Home Engineering Room

The most annoying defect?

I was curious what people felt was the most annoying bug in the game in the hopes it might actually get fixed.

For me it is when voyages don’t present the dilemma after 12+ hrs, therefore you need to recall the voyage and lose the dilemma reward as well as the voyage time/dili you had remaining. I hit this weekly if not more frequently,

Agree? Others?

Comments

• inventory cap
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must be easy to please. What annoys me the most is when the crew members info square is present during a ship battle
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My vote is the bugs when you go to farm items from the crew build area.

It will show missions where the item was only a rare reward as the top mission.

Second is that it sometimes lists the same mission and difficulty level twice instead of two different difficulties.
  • That kicked fleet members are still able to read and post in fleet chat, until they restart their game. So no chance to get rid off, when someone decides to start havoc in fleet chat. :/
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Getting hit while cloaked in the arena, missing chat messages, missions showing at 5/5 for an item when it doesnt have the item.
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I must be easy to please. What annoys me the most is when the crew members info square is present during a ship battle

If you hold down any of the squares for a few seconds it vanishes.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

If you hold down any of the squares for a few seconds it vanishes.

I did discover that. Gotta do it quickly between initializations

• MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I will continue to play as a trek fan basically until the game disappears. I have played since it started. My answer is not going to be so simple. I cannot list 1 thing. And while i will continue to play my $ allowance has decreased due to the following.
    Over many discussions in several areas of the forums there are....

Scaling issues,
    Rebuilding already built items,
    Crew info square pop up during battles,
    Starbase/fleet upgrades/malfunctions,
    Chat system malfunctions,
    Daily missions calculation issues-standard or campaign,
    Voyage dilemma path blank or freeze,
    Getting blown up in arena while cloaked,
    Gauntlet RNG is especially obnoxious,
    Cap on inventory,
    cpt lvl, and vip lvl-add some bonus when maxed or increase,
    Many upgrades or changes asked for go ignored,
    Lost/disappeared crew and/or currency,
    Blank screens in all areas from time to time,
    New collections,
    On and on i could go with duplicate reports of glitches or request for upgrades and fixes, ideas to expand the gaming experience.

But what really has gotten my dander up, was the QOL work supposedly taking place. And forgive my ignorance but i truly believed the long term glitches were going to be addressed. Over the past 2 weeks there have been many more glitchy problems and complaints reported than usual. So not only was nothing fixed, but they made it worse.

I realize that C/S and Shan may not always be in the tech loop. But also i am extremely frustrated with the standard response...
    “not on our end”
    “must be your device, connection,”
    “we have no reports of that”
    “Did you restart”

When an entire fleet on multiple platforms, in many areas around the world are all reporting the same issue it seems obvious it is the game. This is when most ppl have already taken steps to investigate with other players, then post on forums or contact C/S. Otherwise its just a waste of time trying to play back and forth with a 4-10 day ticket or posting a thread for no reason. Everyone isnt so jumpy to waste time at the first slight hint of a glitch.
    Then we get told the above quoted statements basically theres nothing wrong or its the players’ malfunctioning equipment.
  • My current biggest bug is immortalized crew dissapearing from the vault.
    I guess I am going to have to waste a bunch of space on my phone to snapshot the vault to prove to CS that I really immortalized the crew.
  • My current biggest bug is immortalized crew dissapearing from the vault.
    I guess I am going to have to waste a bunch of space on my phone to snapshot the vault to prove to CS that I really immortalized the crew.

This problem doesn't exist. 🤪You must have accidentally dismissed them. 🙄 once crew are immortal there is a secret invisible dismiss button🧐 cant you find it? Get the infrared viewer, run it over your screen and you will find it. Haaahhaa. Ya right.
    Fortunately for IOS users there is a record button for video. I used to have crew go missing all the time. I record my vault, crew quarters roster (for lv and equip), and portal for full view of all currencies at least once a week, ”mondays” since most auto updates occur tue and wed, and prior to every forced upgrade. I had noticed most losses occur during weekly updates or upgrades.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ad problems. There have been none on my Android phone for months.
    On the iPad they are available but often just go black, they still give a reward though. But if this happens ads are broken subsequently, and only a restart of the game fixes that. I restart a lot throughout a day. If I forget about it (cadet) missions that should be doubled are wasted.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • RFRF ✭✭
    This is on android... May we please have a mute button. Each time I open the app, although the volume bar is turned all the way down, there is sound and effects until I slide the volume up and back down. Thank you for your consideration fixing a small yet super annoying bug with the game.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    RF wrote: »
    This is on android... May we please have a mute button. Each time I open the app, although the volume bar is turned all the way down, there is sound and effects until I slide the volume up and back down. Thank you for your consideration fixing a small yet super annoying bug with the game.

Is this with the very latest version of the app?
  • This happens to me, only if I have a Blue tooth device active.
  • Shan wrote: »
    RF wrote: »

Is this with the very latest version of the app?

This has happened for me with every version when I'm connected to Bluetooth.
  • RFRF ✭✭
    Thanks for responding Shan. This has always been the case and with the current update. I am pretty much used to it by now, lol.
  • PhantumPhantum ✭✭✭
    Hi,
    This is great, I have often thought of posting similar. Can I suggest that we use the awesome to vote on these things instead of repeating what others have said? Maybe the original poster could recommend this in his top post and others could mention it from time to time.

Go the farce!
  • Android - How about the Quick Build feature not working when equipping items on crew and you have to go and manually build each sub-item. I remember when they rolled-out quick build initalliay and how much it was touted.
  • edited December 2019
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    My vote is the bugs when you go to farm items from the crew build area.

It will show missions where the item was only a rare reward as the top mission.

Minutes ago it's doing it for 3* Emitter Crystals, showing elite Thy Enemy's Secrets (18 chrons), as the best mission, as a Rare Reward, though I got all the rare rewards long ago. Warped it several times before I noticed that it said rare reward, though that item is also listed as a standard reward. Didn't get any crystal. The wiki lists that mission as being the 11th most efficient standard reward source at 150 chrons per drop!

Edit: Actually 3* Emitter Crystal mission list is more mixed up than that, with the second mission, normal Into the Cave, being a standard reward, but the third, epic Material Assistance, being a rare reward which I haven't gotten yet. The whole list seems topsy turvy compared to the wiki drop list which in this case is much more believable. The end of the list it has: Romulan transmission, normal Battle Station, then Federation transmission, not only transmissions at the end as it should be.

But as Paladin 27 said there are several other missions that seem the same or similar, which makes it seem systemic.

Edit: Bah the list for 3* alcohol is messed up too. Now I feel like I have to check the wiki drop table for every item.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Whew...this is a tough call to narrow it down to just one. ;) Character ability screens that pop up during ship battles, inventory cap, voyage recall issues, censored words that really shouldn't be... If I had to go with one, I'd have to say the voyage recall issue. I've had it freeze on me several times now, the worst one at 64 hours.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does the inventory cap have to do with a non-loading dilemma? The items from the voyage are not in the inventory yet, not until you collect the rewards after the recall.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does the inventory cap have to do with a non-loading dilemma? The items from the voyage are not in the inventory yet, not until you collect the rewards after the recall.

If you're over 1000 items things randomly get destroyed which could include citations.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know, but I still fail to see why a capped inventory could cause a dilemma to break, because the items you get from the dilemma aren't in the inventory yet. Of course I'm aware of the danger of losing citations and other valuable items to the inventory cap if not paying attention.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")