
    I had her immortalized before the event, and she's really on near-permanent duty either on a voyage or a shuttle. I've started a second copy with the campaign and will likely also 5-star this copy at some point.
    I recommend going for two copies, immortalize one asap and plan to immortalize the other at some point as well.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Her main strength is shuttles I'm unconvinced about voyage usefulness, again this is down to who you have but I have a healthy mix of alternatives BoNo1, Lawnmower Man and Locutus to name a few.

I have pondered the same scenario and although her base is phenomenal, her actual event potential is another consideration to factor in as well as using up a crew slot for a significant amount of time.

I also like things neat and tidy and i'm currently got two sets of fusions for evolved Janeway on the go, and if you have a citation list like mine the size of starbase 1, I think focusing on one legendary at a time is still the most pragmatic approach.

All peoples circumstances are different however, but for me I'd probably focus on the one. Still time to choose because I haven't bought in yet though.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
    I always go for the chance to immortalize a crew.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Apart from daily shuttles and semi-frequent voyages, the main way she will be useful for nearly everyone is as a non-bonus event shuttle filler, especially for requisition shuttles. Rarely are you going to have enough bonus crew to completely fill 6+ shuttles, so you need strong non-bonus crew to fill the rest. With DIP/COM being a very common seat pairing, Sato would be among the first and best to make the cut. For her to help most there, she needs to be at least 4/5, if not immortal. The only reason I would say use the citation elsewhere is that I would guess you have better options to use it on.
    My Voyages are best served by my crew with high combined DIP scores. Typically, for me, characters with high base and very little proficiency are saved for shuttles. I can optimize mileage in both voyages and shuttles that way.

Meanwhile I should add, I've got plenty of crew slots (like 60 free) and I'm not really in a hurry to immortalize her, as she isn't in any collection I need and I've already gotten all the dilithium rewards.
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I will vote my friend. Immortalize her. She is way more valuable at 100% rather than split in half

This.
  • If you're going to get the honour to add a citation soon I'd be inclined to have one at 4/5 and one at 1/5, a week or so between having an immortal one is a small price to pay for the option to have 2 copies on the go.

If it's going to be a while before the chance to FF arises, immortalise her.