Home Engineering Room

Is the game down?

I have been trying for an hour

8blp9i40d7en.png

Comments

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Sorry to say I just got on.

Did you try letting it finish. Sometimes the message comes up but you still get on

Edit: Could be your internet provider (or mobile service )
  • Vreenak9Vreenak9 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

n5jtg9ox6imh.jpg

Same here.
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I move this in Engineering Room, there is already a thread and I can confirm that the game is not down.
    We are aware that some players have difficulties connecting. As far as I can tell it is not an issue on our end.
  • It was a bit sticky for a while there but I got in eventually
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Sorry to say I just got on.

Did you try letting it finish. Sometimes the message comes up but you still get on

Edit: Could be your internet provider (or mobile service )

Not my service, i am able to post here lol
  • SovinoxSovinox ✭✭✭
    Same issue. Assumed it’s related to new app version 7.2.0 as it just got updated on my phone.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said in the other thread there is currently a DNS issue impacting the access to our game.
    That is not something we have any control on and we hope it will be resolved soon.
  • I have been trying for an hour

8blp9i40d7en.png

I've been unable to connect since 20:00+ in the UK.

This applies across all the devices I access the game from (Phone & PC), Microsoft/Steam/GPlay all share the same message: "Issue connecting to remote server".

Maybe it'd help address issues if everyone who is having an issue logging in lists approx the region they're in (nothing specific like), and their method of accessing: e.g. through Play, Steam, Apple, Microsoft.
  • I can’t connect either.
  • RogaDanarRogaDanar ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I am having this also. Android, using wireless. Connecting to internet and other games fine.
  • Connects once in 1 or 2 hours. Holland
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reiterating that the game is not down but your access to it may be impacting by the current DNS outage affecting various services.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    A DNS issue is not something we have any control upon.
  • MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Really?
    The game is down. I can get online for anything else via wifi and 4G.
    I downloaded the new version to 1 device. The game wont load on multiple devices new or old version. I have 4 IOS devices. They are all working for anything but STT. Reports are all from various countries, various platforms.
  • I think it's the connection they use to 'broadcast' the game to us, that is what could be broken. Though I've just been able to gain access via GPlay for the first time in 4+ hours, yay.

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Really?
    The game is down. I can get online for anything else via wifi and 4G.
    I downloaded the new version to 1 device. The game wont load on multiple devices new or old version. I have 4 IOS devices. They are all working for anything but STT. Reports are all from various countries, various platforms.

Really.

I also downloaded the new version to one iOS (12.4.2) device, and the game will load on it with no problems:

dvd7mo274ybd.jpeg

The game continues to load properly using the old version on another iOS (13.1.3) device:

6nov59p49y7g.jpeg

🖖
    P.S.:
    kldpx3qlogik.jpeg
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the game was down it would actually make things much easier, we would let you know, investigate the issue, fix it and it would get resolved.

The issue is still ongoing.
    It is an AWS DNS resolution issue, intermittent at that.
    https://status.aws.amazon.com/

It affects access to our game but also these forums and hosted images.

• MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Shan wrote: »
    I move this in Engineering Room, there is already a thread and I can confirm that the game is not down.
    We are aware that some players have difficulties connecting. As far as I can tell it is not an issue on our end.

Shan, when i made my original post in this thread and the other thread at aprox 403pm timestamp, the above quote from you was the only “visible” response that you had made at 957am. As the malfunction reports continued all day.

As i come back to this thread and the other later, as things have cleared up there are multiple msg from you trying to explain the situation. However those post were not visible as you stated at 517pm the problem was also affecting the forums. I can only imagine how you felt 😤 like you were answering and no one was listening. Thats bcuz we couldnt hear you. I can only guess if i could not see your posts others couldnt either. What a frustrating day for you.
    Hope you have a better wednesday than tuesday. LLAP🖖🏻
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, I was able to use a VPN to change my location and get into the game. This may be a work-around for some. Using a New York location worked for me.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Hey all, I was able to use a VPN to change my location and get into the game. This may be a work-around for some. Using a New York location worked for me.
    This worked for me as well. Took awhile to find a decent free provider.