Home The Bridge

@Shan. Why are the PS lying?

I've just sent a request for the number of shuttle missions i ran and their outcome and i was told it is not possible. The thing is, i already received some time ago the outcome of the shuttle runs in the form of successes minus failures result.
So, why am i being lied to?

And second, i was told that they cannot divulge it. Why? It's not an algorithm formula or a proprietary issue. It does not divulge any secret. Well...except that it would help us players to see the actual statistic. But, since everyone here, including yourself, claims that the shuttles are working just fine, there shouldn't be any issues, right?

Comments

• I'd rather CS be working through actual issues, not generating statistics for you.

If you want statistics, do the work and keep track of them yourself.

Are you paying me? Cause I will do it if you are...if not...you're just a troll
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather CS be working through actual issues, not generating statistics for you.

No, but I also pay for this game and I'd rather the game I support work on game issues and not supply requests to players who are simply too lazy to keep track of the information they seek.
  • I'd rather CS be working through actual issues, not generating statistics for you.

No, but I also pay for this game and I'd rather the game I support work on game issues and not supply requests to players who are simply too lazy to keep track of the information they seek.

First you say that you want them to do what u wantem to do, not what i want...cause...you're "importenter". And now you're calling me lazy cause I actually have a life? :)) The time i would use keeping track of this I use actually working for a living.

And, you just proved you are a troll...you're just antagonizing me cause you feel like it. Or, cause you are actually told to do that. Pick one.
    It can't be because I want the CS reps to work on bugs and not an individuals personal statistics because they are lazy?

Nice false choice there.
  • It can't be because I want the CS reps to work on bugs and not an individuals personal statistics because they are lazy?

Nice false choice there.

If you were actually thinking, you'd know that those statistics are generated automatically, not manually. They would just have to copy-paste them. But, you just proved you can't think farther than insulting people.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Hope_F wrote: »
    First of all, every company operating in the internet worth anything has an analytics department, if DB has not, they doing it wrong (which they probably are). They could easily run statistics. The analysis undertaken there is actually vital for QC, in order to detect if something goes wrong. So for those weisenheimers who rather have bugs fixed than statistics run, should note that both go hand in hand.

Second, @[RO]BitterDevil, the shuttle probabilities are bogus. There is a post in Engineering from me which I update regularly with data from shuttle missions (others have contributed too) that show that it's all a big scam. So far DB has not responded. They know about the problem, they just don't care about you, since misleading you with false information is part of their business model.

Based on the lack of transparency in odds, and bonus multipliers etc, I assume that those who don't care about the stats are their prime customers and who they really care about.
    It can't be because I want the CS reps to work on bugs and not an individuals personal statistics because they are lazy?

Nice false choice there.

If you were actually thinking, you'd know that those statistics are generated automatically, not manually. They would just have to copy-paste them. But, you just proved you can't think farther than insulting people.

You may want to look at the post history, you started the insults. I have just called you "Lazy". I believe asking someone else to do something that you are perfectly qualified to do yourself would qualify as "Lazy".

You have called me a "troll" (your first response to me) before I lobbed the "Lazy bomb". Last I checked, a troll is someone who goes out of their way to give someone a hard time for no specific reason. I disagree with you and have given specific reasons for that. I'd rather CS deal with actual in game bugs than send out individual statistics requests. Yes, I'm sure they track it and have the information, but sending it out to every single player that requests it would be a significant undertaking for a small company.

Copy-pasting something once isn't an issue. Copy-pasting thousands of things because you're getting thousands of requests is not something I think their CS should be signing up for.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Urban dictionary for Troll:

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for the troll's amusement.

That covers a lot of ground, beyond just no reason. So was the motivation disruption? Is the response provocative but on-topic? Is amusement gained? Would the responses be considered inflammatory?

I think we've all trolled a time or two, but the perception of such seems to be in the eye of the beholder. Lol, of course the label troll provoking this discussion of what trolling is, might be considered trolling as well. Hell the topic title might be in that vein.
  • It can't be because I want the CS reps to work on bugs and not an individuals personal statistics because they are lazy?

Nice false choice there.

You may want to look at the post history, you started the insults. I have just called you "Lazy". I believe asking someone else to do something that you are perfectly qualified to do yourself would qualify as "Lazy".

You have called me a "troll" (your first response to me) before I lobbed the "Lazy bomb". Last I checked, a troll is someone who goes out of their way to give someone a hard time for no specific reason. I disagree with you and have given specific reasons for that. I'd rather CS deal with actual in game bugs than send out individual statistics requests. Yes, I'm sure they track it and have the information, but sending it out to every single player that requests it would be a significant undertaking for a small company.

Copy-pasting something once isn't an issue. Copy-pasting thousands of things because you're getting thousands of requests is not something I think their CS should be signing up for.

If i was asking you to do something for me for free...you would've been right to call me lazy. If i am asking someone i'm paying to do something that they should do for me...is not lazy. So that is an insult.

You didn't disagree, you made it personal. And you still are making personal in an effort to change the subject. I have the right to ask them that, and yet you come here and basically tell me to shut up, which makes you a text-book troll. If you would've kept it to "I'd rather CS be working through actual issues" it would've been your opinion, but you had to troll it up by telling me to shut up about it.
  • MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I'm afraid I agree with Peachtree Rex. It would never have occurred to me to ask CS for statistics. I do not consider that to be their job, and they are no doubt understaffed and overworked as it is. You may recall that in the none too distant past there was a significant delay in responses due to the sheer volume of tickets received every day. I cannot imagine that making demands like this of them is at all helpful and if everybody did it then it would lead to even more delays.
    (Ignoring any of the other context of the thread)

Do you think it would be reasonable for CS to field thousands of these requests individually? This seems like a lot of work on DB's part and I doubt would be something they'd willingly sign up to provide.

It seems more likely that you could request they develop some sort of in-game statistics (like they have at the end of a voyage) instead. Maybe a "daily crew performance review" or something?
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Customer service isn't the right department. Send a message to Nod.... Oh wait... D'oh!
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just sent a request for the number of shuttle missions i ran and their outcome and i was told it is not possible. The thing is, i already received some time ago the outcome of the shuttle runs in the form of successes minus failures result.
    So, why am i being lied to?
    I dont think its intentional it just depends on who at CS deals with your ticket. Nod always dealt with the statistics side of the game and hes no longer with DB.
    I don't really think the pass/fail successes of shuttles are something that CS could help you anyway as they are there for sorting out purchasing and dodgy portal pulls (i.e. getting the wrong event crew or accidental purchases).

I would like some kind of statistics display at the end of events but perhaps this is one for "make it so"

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • (Ignoring any of the other context of the thread)

Do you think it would be reasonable for CS to field thousands of these requests individually? This seems like a lot of work on DB's part and I doubt would be something they'd willingly sign up to provide.

It seems more likely that you could request they develop some sort of in-game statistics (like they have at the end of a voyage) instead. Maybe a "daily crew performance review" or something?
    There are many threads like this, one even posted by me...without any response of course.

Can you please make a list with what should people ask from CS? And maybe some punishment for asking anything that is not on that list. Oh, and each thing should have a spending prerequisite.
  • BTW @Peachtree Rex , you should ask for a bonus, you managed to turn the discussion from CS lying, to "you should ask only what i want you to ask from CS".
This discussion has been closed.